Help thread for players, answer by 1800s.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ExecutionerK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scary Wolf Man View Post
What is a good solo top or jungler that brings CC and utility for a team?

I'm playing solo top shen right now and want to know some better solo tops
Solo top: Riven, Gangplank, Kennen.
Riven: knock up and AoE stun
Gangplank: Global ult, good AD and movement speed buff
Kennen: Press R, press W, zhonya, W again. You should be able to stun the whole enemy team

Jungler: Skarner, Lee sin
Skarner: perm-slow enemy or drag the enemy ranged AD to the front.
Lee sin: Cripple reduce enemy AD carry's attack speed by a lot, and thus, you can kick the enemy into your team to instant burst him/her down. (Or you can kick the enemy tanky dps back into their team, knocking up 2-3 guys = good CC.

Muertecide

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-23-2012

Hey, I'm asking that if akali can solo top?...
and what skills to level at her?

Muertecide

01-23-2012

and for Lux... is it better to max her E or her Q at lvl 9?

Prødígy

01-23-2012

My ELO used to be 1300 when I started ranked and had a W/L record of 7W and 5L. Now my ELO dropped to around 1140. Do you have any tips for playing ranked in general from your experience? Also, how can I improve and raise my ELO along with my skill level? Is there anything specific I should focus on in a ranked game?

ExecutionerK

01-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muertecide View Post
Hey, I'm asking that if akali can solo top?...
and what skills to level as her?
Akali can solo top as long as you don't pick her too early, if you pick her as first pick, the enemy can easily counter pick with something such as Lee sin to zone you out of the lane.

As for lux, you usually want to max the E because it is AoE damage.

ExecutionerK

01-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneMan4rmy1228 View Post
My ELO used to be 1300 when I started ranked and had a W/L record of 7W and 5L. Now my ELO dropped to around 1140. Do you have any tips for playing ranked in general from your experience? Also, how can I improve and raise my ELO along with my skill level? Is there anything specific I should focus on in a ranked game?
That really depends on your problems, for example, I had stated the differences between the 1400 players to 1800 players right here.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...1690265&page=4

S B

01-23-2012

I've seen Stonewall008 run AD Jungle Alistar, with only Ghostblade and Triforce as his damage items, then the rest tanky. How is it that this works? And what can I do to make sure I get the same outcome and not just go 1/8/2 and have my team rage at me for feeding?

Thanks for this thread btw, it's a great idea.

ExecutionerK

01-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by S B View Post
I've seen Stonewall008 run AD Jungle Alistar, with only Ghostblade and Triforce as his damage items, then the rest tanky. How is it that this works? And what can I do to make sure I get the same outcome and not just go 1/8/2 and have my team rage at me for feeding?

Thanks for this thread btw, it's a great idea.
Lol at stonewall's AD jungle Alistar.

That kind of jungle build is hugely situational, if you can't get fed early game, you just put yourself into a guy that "Doesn't do damage, nor tanky enough to tank anything"

Remember, such build is purely use for pubstomping, where you know you are going to win the game fast. Jungle Alistar's major problem is that he doesn't do enough damage compare to any of the current meta junglers, and his crowd control ability is heavily rely on teammates to make them worthwhile, so do not do this unless you are in a full premade, and make sure that the lane that you are ganking have enough damage to back up your crowd control (Example: Vayne/ Graves and Taric lane, Sion mid, Gangplank/ Riven top)

S B

01-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExecutionerKen View Post
Lol at stonewall's AD jungle Alistar.

That kind of jungle build is hugely situational, if you can't get fed early game, you just put yourself into a guy that "Doesn't do damage, nor tanky enough to tank anything"

Remember, such build is purely use for pubstomping, where you know you are going to win the game fast. Jungle Alistar's major problem is that he doesn't do enough damage compare to any of the current meta junglers, and his crowd control ability is heavily rely on teammates to make them worthwhile, so do not do this unless you are in a full premade, and make sure that the lane that you are ganking have enough damage to back up your crowd control (Example: Vayne/ Graves and Taric lane, Sion mid, Gangplank/ Riven top)
****, well that sucks lol

So pretty much I should get the hang of Jungle Alistar and make sure I know how to gank/land his combo/not feed with him before attempting that? and make sure I have a premade

What does a regular Jungle Alistar build and what's his purpose around teamfights? Sorry, I've rarely seen any Alistars, and the ones that I have seen just baby sit bot.

ExecutionerK

01-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by S B View Post
****, well that sucks lol

So pretty much I should get the hang of Jungle Alistar and make sure I know how to gank/land his combo/not feed with him before attempting that? and make sure I have a premade

What does a regular Jungle Alistar build and what's his purpose around teamfights? Sorry, I've rarely seen any Alistars, and the ones that I have seen just baby sit bot.
I don't know too much about jungle Alistar, but from my experience, some Alistar will go with philo stone, HoG and rush shurelya, using the speed advantage to gank and HoG to provide some higher eHP, but that is before the jungle rework.

I think jungler alistar is not going to be effective no matter how you build him, especially due to the fact that he can't counter jungle like Lee or Shaco, nor he can clear camps fast enough like Skarner or Udyr.

Hell, even Maokai have better ganks and damage compare to Alistar, not to mention that his ult benefit the whole team, and he clear camps faster with his skills.

Alistar is much more useful at bottom lane as a support for the early game bush and crowd control advantage.