Carrying a Game

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ill Mystic Ill

01-24-2012

I've noticed that the last few times i've played the more well-rounded team kills wise wins. For example Me and my team had 49 kills and each of us were a few kills above even... The other team had only 29 but their Pantheon was wrecking us every time... He had 14 kills. There have been other games where one person carries the team but the other team wins even though all of them are close to or under and even kill-death. is this always the case?

P.S. I realize that we had more kills than their team, but this is a bad example.

Riot Ambassador

Riot Games Ambassador

01-24-2012
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Not always, but generally speaking it is nice to have your entire team up to par on tankyness, attack and movement. While someone may be quite fed and that would be a champion to avoid, that leaves four champions that you feel completely comfortable initiating on when the other team must wait for that one fed person to make the right move.

-RyuTres

Quick Rawr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-24-2012

All you guys would need to do is focus down their 1 fed champion at the beginning of the fight, or when he/she joins the fight immediately shift your focus, and burn them down in seconds (wasting your abilities on them for sure). Once they're gone, it's simple clean up.

Realize that a kill ~15 CS, so that makes a big difference as well. If they had a roamer that finished off every kill in a gank, but their laner got quite a few CS during that death then they didn't really miss out on the kill since they got an assist AND cs farm. Pay attention to both!

Ill Mystic Ill

01-24-2012

Well another factor was that panth was like 10/1 until we started teamfighting a lot then somehow our corki ended up with 450 cs and 20ish kills, it seems like he was picking up more than his fair share mid game when I was still contributing most of the damage, is it really a skill you need to be able to last hit champs in teamfights?

Quick Rawr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-24-2012

Corki has higher spam output at a point later in the game with his Ult so he can pick off peeps decently easy if built for that. There is not a 'skill' to last hitting champs in teamfights, and if Corki truly was doing that then he was holding back in the teamfights and not having the necessary damage output as your AD carry to help win the fight which would explain the easy losses beyond lack of coordination. You should almost never hold back damage to try and get a last hit if you can kill them faster by not doing that. (unless saving an ult for later if it's 3v1 and a sure kill etc)

Ill Mystic Ill

01-24-2012

It was normals and we went full yordles, we had 3 AD carries (teemo, corki, and poppy built ad) I was one of our APs (as Morgana, I ruined the Comp.) He just went from 1/0 to like 20/1 in a matter of 20 minutes it seemed. I was 4/1 when we started fighting quite often.

Quick Rawr

01-24-2012

Morgana has more utility in a team fight with her bind, slow blind, shield, and dot puddle. Corki is an AD carry that has constant damage output. If you are playing your role well as an AP damage interrupter and locking down their AD champs and shielding your own, then I would imagine that he would get a lot more kills and that you would have a hefty amount of assists. After early game Morgana doesn't dominate in the kill sector