@Riot, Any Leona Love?

First Riot Post
1234511 ... 25
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Alamandaros

02-08-2012

It's a bit tiresome having a wonderful champion like Leona being pigeon-holed into the "support" role bottom, resulting in being gold starved and making it very hard to have her live up to her full potential.

Are there any changes in the works to free her from this spot? Perhaps, as many have suggested, allowing her to proc her own passive on creeps and thus giving her the option to jungle decently?

Alamandaros

02-08-2012

/poke

Morello

Lead Designer

02-08-2012
1 of 10 Riot Posts

I think Leona's in a pretty decent spot. She's very functional in a bottom lane setup, and I don't see the need to give her the added power to allow her to jungle. Furthermore, to do so may compromise what's currently fun about Leona to balance her in this new role - something I think would be a net loss for Leona players.

It's something we talk about regularly, but right now we're not really looking at making changes here.

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

02-08-2012
2 of 10 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
I think Leona's in a pretty decent spot. She's very functional in a bottom lane setup, and I don't see the need to give her the added power to allow her to jungle. Furthermore, to do so may compromise what's currently fun about Leona to balance her in this new role - something I think would be a net loss for Leona players.

It's something we talk about regularly, but right now we're not really looking at making changes here.
Indeed.. I suggest you stay away from her...

FAR away.

Colonel17

02-08-2012

IronStylusIronStylusIronStylusIronStylus
*checks the sky for parrot*
IronStylus? kinda really hoping for some Leona love soon, and not just a skin

Edit: wow two reads posted before i finished mine. IronStylus!

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

02-08-2012
3 of 10 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel17 View Post
IronStylusIronStylusIronStylusIronStylus
*checks the sky for parrot*
IronStylus? kinda really hoping for some Leona love soon, and not just a skin
Ninja'd you! =D

swampyrules

02-08-2012

The Iron Solari will prevail.

Wrosgar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-08-2012

I agree Morello. Her ganks would be more powerful than Maokai's - an already strong, if not strongest ganking jungler. Leona is nice down bot. Gives me something pretty to look at when I'm last hitting

BikiNidalee

02-08-2012

I think leona's fine, she has a role to play and she does it extremely well.

A support does so much more than just let the AD carry last hit. You're responsible for zoning, warding, protecting...pretty much everything except last hitting, which is arguably one of the most boring aspects of any MOBA that has it.

A new skin would be very welcome though ^__^

gold boi

02-08-2012

It's a bit tiresome to have players think that the support role is a "pidgeonhole" that players are forced into to make the meta work.

1234511 ... 25