@Xypherous/Morello: Orianna Needs Help

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ObscureClockwork

02-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhettoSND View Post
You know what could help Orianna? Having a passive on her Q that when she picks up the ball, she gets 75% of the mana returned. I mean, who wouldn't like playing catch with themselves amirite?
i dont think that is a good place to spend a buff

i mean, i find her mana costs ok, i can manage it, so if anything, im looking elsewhere to buff

Morello

Lead Designer

02-01-2012
2 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojodarkale View Post
Fair enough. That's the feeling I get playing her; she's really hard like those other champions but just feels 'off' now and it's hard to pinpoint exactly why... which is probably the reason I came up with so many different points.

I was thinking about WotA some more earlier today and basically concluded that if it was really good on her now, she'd probably be just as unstoppable as she once was. That wouldn't be desirable either, because then she'd get nerfed in another way. I figure WotA on her is basically a luxury item to fill that 4th or 5th slot, after you have a hefty amount of AP, and just keep the core at RoA, Sorc boots, Deathcap, Void, etc.

After all the games I played, I think the endgame build that fits her play style best and is the most well-rounded is probably: RoA, Sorcs, Deathcap, Void or WotA (depending), Abyssal, and Zhonya's. This makes her more of a durable, tanky-DPS mage. Combined with the 30 MR/armor from her own shield, the HP from RoA, and the additional MR/armor from Abyssal and Zhonya's makes her pretty threatening.

Just curious, if you're still around: are those "initial set of changes" the ones Xypherous brought up in another thread that are on the way in 2-3 patches for skill shot management?

Even if the upcoming changes are just QoL, thanks for letting us know you guys are thinking about it.
Yeah, she's a strange character so her balance is a bit more sensitive than others. I do think she needs a little more oomph to get back into a position where she can be a threat, but she needs to have some additional downside so she can be dealt with in lane.

greenerpastures

02-01-2012

No offense Morello but I think that Ahri shares a lot of the problems that Orianna had - very high range with zoning potential coupled with pretty insane escapability. I really liked Xerath's design in that sense, in that his ranged were very high but there was some counterplay to that because you could gank him pretty easily when his range was high (I mean his ratios are another story but...)

ObscureClockwork

02-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenerpastures View Post
No offense Morello but I think that Ahri shares a lot of the problems that Orianna had - very high range with zoning potential coupled with pretty insane escapability. I really liked Xerath's design in that sense, in that his ranged were very high but there was some counterplay to that because you could gank him pretty easily when his range was high (I mean his ratios are another story but...)
dat 975 range charm

i just think the hitbox could be smaller

Serpentongue

02-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Yeah, she's a strange character so her balance is a bit more sensitive than others. I do think she needs a little more oomph to get back into a position where she can be a threat, but she needs to have some additional downside so she can be dealt with in lane.
No sustain, escape mechanisms and having all her damage locked in skillshots don't count as downsides? Compared to someone like Ahri, Orianna's flaws become quite apparent, IMO.

GhettoSNSD

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2012

How to fix Orianna imo: Give her Q a passive. Passive: Every time Orianna throws her ball and picks it up, she is refuned 75% of the mana cost. (Why 75%? Because you have to walk into harass range to pick it up.) I like to play catch with myself. :3

InsaneNcrazY

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2012

She just needs the move speed on her ball to sped up much like Viktor Power Transfer did this patch. Thats all she would really need because her damage is pretty good as it is.

ObscureClockwork

02-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneNcrazY View Post
She just needs the move speed on her ball to sped up much like Viktor Power Transfer did this patch. Thats all she would really need because her damage is pretty good as it is.
i find ball speed is fine. it makes positioning all the more important, as well as creating that skill floor.

just need something for autoattacks to be usable late game, so its easier to maximize her damage

MystDragoon

02-01-2012

Give her auto attack range of 3000, buff her passive, and give Q a 30 second cd. I'd play her...

ObscureClockwork

02-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MystDragoon View Post
Give her auto attack range of 3000, buff her passive, and give Q a 30 second cd. I'd play her...
huhwhat?

oh wait, did i just get trolled?