What are Champions of "trash tier" in Dominion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aruthin

02-08-2012

The reason why Garens spin is bad in dominion is because Garen in summoner rift is a very early game person. He can 1v1 modestly well till level 6 because the early game damage on his E is very good. However, in dominion, rarely does Garen go bottom to 1v1, and even then, with the amount of money you start with, his damage is usually rendered negligible with a prospectors blade or the AP equivalent.

Mad Suppordle

02-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusinessEvolutio View Post
Is this the correct video?
http://www.twitch.tv/national_esl1/b/307787533

Theoretically Sona should be exceedingly good, though there appears to be a skill cap and coordination requirement for her potential to come out. You are a highly skilled played so you are able to use her potential.

In that video in virtually every fight where Sona was successfully focused the team lost the fight and the point. Where Sona could kite this gave their team the chance to crush the opposition. In a pair Sona is very strong, in team fights it depends whether she gets focused successfully, and there is almost no 1vs1. This is what I've seen over and over. I love Sona, so I am bit disappointed by the performance I usually see. I'll agree that Sona isn't trash but you need a good team that knows how to work with her. I've seen Sona doing well in pre-made teams.

Also watching lots of other videos Sona paired with Ryze seems to be very effective. I almost feel that for Sona to become the most effective, team strategy almost needs to be built around Sona. Keeping Sona in pairs that are effective at all times.
That's the semifinal. It's a great match, and anyone getting caught out of position on either team and focused generally meant a team fight loss... not just Sona (You can see it twice from our Ryze, as well as a few champs from the opposing team).

Towards the middle of that game you can notice me being too close to the center of the team fights (out of position) where you see us lose fights badly, then doing better as I skirt the edges more later. That was me and/or my team not positioning correctly. Positioning your ranged champions is very important, its more of an innate issue with all ranged than Sona specific. The next match (final) I do some solid 1 v 3 defense on Sona and had a good kdr for whatever that's worth.

Also as I mentioned, I solo queue'd Sona a lot that week and rarely had any trouble. A good percentage of my losses were due to matchmaking suddenly being all "A wild Sauron has appeared!"

Sona's skill cap is deceptive, and I don't think poor or mediocre play from people who are stuck well under the skill cap should count against the champion when considering if the champ is good or not.

BigDaddyRelish

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-08-2012

I have to disagree with some of those.

Trundle is an exceptional duelist, his ultimate/q go a LONG way in turning the tides of a fight, and his passive is constantly activating for significant chunks of health as battles go down. His mobility and his pillar are also very very useful.

Tankwick can also win games. He's very difficult to take down, his Q regens a lot of life and it makes him invaluable for tanking towers to take them back, and defending towers from aggressors. He can also see into the jungle if someone is at low health from nearly across the map, which is also handy.

Teemo is ok. Sweeper Teemo butt****s stealth champs like no tomorrow and his blind is as infuriating as ever, but otherwise he isn't that special. A low priority pick at best, but not completely worthless. Also, I'd rather have Ashe. Way stronger poking, isn't melee, and dat ulti.

I agree on Shen. He's just weak overall right now though, some buffs will make him completely viable in Dominion in the future. But for now, he's too overnerfed of a champ.

Ashe is definitely viable. Her ultimate is extremely good on Dom, can kill people she isn't anywhere near if they are trying to cap a turret. Not to mention it's great for initiating onto points safely. Hawkshot is also one of the very few abilities that can see into the jungle, so that is very worthwhile as well. Volley is a great poking mechanism and perma-slow is pretty strong on Dominion as well. Best pick ever? No, she definitely has her weaknesses. But she is by no means bad.

Veigar I can kinda agree on... he can straight up one shot people with his ult up from a very early point in the game, but once it's down his power falls considerably. He can't farm up his Q, but the trade-off is that he can't be denied any items and scales very powerfully with the items he gets. Again, he has weaknesses, but he's not worthless either.

Garen is good on Dominion. Really I don't see how that's entirely debatable, Garen is an exceptional duelist and his silence/spin is the bane of casters. He may not farm his W all the way up but then again, he's not so heavily reliant on that that it breaks his character. He does not scale as well into late game, but by that same token, he's a fast, hard to kill bruiser with an aoe death spin and an awesome execute that rapes hard early game. I don't see how he's bad.

