@Riot, Someone at Riot posted that if anything on Kat would be changed then it'd be W

First Riot Post
123456 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Katarėna

02-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
We just discussed this, and I agree this is the area to hit.

I want to do a few cool things here. What I'm very against is making her ult any different - the high-risk/high-reward thing is awesome here. The real issue is that her risk doesn't pay off, she can't really -do- anything else.

Making her basic skills more reliable will help this without taking the fun out of her.
Oh my god Morello. I hate you even more now. You respond to THIS thread, but not the 90 page one with 750+ upvotes.

Pika Fox

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-03-2012

Quote:

I want to do a few cool things here. What I'm very against is making her ult any different - the high-risk/high-reward thing is awesome here. The real issue is that her risk doesn't pay off, she can't really -do- anything else.

Making her basic skills more reliable will help this without taking the fun out of her.
Her ult still has a pretty high pay off when it does happen though. Its kind of the Nunu effect; You know its probably going to be stopped mid way through, but that one time in the game they accidently dont get a CC on you, the game almost instantly changes.

Josh de Tonreau

02-03-2012

Quote:

oh my goodness...bookmarked favorited mental-noted I love you dearly, Morello. I really, really do.

Josh de Tonreau

02-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarėna View Post
Oh my god Morello. I hate you even more now. You respond to THIS thread, but not the 90 page one with 750+ upvotes.
Lol.....Riot likes short n sweet.

Hevacalvecus

02-03-2012

Quote:

What if her W also gave her immunity to CC for x seconds, or up to x sources of CC? (In addition to the current effects)
that way, she could at least begin her ult, then die. Instead of getting into position and dying.

I am no expert, but I feel it would help a little bit, although also be blatantly OP against teams with little CC (Sort of like Yi)

Velrex

02-03-2012

Quote:

Would this mean taking away power from her from somewhere else in the long run? As with a champion who has Kat's all-in-1-skill power type of deal, that seems to be the main problem with a remake on a champion such as her.

Velrex

02-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hevacalvecus View Post
What if her W also gave her immunity to CC for x seconds, or up to x sources of CC? (In addition to the current effects)
that way, she could at least begin her ult, then die. Instead of getting into position and dying.

I am no expert, but I feel it would help a little bit, although also be blatantly OP against teams with little CC (Sort of like Yi)
Something like this would be way too strong imo. There's a reason why people have a small attachment to the Morg-kat combo, Kat with CC immunity for even 1 CC is REALLY strong, enough that if it were innate, they'd probably have to drop the damage on her ult by a huge margin, especially since she'd be able to reliably activate it whenever she needed to.

Morello

Lead Designer

02-03-2012
2 of 3 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarėna View Post
I respond to what I see when I'm on, as opposed to doing big searches instead of giving out info.

I don't have assigned "forum time," I pop on and talk about what I can and see.

Gallahan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-03-2012

Please dont hurt my kat, just make her more awesome

Morello

Lead Designer

02-03-2012
3 of 3 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hevacalvecus View Post

Really want to retain the counter-play of her ult so we don't have to take the teeth off it. I think great Katarina players should be mastering this aspect (and compensating for it with things like BV, Black Shield Morg, etc).

123456 ... 9