Level requirement for ranked games increasing to 30

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

howcanyouslap

Adjudicator

07-21-2010

posting in here cause i can

posting in here cause this is one of the few moves that i truly applaud. thank you riot


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OkG Larry Bird

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

07-21-2010

This is ridiculous, low level people want to play ranked too


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GreatICE

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Junior Member

07-21-2010

Maybe need more levels to reach?
the max 100?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SharkPuppy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Junior Member

07-21-2010

Only people who work their way to the final level should have the opportunity to play for rank. No matter how a game is designed, skill can't be given. This level limit encourages people to develop the skills necessary to be a good team member, and a viable asset in battle. I completely support this, even though I myself haven't reached 30, it just urges me to spend money and play harder. Monocle smile.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cooldude1234

Senior Member

07-21-2010

Nice glad to see the first step in the right direction!

Now if only we could get our stats back from normal games!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dilby

Junior Member

07-21-2010

i have to say. if you didnt bring out the graph i would of quit. i was so mad cuz i had to grind to get to 20.... im lvl 19 and was hoping to do my first ranked match today but nope now i got a couple weeks to go and i have to say i believe the leave rate. but the win rate part i dont see how thats possible it seems it would have to even out somewhere im 19 and ive never had more losses than wins and ive heard about many others having the same records. if people are only wining 32% of the time some1 else is winning the other 68% so how can that b e possible? if you would like to explain you can email me or leave a post


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Alvv

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Junior Member

07-21-2010

This is so disheartening that Riot would do this... so for the people who don't have time to sit in front of a computer and Grind out to 30 ... get shafted of having decent gameplay why? because of whining 30's? i mean really?!

what's the point of playing now? since the only real competition was in ranked matches, normal mode is just practice and "try out my new champ/build" mode ... fail if you ask me... but as they say ... Squeaky wheel......

At least start a U-30 Ranked option or something, don't just give people ranked and then take it away from them...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tryndamere

President / Co-Founder

Follow MarcMerrill on Twitter

07-21-2010
2 of 2 Riot Posts

It means lower level people in ranked games are not experienced enough to compete effectively and they win only 35% of their ranked games.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Scrumpy Jack

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

07-21-2010

What about ranked 20-29?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

prophet of toast

Senior Member

07-21-2010

This has gotta be the first time I'm geniunely mad at Riot for what they've done. I'm level 27, not 30, it's gonna take me probably 3 weeks to get to level 30 unless I power level. I want to play ranked games. I'm not a leaver, I have friends who can back this up. I basically have a full runesheet, and I'm a competent player at my level. I really have to say, F*ck this sh*t. F*ck this total b*llsh*t move on Riot's part.