[Suggestion] The other side of reporting: MVP Votes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PWNHAMMER40K

02-06-2012

OK so we have a system for reporting bad players, how about a way for a team to thank good players?

SWTOR PvP lets you vote for an MVP (Most Valuable Player) at the end of each warzone, it'd be great if LoL had something similar.

Award the MVP extra IP/XP and maybe even extra ELO if 3 or more members of their team vote for them.
Make the number of votes hidden until everyone has voted. I guess you could even allow someone to vote for a player from the enemy team.

Even if you don't actually reward an MVP with any points, it'll be good enough to simply count and the total number of votes a player has received throughout their career and display it on their profile, maybe adding an icon of a medal or something next to their name in chat and champion selection etc.

Such a symbol of recognition would encourage players in a random team to listen to the MVPs, as well as encourage players to be on their best so they can get voted. Bans or enough reports might negate the MVP status until enough new votes have been gained.

and just for fun, there could be Player of the Week/Month contests displaying people with the highest votes on a server

As for getting rigged by friends voting for friends, you could disallow voting within a premade team.

How about it? A good way to move towards allowing the community to also reward players instead of only being able to punish them.

Délusional

02-06-2012

No. Especially no ELO boosts. IP rewards would just be premades giving each other free IP.

Xenoith

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-06-2012

Yeah, I'd be down for bonus IP rewards. 5% per vote.

Kuroneko The Cat

02-06-2012

My own system?

Hugs From Momma

02-06-2012

Been suggested a lot of times before, they would have to prevent you from voting for an account more than once per week / month in order to slow abuse.

Some little graphic reward would probably be enough - player name text in custom colors or something small like that.

IlfirinVelca

02-06-2012

Agree with an MVP system based on votes. Dunno about rewards/etc, but agree with idea.

PWNHAMMER40K

02-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Délusional View Post
No. Especially no ELO boosts. IP rewards would just be premades giving each other free IP.
maybe they could counter that by disallowing voting within a premade team?

Délusional

02-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWNHAMMER40K View Post
Why not? What harm could that do? Being susceptible to rigging by premade teams?
Riot won't give you a way to freely earn more IP without lowering the overall IP gain first.

It's just a bad business move.

And ELO is a definite no, too easily abused.

ratcharmer

02-06-2012

I'd really like some way to do positive reinforcement but I don't really like the way you have it set up . . .

1) There would be a bias do to what class played. I'd be willing 90% of the time people would just vote for whoever has the most kills.
2) I'd honestly prefer no IP/ELO reward. That just invites abuse. If anything maybe make it so it counts in your favor in tribunal (if you ever end up there).

Werewolf Link

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

02-07-2012

I agree on an MVP System, and these rewards are options, but the system would have to be built to stop abuse.

Can't vote for a Friend, or when in Premades of more than 3, unless voting for an Enemy.