Hold ground key.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hoogaloo

01-23-2012

I think the "Hold ground key" should make it that your character doesn't auto attack no matter what. Currently when you press it your character stops auto attacking but if you start attacking again, your auto attack is re-enabled. This change shouldn't stop skills or anything like that though. This would make last-hitting a lot easier imo. Also, if people don't want this then they can just disable the key binding.

(I'm not sure if this is the right section.)

DigitalMan

01-27-2012

I would love something like this - though, I think "stand right there" may suffice, with the champion still able to auto-attack anything within range. All too often, an enemy champion just happens to be the next closest target, and seconds later my champion is walking right into turret fire. And I'm not always aware they've gone so far astray...

boourns

UI Designer

01-30-2012
1 of 2 Riot Posts

I think the ` key next to '1' does what you're asking?

KaXaSA

01-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by boourns View Post
what @_@ we can toggle auto-attack now? we don't need to use 's' (stop) anymore? o_o

USnip

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-30-2012

Quote:
whattttttttttt

USnip

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-30-2012

Quote:
Ok, I can confirm nothing in the keybindings menu does what he described, I went through all the ones that seemed even vaguely related.

The OP is basically asking for an option where the default behaviour for your character when in range of a creep or enemy hero is for him to do nothing, rather than the current behaviour which is to autoattack it. Also normally once you right click a target, your character will keep attacking and following that target until it dies or you lose vision, then afterwards your character will reaggro onto another close target. The OP would like your character not to automatically reaggro.

Also, unrelated note, you guys seriously need to have Show Health Bars, Toggle Minion Health Bars and Show Summoner Names unbound by default. Every time I play with a new player they end up turning their **** off and are confused and I have to explain to them how to revert it.

Kalafai

01-30-2012

Way to frontload that control information, eh? "Let's make a tutorial!" How about a quickstart guide with keys and terms listed?

boourns

UI Designer

01-31-2012
2 of 2 Riot Posts

Ugh, you're telling me. It took far too long for me to know what toggle minion health bars what doing when I hit it by accident.

We definitely want to make the new player experience better than it is right now. It's already quite an improvement from the early days, but we can do better at getting people into the game and on their way to mastering it.

Karn Bishop

01-31-2012

Quote:
Ugh, you're telling me. It took far too long for me to know what toggle minion health bars what doing when I hit it by accident.

We definitely want to make the new player experience better than it is right now. It's already quite an improvement from the early days, but we can do better at getting people into the game and on their way to mastering it.
O.o theres a button that toggles the hp bar?

Fòx

01-31-2012

There are a lot of things, such as minion health bars, that imo shouldn't be a button on your keyboard, but a checkbox in the settings.