Any idea what the new hero will be?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xypherous

Systems Designer

02-08-2012
68 of 69 Riot Posts

Okay, I'm done. Good night all.

Sorry if I didn't get to your question - I'm sure the mechanics preview and such will answer your remaining questions. XD

SillyDodo

02-08-2012

If you were standing at a wall (closest you can get) and you shot it through, i.e. the thin wall near mid, would you shoot THROUGH or would it hit the terrain?

Edit: NONONONONONOONONONON
Editception: Posting under red. Aww yeah

Dargul

02-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SillyDodo View Post
If you were standing at a wall (closest you can get) and you shot it through, i.e. the thin wall near mid, would you shoot THROUGH or would it hit the terrain?

Edit: NONONONONONOONONONON
Editception: Posting under red. Aww yeah
He's stated already that the hook will not go through ANY terrain.

greenxminder

02-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
Okay, I'm done. Good night all.

Sorry if I didn't get to your question - I'm sure the mechanics preview and such will answer your remaining questions. XD
Good night man, that was awesome of you to share all that info. I'm probably going to buy him out of the sheer fact that he seems fun. (igetboredofchampseasily)

SillyDodo

02-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dargul View Post
He's stated already that the hook will not go through ANY terrain.
Oh okay. Thanks.

exe3

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-08-2012

Quote:
Fair enough, I can see how you would think this - and I totally agree that for some people, the mouse paradigm would be more intuitive.

For me, having a dash every 2 seconds captures this feeling well enough for me. That said, I don't think I necessarily succeed at creating unique playstyles all the time.
Don't get me wrong I think she has a great unique flair to her, she's among my favorite champs (among cass and maokai <3 ) and she was my first day 1 purchase. I just don't think she's unique for the reason you were giving.

Also I wasn't suggesting changing it, just stating that to me, if anything, Riven requires even more right clicking for movement than usual lest she Q into the wrong direction.

Though you are right about the E in how it feels, I just wouldn't go as far as you were in describing it, you still move by right clicking, you just have more power with your abilities than usual to help with that movement.

Aydn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-08-2012

I'll honestly buy any champion you design, if only because you're a perfect example of what I always have liked about Riot.

You interact with the community on a level that I personally never thought a company would allow an employee to do, especially in the gaming world..

I work in "the industry" and could only dream of being allowed to talk about my products/projects!

Afflictid

02-08-2012

I swear to god I will quit league of there is ever a champion like Pudge. He is absolutely the most frustrating character I have gone against in any video game. Herp Derp spam hook because it travels four lightyears until I hit someone. Oh I hit someone, better channel a ridiculously long stun on them!

BadgerDrool

02-08-2012

How are his mana costs? Is his Q as expensive early game as Blitz's?

I'm kinda curious how reliant on mana itemization he will be. It's likely Blitz's biggest issue, you really need mana to make him work.

Sarcon

02-08-2012

Quote:
He might be a tank.

He might wield an anchor.

He might be slow. He might have a hookshot to compensate.

Maybe.
Why can't we get a new support champ? Seriously, we haven't had one in ages. We're all tired of seeing the same four all the time; Sona, Soraka, Janna, Taric or Alistar. but in actuality, it's mostly always Soraka on one team and Sona on the other.