Character switch

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

2Quick4you

Junior Member

01-30-2012

how do you switch character in solo q?or a regular match?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MorderX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-30-2012

I'm not too sure of your question.

If you locked in, it is impossible to change character for the match.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

202halffound

Senior Member

01-30-2012

Just click on another character icon in champion select...?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Burbinator

Senior Member

01-30-2012

Only possible in draft mode, if both of you own the champion (including frees) then once everyone has locked in (on both teams) you can click on an arrow next to their name to request a switch of champions (they must accept).


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Son Golin

Player Support Technical Lead

01-30-2012
1 of 1 Riot Posts

It sounds like you might be talking about champion swapping? If so, it's fairly easy.

First, you and one of your teammates must both have the champions you want to switch; so let's say you and another teammate want to switch Blitzcrank and Brand before champion selection is over, both of you must own both Blitzcrank and Brand even if you just want Brand and he just wants Blitzcrank.

Afterwards, when both teams have locked in, there will be an arrow next to the teammates which you can swap with--remember, you have to both own the champions for this arrow to appear. Now either you or your teammate clicks the arrow and a confirmation message will pop up and prompt you to accept the swap or deny it.

Lastly, this can only be done in Draft Mode (Regular or Matched) because Blind Pick has no "turns" to pick champions.

I've attached a picture in case I wasn't able to properly detail the steps in swapping champions:
Attachment 372886


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Karn Bishop

Senior Member

01-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son Golin View Post
It sounds like you might be talking about champion swapping? If so, it's fairly easy.

First, you and one of your teammates must both have the champions you want to switch; so let's say you and another teammate want to switch Blitzcrank and Brand before champion selection is over, both of you must own both Blitzcrank and Brand even if you just want Brand and he just wants Blitzcrank.

Afterwards, when both teams have locked in, there will be an arrow next to the teammates which you can swap with--remember, you have to both own the champions for this arrow to appear. Now either you or your teammate clicks the arrow and a confirmation message will pop up and prompt you to accept the swap or deny it.

Lastly, this can only be done in Draft Mode (Regular or Matched) because Blind Pick has no "turns" to pick champions.

I've attached a picture in case I wasn't able to properly detail the steps in swapping champions:
Attachment 372886
So question is it possible to get an update that shows us what champions A ally has? its frustrating when i see the trade option but can't trade a champion because that person doesn't own it.

Which come to think of it is silly, the button should only show up if BOTH players own said champion to clear confusion at the very least if such a feature as mentioned above is not provided?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Everspace

Senior Member

01-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karn Bishop View Post
So question is it possible to get an update that shows us what champions A ally has? its frustrating when i see the trade option but can't trade a champion because that person doesn't own it.

Which come to think of it is silly, the button should only show up if BOTH players own said champion to clear confusion at the very least if such a feature as mentioned above is not provided?
All parties involved must own the champion to swap and the icon to appear in the first place.

I can't swap people with Nasus/Anivia/Malzahar ect.

If you can click the button you can swap.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Karn Bishop

Senior Member

01-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everspace View Post
All parties involved must own the champion to swap and the icon to appear in the first place.

I can't swap people with Nasus/Anivia/Malzahar ect.

If you can click the button you can swap.
Have you tried it recently? The icon for trading shows up if you own the champion THEY are playing, the game doesn't check if they can play the champion you picked, I.E if you click trade n they don't own your champ you get an error message but the trade option DOES show up regardless of your allys ownership status.