Help thread for players, answer by 1800s.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

S B

01-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExecutionerKen View Post
I don't know too much about jungle Alistar, but from my experience, some Alistar will go with philo stone, HoG and rush shurelya, using the speed advantage to gank and HoG to provide some higher eHP, but that is before the jungle rework.

I think jungler alistar is not going to be effective no matter how you build him, especially due to the fact that he can't counter jungle like Lee or Shaco, nor he can clear camps fast enough like Skarner or Udyr.

Hell, even Maokai have better ganks and damage compare to Alistar, not to mention that his ult benefit the whole team, and he clear camps faster with his skills.

Alistar is much more useful at bottom lane as a support for the early game bush and crowd control advantage.
I have 2 main junglers who I'm comfortable with, Trundle and Malphite. When we need to beef up I use malphite jungle and I feel like I can comfortably gank with him and still be an asset to the team.

I was thinking of picking up Jungle Alistar and add him as another tanky jungler to my list, seeing as how he pretty much has Malphite's ult in a 1-2 combo on a lower cool down, and a heal, so Alistar just seemed like a better character than Malphite overall.

You think I should stick to Jungle malphite over jungle alistar? Baby sitting at bot is probably the one thing I can't do too often, and if I play a tank, he has to be in the form of a jungler.

ExecutionerK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by S B View Post
I have 2 main junglers who I'm comfortable with, Trundle and Malphite. When we need to beef up I use malphite jungle and I feel like I can comfortably gank with him and still be an asset to the team.

I was thinking of picking up Jungle Alistar and add him as another tanky jungler to my list, seeing as how he pretty much has Malphite's ult in a 1-2 combo on a lower cool down, and a heal, so Alistar just seemed like a better character than Malphite overall.

You think I should stick to Jungle malphite over jungle alistar? Baby sitting at bot is probably the one thing I can't do too often, and if I play a tank, he has to be in the form of a jungler.
Trundle is a real solid jungler, no one can counter jungle and win 1v1 against Trundle (with few exceptions include a Shaco box nest.)

Malphite jungle is usually use as a counterpick, such as enemy solo top is AD, then you have a perfect attack speed debuff for the enemy, as well as a passive armor skill that can buff you up when you are against them (especially good when you are against tryndamere/ gangplank top)

Alistar is really lacking damage to be effective enough, and if you use headbutt as a gap closer, you will not have any skill or damage for the next 10 seconds, which is a huge factor for people to abandon Alistar jungle.

If you want a tanky jungler, I suggest Maokai, but he is ganking base, meaning you will need to be ganking all the time to show your team your worth, and he has a relatively slow dragon time, which often requires help from other lanes.

Krt Westok

01-23-2012

Hello. Thank you for your time making this thread and answering all these questions. Heres mine:

Since long time Ive been wondering, does it worth destrying a tower too fast? Lets say 10-12 minutes. I ask this because after the tower is gone it becomes really hard to farm at that lane (trying not to overxtend) making me loss exp/cs ...

ExecutionerK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westok View Post
Hello. Thank you for your time making this thread and answering all these questions. Heres mine:

Since long time Ive been wondering, does it worth destrying a tower too fast? Lets say 10-12 minutes. I ask this because after the tower is gone it becomes really hard to farm at that lane (trying not to overxtend) making me loss exp/cs ...
Going to bed soon, but I had answered this question before.
10-12 minutes should be fine, since you should pass level 6 already and have one of your major item up.

Here is the link if you want to see my past answer for this problem.
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...1690265&page=5

JedimasterDarren

01-24-2012

What do you think of jungle poppy? If you were to jungle her, what would be your set up in terms of masteries, runes and core items?

ExecutionerK

01-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by JedimasterDarren View Post
What do you think of jungle poppy? If you were to jungle her, what would be your set up in terms of masteries, runes and core items?
Jungle poppy is mediocre, especially after the jungle remake.

Even though Poppy have a good gap closer, and a relatively high damage skill with a possible stun, she doesn't get enough money out of the jungle, nor she can clear the jungle fast enough.

With that being said, Poppy will always be slower than enemy jungler, which limit her ability to counter jungle.

However, If you can secure kill in ganks, jungler Poppy does have the potential to work her way up and became a nightmare (tower dive 24/7 jungler, that is what you call scary =P)

I am not sure about builds, but I will vote for 21/0/9 for aggressive ganking or 0/21/9 for passive + better late game, core item will be Wriggle and Trinity force if you are building AD, or Deathcap, DFG and lichbane as AP.

Burbinator

01-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExecutionerKen View Post
Going to bed soon, but I had answered this question before.
10-12 minutes should be fine, since you should pass level 6 already and have one of your major item up.

Here is the link if you want to see my past answer for this problem.
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...1690265&page=5
i'd like to elaborate a tiny bit on destroying tower

If im bot lane and dominating, i'm very fond of getting tower low (200 or less hp) but keeping it alive so i can deny minions on it. But it's low enough that if i want to create more dragon pressure or get ready for a tower dive gank, i can kill it literally within seconds.

Just a thought.

ExecutionerK

01-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burbinator View Post
i'd like to elaborate a tiny bit on destroying tower

If im bot lane and dominating, i'm very fond of getting tower low (200 or less hp) but keeping it alive so i can deny minions on it. But it's low enough that if i want to create more dragon pressure or get ready for a tower dive gank, i can kill it literally within seconds.

Just a thought.
Totally agree.

You want to make the tower at low hp, but still serve the purpose to deny enemy gold.

On the other hand, low hp tower can also be easily dived and destroy.

S B

01-24-2012

What makes Rumble so good, and so highly revered? I hear a lot about him and how he's a great pick, one of the strongest champs in the game, etc.

I have quite a bit of ip available, and I'm starting to reconsider if I want to spend it on a jungler (Alistar/Maokai) or if I should give Rumble a try. Thanks

ExecutionerK

01-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by S B View Post
What makes Rumble so good, and so highly revered? I hear a lot about him and how he's a great pick, one of the strongest champs in the game, etc.

I have quite a bit of ip available, and I'm starting to reconsider if I want to spend it on a jungler (Alistar/Maokai) or if I should give Rumble a try. Thanks
Rumble skills have movement speed buff, shield, ranged attack, slow, and a high damage flamethrower, his ultimate is also amazing during early to mid game.

However, his late game falls off really hard, so most rumble games tend to focus on getting huge advantage and end before 30minutes.