Rune Gold Effectiveness

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

smokey5430

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-19-2010

I was bored, so I calculated this incase anyone else was wondering just how much gold your rune pages save you

Notes:
The item(s) in quotes is what I based my price on.
I only did runes that can make a full page.
I didn't do Crit Dammage or Cooldown Reduction because their value cannot be calculated.
I rounded in most cases.

Crit = 20% = 978g (Cloak of Agility)
Attack speed = 38% = 998 (Recurve bow)
AP Flat = 33 = 708g (Amplifying tomb)
AP / level 18 = 88 = 1742g (Needlessly Large rod x1 + Amp Tomb x1)
Armor Flat = 40 = 622g (Chain vest)
Magic Resist Flat = 30? = 458g (Negatron Cloak, Math might be wrong)
Magic Res / level 18 = 72 = 1110g (Negatron Cloak)
Flat HP = 200 = 475g (Ruby Crystal)
HP / level 18 = 496 =1280g (Giant's Belt)
Mana Flat = 329 = 658g (Saphire Crystal)
Mana / level 18 = 835 = 1669g (Saphire Crystal)
Mana regen Flat = 13 = 750g (Maki pendant x1 + Faerie Charm x2)

DamnPandaHands

07-19-2010

hmm

mastercheater500

07-19-2010

so?

Sezyrrith

07-19-2010

It basically shows you how to be more efficient - if you're going to stack runes of a specific type (which is the idea of course) you can find which ones give a better return.
Basically, if you are running a champ where you plan to stack AP and some Mana Regen, you can look at the chart here and see that AP/level is a far better return on runes vs. items, so get mp5 items instead of using runes for it.

Yurixy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-19-2010

interesting table

Icenix

07-19-2010

But you have to also consider that early game mp5 would be a lot more important than AP because you would be able to start without a meki pendant and still have good mana regen. This gives you room to get boots while having good mana regen. It's AP runes/meki pendant or AP runes/ boots or MP5/boots and for me I feel that MP5/boots are better

Guinsoo

Recruiter

07-19-2010
1 of 2 Riot Posts

Try using Glacial Shroud for cooldown and Infinity Edge for critical damage calculations. Should be doable.

I'm not sure exactly what this is supposed to represent. Our internal spreadsheets use "gold per point" as a value. Is what you listed the value of a full rune book?

killsteel

07-19-2010

Considering a Stinger gives 10%cdr for 90gold, it would be broken to put a rune price on it. Also, OP, why didn't you just consistently use the better value base items like Giant's Belt and BFwand instead of using a Ruby Crystal and Amp Tome?

Talamare

07-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinsoo View Post
Try using Glacial Shroud for cooldown and Infinity Edge for critical damage calculations. Should be doable.

I'm not sure exactly what this is supposed to represent. Our internal spreadsheets use "gold per point" as a value. Is what you listed the value of a full rune book?
Can we see your internal sheet?

Phreak

Senior Recruiter

07-19-2010
2 of 2 Riot Posts

You should re-do these per-stat as equivalents to the ~400g items (long sword, dagger, etc). Always do it in terms of the 400g items. Anything else is inconsistent.