Hey Xypherous What's going on with the stealth remake

First Riot Post
12345612 ... 15
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ayrennar

Senior Member

01-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
Very Quick Summary Version

Twitch needs work.

Wards needs work.

I'm not actually allowed to work on it with a 10 foot pole after I finished the basic mechanics - and I can't get on live to shepherd the process - so... yeah.

Although, the rework is on PTR at the moment I believe.
ITS ON THE PTR. HOLLLYYYYY SHIIIIIIII-----------------------

my god. GET TO THE CHOPPA PEOPLE


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EasyTiger20

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
Very Quick Summary Version

Twitch needs work.

Wards needs work.

I'm not actually allowed to work on it with a 10 foot pole after I finished the basic mechanics - and I can't get on live to shepherd the process - so... yeah.

Although, the rework is on PTR at the moment I believe.
I dont get it. Why has this been so shelved in light of other stuff. I dont think riot is aware enough that having an entire two champions that people know and love to play being laughable tier is NOT okay.

We love shiny new stuff, we really do. Ziggs looks amazing. But why push out bot game overhauls randomly when weve been clamoring for this for months.

No hate xyph, youre my favorite red, but this is disappointing to read. =/


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xypherous

Systems Designer

01-31-2012
2 of 7 Riot Posts

Quote:
does this mean you are the intellectual property behind all the decisions?
Nope - After I set the basic ruleset and worked with Shu to get Evelynn into a good spot - basically Twitch exploded, Shu left and I took emergency duty on some Champion (Fizz). Now it's in the Live Team's hands - but then they did Season 2, Masteries, Jungle first and right now are trying to solve some support issues.

Ah well.

Quote:
No hate xyph, youre my favorite red, but this is disappointing to read. =/
I share your sentiment - At this point, with all the delays, no matter what is released, people are going to be disappointed. My hands are pretty tied on this. :x


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CloudCarry

Senior Member

01-31-2012

well at least you are a good man xypherous: we have that to look forward to!

and what might you have in store for us in the future?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aki no kitsune

Senior Member

01-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
Very Quick Summary Version

Twitch needs work.

Wards needs work.

I'm not actually allowed to work on it with a 10 foot pole after I finished the basic mechanics - and I can't get on live to shepherd the process - so... yeah.

Although, the rework is on PTR at the moment I believe.
First off thanks so much for the response!!

What is going on with Twitch if you can shed any light. Is his kit going to revert back to the original kit, or is it going to be an updated version of his current kit. Or is it going to change again like you had suggested in a previous thread.

What type of mechanics are going to be in play for Twitch?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EasyTiger20

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
I share your sentiment - At this point, with all the delays, no matter what is released, people are going to be disappointed. My hands are pretty tied on this. :x
And thats why Im not trying to be all whiny about it. I know you guys are working hard, I do not doubt that for one second.

I guess all we can do is hope for good results from the PTR.

EDIT: Any hints on eve? Shes who Im most curious about. Pretty please for someone who got a quad on her a few days ago?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Frank the Golem

Senior Member

01-31-2012

It's threads (and responses) like this which, in my mind, win Xypherous the title of "Rioter Most Deserving of Free Hugs".


Also, notably absent from this summary is any mention of Eve. I'm quite curious as to whether that means "hopeless until wards are fixed," "great things in the works," or something else entirely.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ayrennar

Senior Member

01-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
I share your sentiment - At this point, with all the delays, no matter what is released, people are going to be disappointed. My hands are pretty tied on this. :x

I like the detection concept if thats the one you stuck with. I still wuv u.

While you are hear, whats with the Invoker.

I don't mean to pressure you, just curious if any TL;DR, or if its only in concept. and waht that means


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KoolAidRenegade

Senior Member

01-31-2012

we really appreciate the update xyph, thanks.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xypherous

Systems Designer

01-31-2012
3 of 7 Riot Posts

Quote:

What is going on with Twitch if you can shed any light. Is his kit going to revert back to the original kit, or is it going to be an updated version of his current kit. Or is it going to change again like you had suggested in a previous thread.

What type of mechanics are going to be in play for Twitch?
Honestly, I have no idea - All I know was that the paradigm we tried of Spray and Pray being a basic ability with ammo fell pretty flat.

I could follow up on this but I'm pretty busy at the moment, unfortunately.

Quote:
Also, notably absent from this summary is any mention of Eve.
Surprisingly, everyone is mostly happy with Evelynn, I think, on PTR right now - I could be way off though - I don't have direct access there.


12345612 ... 15