Ziggs, the Hexplosives Expert Revealed

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OOM Piltover B

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-27-2012

I love him as a champ, the concept I mean, but I find his kit to be boring.

team danny

01-27-2012

So this champ is a mix of Jarv's old passive Gargas barrel roll and mini gargas ult and teemo shrooms.

Morello

Lead Designer

01-27-2012
3 of 8 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by team danny View Post
So this champ is a mix of Jarv's old passive Gargas barrel roll and mini gargas ult and teemo shrooms.
I want to point this out really fast;

In our effort to deliver on your guys' feedback of what you want out of champions, we'll have to meet half-way on how this goes out. Paper kits for all but the most out-there champions (Orianna, for example) will never read as different on paper - the devil's in the details on these types of things, and Ziggs is a great example of this. I could easily say Phantom Lancer's ult is just Shaco's with different numbers (and the comparison would be similar to "Satchel Charge is Gragas Q and R"), but we could all agree that would be a gross oversimplification of how different and cool both skills are.

If you're a bit skeptical on the immediate launch, I highly encourage people to try him on the free week and see for yourself. We're doing a lot to deliver on depth and unique experiences (not the same as always unique individual abilities), and we want you guys to see the difference in-game, first-hand.

Drolk

01-27-2012

Did anyone else think of these guys when they saw the screen shots?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_AdxJWFUh4

xSilverCrown

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-27-2012

Such a cute little guy. It's like Teemo's bad brother lol

The Omega Point

01-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
The key to keeping the fun and interesting thing intact is that we built him with distinct weaknesses - for example, no mage-style champion has this little CC and no reliable nuking method. This will let us keep other things that are fun and powerful, but counter-balanced by his shortcomings. We want to do this on all our new champions from now on.
MMkay, so from now on your designing champs with in-built, purposeful weaknesses and in exchange giving them some sort of counterbalance, whether that is heavy damage, long range, reliable CC, etc. I totally agree with this. This is how champion design should be done.Strengths and weaknesses should be observable and sufficient. But...

What about the 100 or so already made champions that don't have such obvious and glaring trade-offs in exchange for their current levels of damage, utility, tankiness, sustain, CC, etc.?

If the design team is raising this pennant as the future of champion design, the live balance team has to make it a priority to rebalance older champs to fit the new paradigm, or else we'll constantly see new champs shelved in favor of the Ahri's, the Sivir's, the Soraka's, the Sona's, the Lee Sin's, etc.

xSilverCrown

Recruiter

01-27-2012

Quote:

In our effort to deliver on your guys' feedback of what you want out of champions, we'll have to meet half-way on how this goes out. Paper kits for all but the most out-there champions (Orianna, for example) will never read as different on paper - the devil's in the details on these types of things, and Ziggs is a great example of this. I could easily say Phantom Lancer's ult is just Shaco's with different numbers (and the comparison would be similar to "Satchel Charge is Gragas Q and R"), but we could all agree that would be a gross oversimplification of how different and cool both skills are.

If you're a bit skeptical on the immediate launch, I highly encourage people to try him on the free week and see for yourself. We're doing a lot to deliver on depth and unique experiences (not the same as always unique individual abilities), and we want you guys to see the difference in-game, first-hand.
Ok, just wanted to clear a thing out... The lag introduced to the game this week. Is it to separate the GOOD LoL players, from the GREAT LoL players? Or you guys are going to fix it next patch?

Morello

Lead Designer

01-27-2012
4 of 8 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuinthev View Post
MMkay, so from now on your designing champs with in-built, purposeful weaknesses and in exchange giving them some sort of counterbalance, whether that is heavy damage, long range, reliable CC, etc. I totally agree with this. This is how champion design should be done.Strengths and weaknesses should be observable and sufficient. But...

What about the 100 or so already made champions that don't have such obvious and glaring trade-offs in exchange for their current levels of damage, utility, tankiness, sustain, CC, etc.?

If the design team is raising this pennant as the future of champion design, the live balance team has to make it a priority to rebalance older champs to fit the new paradigm, or else we'll constantly see new champs shelved in favor of the Ahri's, the Sivir's, the Soraka's, the Sona's, the Lee Sin's, etc.
That's the idea, though this is a slower burn because you don't want to flip the game on on its head in a single patch. Slowly, characters who are too flat will likely get a mechanic or stat removed and then a buff on their powerful aspect (or, if they're too powerful, just a nerf). An example would be removing some of the mechanical overload on Nocturne's basic abilities, but giving him more damage or more power on his ult instead.

Laogrith

01-27-2012

Quote:

I think its easy for people to want to drop a character into a category and say all [blank] do [blank] and all you need is this item or that. What keeps this game interesting is the scaling and how each skill affects each other. I'm also glad Morello brought up Orianna, a character who very much was played like any other ap carry despite her very supportive characteristics. I actually like playing her more from the retool than I ever did before. Ziggs, from an outside appearance seems that way as well. Probably going to have a lot of players trying the same old builds and have less luck than the players who like to experiment.
Sorry this post is so long

Holypulse

01-27-2012

Hello Riot team and other fellow summoners! I am Holypulse and I have a few ideas on Ziggs, The Hexplosives Guy

First of all, Adding a Techies-Like character into LoL was a brilliant idea, because our map is the most improved one in terms of run ways and ganking potential when compared to other RTS's, it would be great to mine it up, unlike teemo, faster than teemo, and more damaging than teemo. I can see that Ziggs would be a meta changer to the LoL and I dont know how but maybe ziggs can go bot and roam the river while giving the solo xp alongside with constant support and harras with his abilities.Who knows , (AD Kennen wins IEM, lot can happen in LoL community.! )

But, I have my doubts on its W skill. I mean, I am going to throw it somewhere, it will deal damage and knock people back? Well, this closes the spot for Gragas I mean why would you implement a unique ability which was ulti to a champion as a normal skill?? And also his E skill, if the mines are staying till somebody comes, and it has no dissapear time I am ok, but if not, we would be wasting a new champion just like a regular nuker like brand or annie, which wont make difference in LoL,,

Blasting your allies,hanging them on a spear,fearing them to death and you just thought u were safe, deathsinging you to death....
Greetings, Holypulse