What are Champions of "trash tier" in Dominion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mad Suppordle

02-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusinessEvolutio View Post
2012-01-23 NESL Dominion Tournament #15 Point Defense vs Yomi
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdcirWOqLKY

Team with Sona lost by 120 points, the opposition was targeting the Sona to take them down fast when they got a chance. Does anyone have statistics for the win loss of teams with Sona during the tournament, I am very happy to change my opinion. Theoretically Sona should be a very strong pick with MS buff and the ult, though from what I have seen it doesn't seem to pan out. I love Sona in Summoners rift, i just feel there are far better picks in Dominion.

Hmmmm I will admit what I say does refer to solo queue, not 5x5 premade or possibly the highest elo. Any character in the hands of top players can be good, also I feel Sona helps coordinated teams. Also I am just talking about dominion, mainly solo queue, whereas in Summoners Rift, Sona is a god.
NESL Dominion Tournament #17 Crystal Stars vs TS (Formerly IG) and Crystal Stars vs Yomi Semi-final and Final (2 most recent videos)
http://www.twitch.tv/national_esl1/videos

Watch and learn. Also in addition to the tourney matches I have a very high Sona solo queue win percentage.

Stimuz

02-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aparkhurst View Post
A lot of mages just don't have a place in dominion

Swain, Cho'gath, Orianna, and Veigar to name a few.
Swain and Cho'gath are both strong against bruiser heavy comps, which are common. Veigar would be strong if you couldn't dash through his event horizon without being stunned.

Xuhula

02-08-2012

Playing Shen and Lux as a support have had good results for me. With Shen, my main job is to take damage for other people of my team especially some squishy AP champ. If you can land your taunt, Shen is actually pretty powerful. Lux can interrupt a capture from half the map aware and can win teamfights without being there. Also, her snare and shield saves lives. Shen does need a buff imo on his shield and Vorpal blade but he's viable for Dominion because of the taunt. No one should pick Veigar unless it's Draft Pick and the enemy team picks 3-5 AP champions.

Mad Suppordle

02-08-2012

I've had a lot of success with Lux.
I've seen 0 Shen picks that couldn't have done as well or better by picking something else.

Lucian32

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

02-08-2012

@ OP: You underrate Warwick. All you need is Mpen boots, Glacial Shroud, Spirit Visage, and Witt's End and you start doing work on people. He gets extremely tanky with high sustain, which lets him stick on points well. His 1 on 1 CC is amazing (especially under a tower, but more importantly for a Team Fight he can shut down a carry and let your team blow him up). His ult can guarantees easy kills. He is extremely underrated.

AU Torma

02-08-2012

Honestly I'd have to say Teemo. I've never seen a good Teemo. I love when I see an opposing bottom lane Teemo - it's free gold. The other champion I haven't seen frequently do well in Dominion is Kennen. You'd think his stuns and team fight contributions would make him a top pick but there seems to be something going on with his low DPS and difficulty with sustained DPS for those longer team fights. Not to mention his ulti cool down hurts him more in Dominion due to the frequency of team fights (meaning he will more often than not be unable to use it).

Aside from that I think there are just champions that look bad compared to others, but are not bad on their own. I'll add to the Ashe list though - I've lost almost every game I had an Ashe with and she never seems to do a whole lot to help (although the quality of the player might have something to do with it, either that or the current meta).

Jelly Rev

02-08-2012

Teemo is a good counter pick to ad carries

Id rather have a good ashe or teemo then a good kait, MF, or TF.

Eve and twitch are trash picks unless the other team goes hard glass cannon

I think soraka is trash, wasted pick.

I usually get upset at teamates when they pick twitch, eve, TF, kait, MF, shen, soraka, viktor.

other annoying picks that my team make include Zil, WW, xerath, and the fabulous taric.

Have never seen a karma in dom so woodnt know.

It truly depends on the team being built. Is it a tanky dps team, an assassin team, or a cc support + carry team.

Dessim8

02-08-2012

Soraka has MR shredding AoE damage and can double or triple someone's armor while healing them. How is she worthless?

It's also counterproductive to rage at someone's pick just because you don't know how to use them well.

zionist shill

02-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aparkhurst View Post
A lot of mages just don't have a place in dominion

Swain, Cho'gath, Orianna, and Veigar to name a few.

Swain and Cho'gath? Rofl what are you smoking.

DoctorEvolution

02-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimike View Post
NESL Dominion Tournament #17 Crystal Stars vs TS (Formerly IG) and Crystal Stars vs Yomi Semi-final and Final (2 most recent videos)
http://www.twitch.tv/national_esl1/videos

Watch and learn. Also in addition to the tourney matches I have a very high Sona solo queue win percentage.
Is this the correct video?
http://www.twitch.tv/national_esl1/b/307787533

Theoretically Sona should be exceedingly good, though there appears to be a skill cap and coordination requirement for her potential to come out. You are a highly skilled played so you are able to use her potential.

In that video in virtually every fight where Sona was successfully focused the team lost the fight and the point. Where Sona could kite this gave their team the chance to crush the opposition. In a pair Sona is very strong, in team fights it depends whether she gets focused successfully, and there is almost no 1vs1. This is what I've seen over and over. I love Sona, so I am bit disappointed by the performance I usually see. I'll agree that Sona isn't trash but you need a good team that knows how to work with her. I've seen Sona doing well in pre-made teams.

Also watching lots of other videos Sona paired with Ryze seems to be very effective. I almost feel that for Sona to become the most effective, team strategy almost needs to be built around Sona. Keeping Sona in pairs that are effective at all times.