Rise of the Bot Army: Expanded Co-op vs. AI

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Giant Gnome

01-25-2012

Would be cool if the bots randomized through their skins as well o.o that way we could get to see how the skins would look ingame

Meshog

01-25-2012

Will all these bots also apply to custom games or only co op ai?

Yakaru

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Software Engineer

01-25-2012
43 of 44 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvolilovE View Post
*sigh*

"...IF we add harder difficulties)"

why couldn't you say WHEN we add harder difficulties? lol

must not let hope gets too high...
I say that mostly because 'you never know' what will happen. If there's something else our team could work on that is in higher demand then we'll work on that instead. It's always a question of how to best use our resources -- that's why our team with AI expertise did new bots and other teams are doing things like new champions (Hexplosive Time!), stealth, items, and "Things I Can't Talk About" (TM).
I'll say this though: if the new bots are a big success and lots of people playing them want harder bots then it is very likely you will see those harder bots come out

Velcro Raptor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-25-2012

Awesome patch! Can't wait to get my butt kicked with my friends by new bots.

My only minor gripe with bots is how instantly they can react to most situations. Much faster then any player in most cases. Just due to being run by computers and all. Would be nice if it would vary a bit from time to time.

I can see it being very hard to program how fast an Ai reacts without gimping it however. In the end it makes you a better player if they react instantly. Just does not make it feel as authentic.

One question though, will bots with long range skills be able to target you through the fog of war? As they are now they always know where you are. More so will fog of war affect bots now? (Possibly more if it did before)

Moryl Gamulyne

01-25-2012

Any chance of you guys lifting/increasing the 180 minute daily limit on AI games?

Velcro Raptor

01-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moryl Gamulyne View Post
Any chance of you guys lifting/increasing the 180 minute daily limit on AI games?
With the changes, I would LOVE to see this.

Yakaru

Senior Software Engineer

01-25-2012
44 of 44 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velcro Raptor View Post
Awesome patch! Can't wait to get my butt kicked with my friends by new bots.

My only minor gripe with bots is how instantly they can react to most situations. Much faster then any player in most cases. Just due to being run by computers and all. Would be nice if it would vary a bit from time to time.

I can see it being very hard to program how fast an Ai reacts without gimping it however. In the end it makes you a better player if they react instantly. Just does not make it feel as authentic.

One question though, will bots with long range skills be able to target you through the fog of war? As they are now they always know where you are. More so will fog of war affect bots now? (Possibly more if it did before)
Just as a reminder (I don't want people to say we misled!) we did try to keep the overall skill level the same as it currently is, it's more "they do dumb not-human-like things less" than "they will trounce you"

The bots do react quite quickly -- it's part of what makes Cassiopeia such a threat -- but we do build in a certain amount of delays and mistakes based on skill level.

Bots should obey fog of war in the general case, but they do make estimates as players juke especially with skill shots. If you duck around a corner in dominion don't be surprised if a skill shot gets thrown over the wall

Velcro Raptor

01-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotYakaru View Post
Just as a reminder (I don't want people to say we misled!) we did try to keep the overall skill level the same as it currently is, it's more "they do dumb not-human-like things less" than "they will trounce you"

The bots do react quite quickly -- it's part of what makes Cassiopeia such a threat -- but we do build in a certain amount of delays and mistakes based on skill level.

Bots should obey fog of war in the general case, but they do make estimates as players juke especially with skill shots. If you duck around a corner in dominion don't be surprised if a skill shot gets thrown over the wall
Awesome! Now I'm even more excited.

Thanks for the fast reply!

Enteros

01-25-2012

These bots will be better than some players...

Blue3345

01-25-2012

What about skill shot dodging? Will they try to dodge a skill shot thrown at them? I think it'd help with learning skill shots however on the other hand it'd annoy me to miss a skill shot six times in a row. So perhaps have it to some extent?