@Morello - Your opinion on the state of Ezreal in comparison to other carries

First Riot Post
123456 ... 10
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shaboinker

Senior Member

02-01-2012

You can down vote me but it doesn't change the fact that graves and corki out class ez in pretty much every way. What it always boils down to is "Why" pick that champion. There is no reason too in ez case right now.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Morello

Lead Designer

02-01-2012
2 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0xiDIzE View Post
I love Ezreal, and he does a fair amount of damage despite not being able to build crit, or at least not ideally.

However, don't you think his mana regen and/or mana costs could use some tweaking, at the very least? I run MRegen yellows AND blues, and still can't kill either enemy bot lane before going OOM if soraka is picked.
This is fair - there could be a QoL tweak that could help. I think that's as far as I could see him needing.

(People thought Cass was pretty bad, and she's less of a secret every day).


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bug Byte

Member

02-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0xiDIzE View Post
I love Ezreal, and he does a fair amount of damage despite not being able to build crit, or at least not ideally.

However, don't you think his mana regen and/or mana costs could use some tweaking, at the very least? I run MRegen yellows AND blues, and still can't kill either enemy bot lane before going OOM if soraka is picked. His costs seem severe even when looking at him from an AP build perspective.
i think soraka is more of the problem than ezreal


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Forrestal

Senior Member

02-01-2012

Except for the fact that he gets free AS from both passive and flux, has the best mobility of any carry, ultra long range poke ect ect.

I've seen Jungle Ezs.He's a great carry and one of the few that really needs blue to be at his best.

the current problem is that people build stupid things like Manumune on him. IMO Manamune is an item that is surpassed by just about any comparable item. It's only advantage over the others is additional mana, and gneerally unless you're ryze, more mana doesn't count for ****.

Build him like you build Cait or Graves then give him blue. rush A BT do whatever. He'll pwn.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shaboinker

Senior Member

02-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
This is fair - there could be a QoL tweak that could help. I think that's as far as I could see him needing.

(People thought Cass was pretty bad, and she's less of a secret every day).
His late game is not strong and his lane phase is not strong. How can you think that he doesn't need something somewhere. Mystic shot scaleing needs a .1 increase for sure.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jaekyungx

Junior Member

02-01-2012

ashe's passive is so bad. please change


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

0xiDIzE

Member

02-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
This is fair - there could be a QoL tweak that could help. I think that's as far as I could see him needing.

(People thought Cass was pretty bad, and she's less of a secret every day).
No, I completely agree. Mana cost adjustments I've felt for a while have the last barrier to Ezreal getting noticed again. Or at the very least, allowing me to pick him in ranked without getting so much flak for it. ^_^


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Legumee

Senior Member

02-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
This is fair - there could be a QoL tweak that could help. I think that's as far as I could see him needing.

(People thought Cass was pretty bad, and she's less of a secret every day).
Riotezreal suggested future ap ratio buffs- are you guys still going through with that?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shaboinker

Senior Member

02-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrestal View Post
Except for the fact that he gets free AS from both passive and flux, has the best mobility of any carry, ultra long range poke ect ect.

I've seen Jungle Ezs.He's a great carry and one of the few that really needs blue to be at his best.

the current problem is that people build stupid things like Manumune on him. IMO Manamune is an item that is surpassed by just about any comparable item. It's only advantage over the others is additional mana, and gneerally unless you're ryze, more mana doesn't count for ****.

Build him like you build Cait or Graves then give him blue. rush A BT do whatever. He'll pwn.
His mobility is no better then corki or graves. No ad will ever get blue unless you run something weird mid like morde. Kog poke is so much better then ez so is corki. His passive steriod is not that strong and pretty useless early game.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PinoyZoi

Senior Member

02-01-2012

Can you tell us when Pulsefire Ezreal skin is coming out?


123456 ... 10