Remember when IP price tiers were supposed to = Difficulty/Learning Curve?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Silent Reaper

01-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
I mean, watch any Chinese high elo stream or tournament. He's everywhere there.

This is key - conventional wisdom is often proven wrong (a lot of the old EU meta transferred to NA after a major tournament), especially when other regions are showing the power of different characters. It's easy for people to assume the entire balance is only based on what's working or flavorful now, but there's surprises regularly that shake things up.

Ezreal's somewhere in there for NA - he's not worse than AD carries, he offers better skirmish and harass than other carries.
I want a link, I want something that proves "Ezreal is an amazing champion"

I want some hard evidence or *proof*
Not you rambling on saying how he's good in China. (I'm not trying to insult you)

Where am I suppose to find Chinese High Elo streams? Where can I see these tournaments? Do you expect any of us to have a single clue on how to find them using an American Google with english words?

Pwns4free

01-31-2012

Quote:
Sorry, I don't have anything meaningful to contribute on the pricing stuff. Not really my area of expertise.
He is a nerf master not a price master

StretchyStretch

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-31-2012

Quote:
Sorry, I don't have anything meaningful to contribute on the pricing stuff. Not really my area of expertise.
Cool, another red ignoring the IP question. Sorry Morello, but it really has never been fully addressed. Yea president Trynd made a comment recently but even that didn't really provide any insight as to why champs are all 6300 now, or if you are still following the old formula. All he said was you might, maybe, kinda, one day make a champ that's cheaper than 6300, maybe.

After all the people asking over and over, no one has explained how you are pricing champions, or even if you are just going to charge 6300 forever, or why they have all been 6300 for a very long time. Can someone just give us a straight answer?

Demonic Zach

01-31-2012

Quote:
Top tier in China consistently. He's not bad, at all.
This isn't China.

Morello

Lead Designer

01-31-2012
4 of 7 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Reaper View Post
I want a link, I want something that proves "Ezreal is an amazing champion"

I want some hard evidence or *proof*
Not you rambling on saying how he's good in China. (I'm not trying to insult you)
I'm fine if no one in NA catches on to this. If nothing, there's been nothing but a pattern of regions dismissing other metas and then adopting them, acting like its always been theirs

When China and the US match up again, you're likely to see Ezreal there. This is usually how it goes.

a tiny ant

01-31-2012

Quote:
Top tier in China consistently. He's not bad, at all.
People keep telling me this, but I have yet to see one replay of an Ezreal completely dominating at high Elo/tournament level.
What makes him so good there? Do they put him in a solo lane? Do they build BT/Triforce on him?

Aydn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-31-2012

They are 6300 because more than half of this community hasn't spent a single dollar on this game.

They need a carrot to chase, and Riot needs to keep the lights on.

VanillaBearr

01-31-2012

Quote:
I'm fine if no one in NA catches on to this. If nothing, there's been nothing but a pattern of regions dismissing other metas and then adopting them, acting like its always been theirs

When China and the US match up again, you're likely to see Ezreal there. This is usually how it goes.
Ok.

Morello

Lead Designer

01-31-2012
5 of 7 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonic Zach View Post
This isn't China.
That fills me with confidence that your feedback wouldn't only be self-interested!

Silent Reaper

01-31-2012

Quote:

Morello thanks for the reply I appreciate it.
Funny thing, I was trying to speak on the behalf of all the mid Elo players. I already know Ezreal is good (I got up to 1780 Elo with him). I just feel like his kite feels unwholesome or something...