Morello what is your take on soraka bot lane.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kuroneko The Cat

Senior Member

02-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Oh, we didn't forget Sona.

Apparently, we nerfed support so hard into the ground that they're still dominant
Can you just delete them so we don't have to see them nerfed anymore? =/


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Morello

Lead Designer

02-09-2012
3 of 17 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenkid View Post
Anything I have to say wont matter just like Shurelia you are clearly on a warpath with Supports dead in your sights.

You use Ranked and Pro QQ to justify your nerfs for Supports where are our Nerfs on Trynd or Vayne? Those champs are QQ every day.

You have not given us anything Support never gets anything. it is not our fault the maps are 4v4 just make the option to play 4v4 there no supports.

You claim to be anti sustain but you leave solo top and even jungle sustain alone. your just giving into the people who cant teamwork, or use in game options for healing.

Way to stand for nothing and fall for everything.
Your argument is baseless and full of paranoia - there is no hate of supports. The last 2 years of that conspiracy has done nothing but proven we like support characters, and after major nerfs their sustain is still extremely high. These numbers started at a place so out of control that they had no where to go but down, and even then pose issues.

We nerfed Vayne and Tryndamere. We nerf a lot of champions. We buff quite a few too. There is no witch hunt, and all the evidence shows that this is, in fact, all in your head.

And Shurelia on a warpath against supports? You mean the pentultimate support player?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Raja Naga

Senior Member

02-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mare Do Well View Post
Are you dumb?
I'm guessing they played a healer in WoW. Have to take it easy on them.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Morello

Lead Designer

02-09-2012
4 of 17 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterwcer View Post
There is quite a difference between "required because the AD carry needs all the CS" and "dominant".
Then why is it the heal characters dominate instead of tank/AD kill lanes?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

108th Fruit

Senior Member

02-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Then why is it the heal characters dominate instead of tank/AD kill lanes?
Because kill lanes require coordination, unlike ad/support, so you're not going to see them work properly in solo queue.

In scrims I run kill lanes bot instead because they counter ad/support.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MormonChinMormon

Senior Member

02-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFxVemosStriker View Post
Btw me and a friend found a counter to this AD carry/support bot meta.... its titled

Leapfrog cadets..
Singed + Volibear.
double toss ftw.
caitlyn > all melee kill lanes.

she sets up 3 traps in a row, no one can get in melee range.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bu773rd0g

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-09-2012

You don't like support champions at all. They get nerfed, they have no skins, and new supports are rarer than a silver dollar in Mexico.

Give one example. ONE EXAMPLE of something nice you've done for the support class. Let's see if you can come up with something.

Edit: And don't say that there is a new champion in the works, because that's not something nice, it's something that's a year overdue. I mean something prior to this post.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ravenkid

Senior Member

02-09-2012

One example? how about when you reworked Soraka not into a healer but into a battle mage courtesy of Shurelia. how about the wall of Patch notes for Soraka compared to 2 paragraphs on some AA like Vayne who still gets to abuse the AD items.

novel idea how about instead of me supporting my views again and again you tell me how you love supports. go on I can wait.

Tell us how you love the meta you hate love, about all the ideas for support champs all the skins and new support champs your releasing.

All the Buffs they have gotten over the years. Tell us about your support lux, morganna, and nidelee.

now tell us about all the nerfs they have gotten patch after patch and how many reworks.

go on i can wait.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Morello

Lead Designer

02-09-2012
5 of 17 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bu773rd0g View Post
You don't like support champions at all. They get nerfed, they have no skins, and new supports are rarer than a silver dollar in Mexico.

Give one example. ONE EXAMPLE of something nice you've done for the support class. Let's see if you can come up with something.
I'm not trying to win a popularity contest with support characters - I'm trying to keep them in the game balance-wise without making them ruin it in the process. Since they're still great picks and game-worthy only proves we haven't intentionally (or even accidentally) overnerfed them.

There's tons of threads - unpopular champions (such as support) are getting skins prioritized for them, and we have a new support coming out very soon. We don't release enough new ones, agreed on that front...that's why we have to fix it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Banedy

Member

02-09-2012

Hey Morello while you are at it, you know, nerfing supports, how about a little nerf on kennen AD?