Goshg, The Deep Dweller; Yeah or boo?

THE DEEP BECKONS! 250 46.90%
Water support? My body is ready. 138 25.89%
Meh. : / 43 8.07%
Fizz is cuter. :V 62 11.63%
The mighty shark stalks his prey. >:3 40 7.50%
Voters: 533. You may not vote on this poll

Goshg, The Deep Dweller

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

evawin

Senior Member

01-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
Generally, I'm not a Lore guy in details. I go for distinct themes and impressions rather than straight story a lot of the time. I'm too focused on symbols and interpretations. :x

This is one of the things that testing would reveal/timing. My initial suspicions are that you don't need a Deep Charge every X spellcasts - that the simple timing/cooldown game would be enough. Since a lot of his CC depends on having a Deep Charge effect, that alone might curb the frustration of CC in lane.

At first glance, this doesn't seem to be a whole lot more CC than Alistar or Blitzcrank and it has additional restrictions - unsure - one is a delayed AoE and one requires a melee attack - and CC lengths are dependent on having deep charges - Doesn't seem that out of line to me.

He looks like he could fit kind of well in as a support + CC'er bot lane, like Taric, but with a much less guaranteed stun but decent peel abilities. Seems like he'd be okay. He's kind of a like a Blitzcrank with a heal in terms of what he'd do down there.
I'm so happy... ;_;

Oh, and for off the record; theme song?

I'm thinking Holy Diver by Dio. >:3


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Stez007

Senior Member

01-28-2012

Just had a thought for his ultimate.

Instead of adding damage, add a PBAoE knockback in the following way. Goshg emanates a tidal wave from himself that decreases in size as it gets further from him, dissipating completely at a certain range. The wave is at its highest in melee range of Goshg. Enemy champions hit by the wave are knocked back a distance inversely proportional to their distance from Goshg; so, a champion in melee range will be knocked back a far distance, while champions at the very edge will only barely be moved.

As its a channeled knockback, it will be difficult to use mid-fight and so the less skilled Goshg player would want to pre-cast it for best effect. However, more skilled players would try to position themselves so that the knockback would help peel melee DPS off of the carries/make gap-closing behind him very dangerous.

And great work, by the way. I'd definitely buy this champ, and I'm not a support player!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

evawin

Senior Member

01-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stez007 View Post
Just had a thought for his ultimate.

Instead of adding damage, add a PBAoE knockback in the following way. Goshg emanates a tidal wave from himself that decreases in size as it gets further from him, dissipating completely at a certain range. The wave is at its highest in melee range of Goshg. Enemy champions hit by the wave are knocked back a distance inversely proportional to their distance from Goshg; so, a champion in melee range will be knocked back a far distance, while champions at the very edge will only barely be moved.

As its a channeled knockback, it will be difficult to use mid-fight and so the less skilled Goshg player would want to pre-cast it for best effect. However, more skilled players would try to position themselves so that the knockback would help peel melee DPS off of the carries/make gap-closing behind him very dangerous.

And great work, by the way. I'd definitely buy this champ, and I'm not a support player!
I like you. :3


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

evawin

Senior Member

01-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
Generally, I'm not a Lore guy in details. I go for distinct themes and impressions rather than straight story a lot of the time. I'm too focused on symbols and interpretations. :x

This is one of the things that testing would reveal/timing. My initial suspicions are that you don't need a Deep Charge every X spellcasts - that the simple timing/cooldown game would be enough. Since a lot of his CC depends on having a Deep Charge effect, that alone might curb the frustration of CC in lane.

At first glance, this doesn't seem to be a whole lot more CC than Alistar or Blitzcrank and it has additional restrictions - unsure - one is a delayed AoE and one requires a melee attack - and CC lengths are dependent on having deep charges - Doesn't seem that out of line to me.

He looks like he could fit kind of well in as a support + CC'er bot lane, like Taric, but with a much less guaranteed stun but decent peel abilities. Seems like he'd be okay. He's kind of a like a Blitzcrank with a heal in terms of what he'd do down there.
It also just occurred to me that you were the one who made with Fizz with FeralPony. I know you just said that you aren't much of a lore guy, but do you think Goshg's background is in acceptable relations to Fizz? <:3c


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

srsizzy

Senior Member

01-29-2012

Gotta agree with Xyph, this is a really solid idea.

However, the ult is very underwhelming, I'd give it some sort of steroid or aura effect as well. That, or reduce it's cooldown by a lot. 100 seconds is really long for just giving one extra spell effect. Talon gets to turn invisible and AoE everyone more often than that, and Lux gets the best AoE in the game far more often.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

evawin

Senior Member

01-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by srsizzy View Post
Gotta agree with Xyph, this is a really solid idea.

However, the ult is very underwhelming, I'd give it some sort of steroid or aura effect as well. That, or reduce it's cooldown by a lot. 100 seconds is really long for just giving one extra spell effect. Talon gets to turn invisible and AoE everyone more often than that, and Lux gets the best AoE in the game far more often.
I'm afraid he'd be OP if I gave him more than that; his current kit is already amazing as is. If I did give his ult either an aura/damage, then I'd have to get rid of the "every few spells cast gets an extra Deep Charge" clause in favor of Karma's system. : (


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

evawin

Senior Member

01-29-2012

Though Xypherous graced his presence in the thread, I am still looking for feedback on any changes I make. Be sure to check the log to see what you think. Also, I hope you all enjoy the art. ;D


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zakur the Bright

Senior Member

01-30-2012

I just wanna say congrats! Riot not only looked at your idea, they commented on it! You are a pretty lucky guy.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Stexe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

01-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
So... you took Karma, solved both of her core essential problems (How do I give her an ultimate and how do I not feel bad using my Q to heal people) and wrote incredibly thematic abilities that make intuitive sense.

That's pretty awesome - not gonna lie.
I completely agree. Love the idea! I had a similar idea with charges, but I didn't think about having the skill used again to consume them (thus letting you choose when to expend it).

Really love the concept. I'm working on writing up a remake of Karma with this idea as I type this. Cool stuff!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

evawin

Senior Member

01-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by stexe View Post
i completely agree. Love the idea! I had a similar idea with charges, but i didn't think about having the skill used again to consume them (thus letting you choose when to expend it).

Really love the concept. I'm working on writing up a remake of karma with this idea as i type this. Cool stuff!


Though Xeph said he wasn't much of a lore man, what do you think? If anything (for me, anyway), lore is just as important as any interaction or ability. :3c