Would You Enjoy Champion Markers?

Yes 26 76.47%
No 8 23.53%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Champion Selection Markers

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Timelord Keatz

01-28-2012

Having trouble selecting my desired champion due to their being so many i decided to post a thread; Discussing possible "Markers" that could be placed on your favorite Champion/Champions.

My suggestion would be a Simple "Right Click" on an Owned Champion's Portrait in the Summoner Profile on the Champion Tab to place a highlighted barrier around it ensure that it appears during champion selection also.

Perhaps also if a Champion is "Banned/Selected" it should make the highlighted portrait become obvious such as making it glow red or such.

Me Hoping that Champion Marks become implemented

boourns

UI Designer

01-30-2012
1 of 2 Riot Posts

I'd prefer to just show champion names in champ select, it sounds like the problem is that you find it hard to pick out the portrait of the champion you want which is not surprising considering how many there are.

Dreamscribe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by boourns View Post
I'd prefer to just show champion names in champ select, it sounds like the problem is that you find it hard to pick out the portrait of the champion you want which is not surprising considering how many there are.
Yes.

And the sooner this change happens, the better! When even Phreak is flummoxed by the number of Champions (happened on his stream yesterday), you know tons of people have the problem.

Felfire

01-30-2012

How about let us add more tabs where the Champions and Skins buttons are, like a Favorites, and Bans list.

exe3

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-30-2012

Just the champion names? That'd look horrible. Give an option where you can control the size of the portraits like you can with files and folders in Windows.

Dreamscribe

01-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by exe3 View Post
Just the champion names? That'd look horrible. Give an option where you can control the size of the portraits like you can with files and folders in Windows.
I think the idea was something like this.

Obviously, it'd be far better quality than throwing something together in MS Paint.

YurdleTheTurtle

01-30-2012

There is a search function in the champion select screen however - you can type in whatever and it'll filter the champions by that. It helps out greatly if you're seeking a certain champion, although if you're trying to look at multiple champions for whatever reason, then yeah, memorizing portraits is the only way to go.

A small name under the portraits would be nice though.

krisam

01-31-2012

how about reordering the portraits. i think the idea of a marker is good, but it wopuld be a waste os space. so, u could put a champion in favorites and in champion selection it would as the firsts campions u see

krisam

01-31-2012

how about this. i think this is a good idea, but i wouldnt use some red mark, cuz it would be a waste of space. what about having the champions reordered. if u select a champion as favorite, it will go at the beginning of the campions, instead of the first alphabetical campion u have.

boourns

UI Designer

01-31-2012
2 of 2 Riot Posts

I would definitely consider some kind of favorites or more commonly played, but I think adding names to the icons in champion select will help more with the larger problem of not knowing what icons = what champions and trying to browse for the one you want. The favorites is something that is less impactful for everyone so we would add the names first I think.