Lux also is not bad. Kassadin does rape her, but what caster does Kassadin not rape? Kassadin has been a top ban in SR/Dom for ages now for a very good reason, he just makes a caster's life far too difficult. She can be screwed by gap closers, but so are so many other champs.

How is Corki bad? Corki in my eyes is one of the stronger ad carries you can bring into the fight, he has significant damage and his poking is incredible. He has decent mobility and nice armor shredding, I don't see how he's bad either.

I'd go ahead and say Mundo is rather weak. AD Mundo can do some work, but I'd much rather have someone like Riven or Olaf who are way more reliable, and have so much more going for them. The heal reduction aura hurts a lot too.

Nunu can be decent, but I think he isn't especially amazing either. He is very scary when paired with someone like Vayne or Yi, but at the same time idk. There are other supports that are just as scary that do even more like Janna or Sona.

Draydan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddyRelish View Post
I have to disagree with some of those.

I'd go ahead and say Mundo is rather weak. AD Mundo can do some work, but I'd much rather have someone like Riven or Olaf who are way more reliable, and have so much more going for them. The heal reduction aura hurts a lot too.

Nunu can be decent, but I think he isn't especially amazing either. He is very scary when paired with someone like Vayne or Yi, but at the same time idk. There are other supports that are just as scary that do even more like Janna or Sona.
I have to add to some of those too.

I experimented with Mundo and Nunu and while tanky they do not shine, they are nice AD bruisers.
Mundo requires a couple of Belts before adding PD\LS to his 100-200 AD boost.
Nunu can go pure AD+Crit+LS or Belts+Atmas+Crit+LS. And of course should accompany other AD carry.

With Surge + Cleanse\Tenacity both of them pack a punch.

PineappleSlices

02-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draydan View Post
I have to add to some of those too.

I experimented with Mundo and Nunu and while tanky they do not shine, they are nice AD bruisers.
Mundo requires a couple of Belts before adding PD\LS to his 100-200 AD boost.
Nunu can go pure AD+Crit+LS or Belts+Atmas+Crit+LS. And of course should accompany other AD carry.

With Surge + Cleanse\Tenacity both of them pack a punch.
I have no clue what you 2 are talking about. Mundo is almost impossible to kill 1v1 or 1v2 after mid game. The key is you gotta land that Q. Sunfire+W will burn ur enemy's hp so fast they won't even know what killed them. And don't play it as AD bruisers. Play it as a mage

ps. I got from elo 18xx to 21xx with only Mundo, Nunu, Malphite.

Chingmeister

02-09-2012

Veigar is pretty good if you have 10% cdr masteries, 15.8% cdr@18 runes, and start cdr boots, cloth armor, and max stun first. Especially when paired with say...Jax...you get 3.5 seconds of AoE stunnage...

Build a Thornmail as your first item, Abyssal, and Rylais and your GTG. Add in a Warden's Mail and WotA if the game goes long enough and you become the CC energizer midget from Hell.

3.5 seconds of AoE stunnage is enough for your entire team to easily drop half the other team...and makes up for squishier champs...

Makestro

02-09-2012

Lol at the guy who said Lux, she's one of my main dom champions and she destroys. Also Ashe and Teemo are really good if they use their utility and play smart. Shen has his uses also because his ult is global and very handy if he's good.

Kinda annoys me people think there are champs that are total garbage period, sure some champs are outshined because there is a similar version that is more bursty or brings utility to the fight, but the fact is any champ in the right team composition can be extremely useful and game changing.

Makestro

02-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aruthin View Post
The reason why Garens spin is bad in dominion is because Garen in summoner rift is a very early game person. He can 1v1 modestly well till level 6 because the early game damage on his E is very good. However, in dominion, rarely does Garen go bottom to 1v1, and even then, with the amount of money you start with, his damage is usually rendered negligible with a prospectors blade or the AP equivalent.
Garen should be built to do damage in dominion, trust me garen can destroy with the right runes and items. And by destroy I mean it. If you ever been caught in the spin of a dps garen on dom you're ****ed unless you're a tank.

Draydan

02-09-2012

Recentrly I tried Shen and found him pretty decent with Sunfire+Tornmail+Atmallet.
Was fun to survive 1v2 with Garrisoned tower vs Bliz+other melee AD.
If not our 0/6/0 Ryze we could win