@Riot Ambassador - IP costs

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Whatupdog

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-31-2012

how come the RP price for 6300 and 3150 champions and how they are the same was never mentioned again?

n64bomb

01-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatupdog View Post
how come the RP price for 6300 and 3150 champions and how they are the same was never mentioned again?
Good point.

The Shank

01-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tryndamere View Post
Actually I don't think that us at a company being accountable to our players to deliver consistent and great service is a "corrupt system" at all - I think it's the way things SHOULD be and helps avoid "corruption" because the best way to avoid "corruption" is transparency.

We deserve to be called out when we don't perform - that's one of the ways we can keep getting better and ensure we don't get complacent.
So he was fired?

DeePok

01-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotMontag View Post
I am actively bouncing between the computer and my cat for this very reason.
Aww thats so cute! reminds me of how when my friend is on the computer for too long and his cat jumps up on his keyboard and sticks his tail in my friends face.

Whiteknigh7

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-31-2012

Quote:
Yes, we've thought about it and decided against it.

We don't want to open the door even in the slightest to "selling power" in PvP.
In regards the the selling of runes for RP:

Technically, you've already opened the door to selling power by having champions be available for purchase. It's no argument that a person who has more champions at their disposal is at a better spot when playing any kind of draft game.

Secondarily, the people who spend money on champions can then entirely focus their IP gains on new runes, rather than having to split it between champions and runes. And collecting a minimum of 2 champions for each position in the game, and then a decent rune page for each kind of position, can take a -long- time.

And this isn't even mentioning things like buying additional rune pages, which most definitely gives you a 'bought advantage' over someone who can't have that.

At this point, you may as well let people purchase runes for RP. They can already buy advantages, let them reduce the grind if they want to. If not that, at least reduce the price points for runes. It feels very unfair to have to grind hugely and/or pay for champions, and then grind/split that with runes as well. A price reduction would benefit the playerbase as a whole, let them experiment more rather than worry about a typical runepage, and free up more money for things like skins.

l3aller

01-31-2012

This thread is full of win.

xSeQueL

01-31-2012

I'd rather not have them sell runes for RP. I'd glad they made that decision.

SirValden

01-31-2012

<3 trynd

HooplahMeUp

01-31-2012

this thread makes me feel fuzzy.

Morello

Lead Designer

01-31-2012
39 of 39 Riot Posts

Quote:
QFT

People aren't required to stay, they stay because they care and want to do a good job for you all.
We have to remind people to go home more often than not. Though I think that's the right problem to have - I'd rather remind people to relax than to work hard