"urgot is not viable in ranked play..."

First Riot Post
1234567 ... 10
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zero000x000

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-31-2012

Who said Urgot was unviable?

The Captn Korea

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-31-2012

Urgot has been played bot lane in many tournaments before M5. Right after season 1 ended I remember seeing him almost every game bot at IEMs.

Epjest

01-31-2012

Urgot went Triple Dorans, Glacial Shroud, Guardian Angel, Brutalizer, Trinity Force.

In that order. Forgot which boots he bought, think it was Ninja Tabi.

This was why it was weird, not that he was played.

Vladdypoo

01-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niceguydan8 View Post
i believe the build was merc treads, brutalizer, a couple/few dorans blades, frozen heart, GA.

So really not that similar. their urgot barely had any damage.

Once again, not urgot. It was shyvana.
I really think anything without tear is suboptimal but with the right support you could make no tear work... but that is actually a very very similar build... the reason I build bloodthirster is the same reason he build dorans... for sustain... the main thing that is core is frozen heart/GA/brutalizer, which I build every time I play urgot

Morphio

Recruiter

01-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreXxiN View Post
Well two things: I've never heard someone call Urgot not viable. Like I'm not exaggerating, never. And second, this seems like a arbitrary brag thread being that you added your win rate.
today my team cry when i pick urgot (all of them) and cry like 15 mins on the game.... then i do a triple kill, and they shut up. but was like a fxxxing hell read them... almost ignore 4

Guts0

01-31-2012

urgot got carried so ****ing hard rofl

Vladdypoo

01-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphio View Post
today my team cry when i pick urgot (all of them) and cry like 15 mins on the game.... then i do a triple kill, and they shut up. but was like a fxxxing hell read them... almost ignore 4
this is my point and my point of making this thread... people need to realize there are champions besides graves sivir cait/ insert whoever everyone thinks is OP at the moment

Zileas

VP of Game Design

01-31-2012
1 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladdypoo View Post
"Urgot is not viable" "Urgot is not a bot lane champion"

M5 proving people wrong again... and proving that I wasn't crazy taking urgot bot lane and having 81% win rate with her

EDIT: This is not an "arbitrary brag thread". I just want people to stop complaining when I want to take urgot bot lane... it is good, you don't know how to play him-her/haven't played a good one if you don't think so
There's a fair amount of this. One thing we are seeing more of with so many people playing LoL worldwide is more cases where a champion like Urgot is found to be a plausible tier 1 pick in one area of the world, while no one else has caught on. Sometimes this is because the metagame slightly favors one character over another in an area, other times its' because no expert ever fell in love with the character and tried to master them.

Urgot is probably an example of one of those. I tend to think he's balanced, and not OP, but it's really hard to know until the experts kick the tires for a while. I seem to recall that Urgot was popular amongst some pros in one of the Asian environments a month or two ago, but I could be mistaken.

Healcannon

01-31-2012

wanna know what makes him viable? global taunt and inability to understand how his slow works

The Roman Empire

01-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladdypoo View Post
"Urgot is not viable" "Urgot is not a bot lane champion"

M5 proving people wrong again... and proving that I wasn't crazy taking urgot bot lane and having 81% win rate with her

EDIT: This is not an "arbitrary brag thread". I just want people to stop complaining when I want to take urgot bot lane... it is good, you don't know how to play him-her/haven't played a good one if you don't think so

EDIT2: Urgot can be a guy or a girl... the proper pronoun I believe would be "it", but I like to call it a "her" because she's like my twisted little baby.
Stop pretending like tournament play and solo queue are similar at all.

1234567 ... 10