Hey Xypherous What's going on with the stealth remake

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EasyTiger20

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
Jungle Changes were pretty awesome in the end.
Wat. First time I have ever disagreed with a xyph post.

II DC II

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-31-2012

Quote:
While it is grating for it to wait long, I do kind of understand why Season 2 Changes and Jungle reworks and projects like that came first - mostly because.. well.. the Season 2 Changes and Jungle Changes were pretty awesome in the end.
I know a lot of people who would argue about what you said about the jungle btw

Ayrennar

01-31-2012

Quote:
Well, think about what Live has been working on in the past year? Mastery Changes, Jungle reworks, various rune redos and such. I think the Season 2 changes, on the whole, hit a larger audience and were immensely higher priority than a lot of other things that could have been done.

While it is grating for it to wait long, I do kind of understand why Season 2 Changes and Jungle reworks and projects like that came first - mostly because.. well.. the Season 2 Changes and Jungle Changes were pretty awesome in the end.
Prioritizing distribution of resources is tough when there is always so much to do in such a missive game,but it's understandable. I like the changes implemented, especially the jungle rework.

Karusan

01-31-2012

Really?!?!?!!?!?!

acosn

01-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digitigrade View Post
so what you're saying is we still don't have the stealth rework bc of Morello?

jk

but seriously, who's in charge and why isn't it on priority after a year?
Since Evelynn and Twitch are relatively established characters, and Riot hasn't show a very real inclination toward adding more stealth oriented characters (in the last 10 or 15 champion releases the only characters who come to mind are Vayne, and Wukong, and they only do it briefly) a stealth remake was probably inherently a low priority because it doesn't bring in much money. There's a reason why you saw things like the mastery overhaul (which had been on the "to do" list longer than the stealth overhaul) getting done first, and you see a new hero come out every other week.

Sadly, it makes more sense to focus on one or two major projects at a time rather than simply spreading your resources thin and trying to address a little bit of everything at the same time.

Xypherous

Systems Designer

01-31-2012
6 of 7 Riot Posts

Quote:
Wat. First time I have ever disagreed with a xyph post.
Sure - Are there things you would change about the current jungle? There could still be room for tweaks.

Aki no kitsune

01-31-2012

Xypherous I forgot to ask, does eve get her stun back in this remake, or some reincarnation of it like the hop/dash. I don't have access to the PTR so I don't really know how any of the proposed kits look, but I'm hoping that I'll be able to play Eve and Twitch again with confidence in the characters and the community.

Biggest gripe people have right now if you guys put Twitch and Eve in this position and now the community that play those two characters have to be ridiculed every time the pick them. Regardless of skill cap.

Xypherous

Systems Designer

01-31-2012
7 of 7 Riot Posts

Quote:
does eve get her stun back in this remake
I believe her stun is still attached to her step ability, yes.

Quote:
Masteries and the 'to do' list
...Wow. You're right. That was like two and a half years on the 'to do' list.

Arance

01-31-2012

I understand stealth isn't under your jurisdiction anymore, but speaking about Riot as a whole, this is unfortunately becoming one of your largest embarrassments to those who have been following the remake. (And I really hate saying that, or anything that might discourage you guys from being open about projects you have in progress...) Hopefully the live team reaches a breakthrough on it soon.

Aki no kitsune

01-31-2012

Quote:
Sure - Are there things you would change about the current jungle? There could still be room for tweaks.
Exp gains, I've tried running the jungle with the exp quints/talents combined and I still can't break lvl 3 after doing Blue, wolves and wraiths. Seems to be that the exp gains could be bumped by maybe 5-10% or something.

I just have no idea why I can't break hit lvl 3 with all the exp bonus's after 3 camps. Maybe it's a bug or is that intended?