The Quality Guides Project

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

paij

07-15-2010

This is a pretty awesome support morgona guide. It focuses on cool down reduction and health and mana/regen of course.

LaMilton Taeshan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarant View Post
Condon's MFing Cho'Gath
i c wut u did thar

SuicidalPankake

07-15-2010

Advanced Annie- Be the Boss by Sniperness

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=143730

I played a decent Annie before reading this guide, now I'm roughly 3x better. It goes over runes, summoner spells, skill order, item build, gameplay, and advaned techniques.

Crushnaut

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-15-2010

Great idea! Suggestion: multiple threads. It might help to split nominating, voting, and the actual list into three different threads. You might need some help from the staff to keep threads clean and organized.

Else, perhaps get some web space, and get someone like me to write you a quick app to handle nominations, voting, and posting.

Just a couple of ideas for you.

Kajitii

07-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by berzerk dragon View Post
So? I'm only level 27 with nowhere near a full rune page. That doesn't stop me from playing Amumu well. Have a bit more faith in yourself mang. Who knows, your guide just might show up on the QGP list
I don't doubt that, but having played Anivia for over 100 games, I'm still learning new things, and they don't show up that often. And this is just with caster-oriented builds. I have yet to seriously try a tank Anivia xD

I don't know how many other people share my views, but I believe that a guide should be able to encompass all of the typical situations you'd come across, and then some, given the scope that you present your guide. For example, in a general Anivia guide, I would expect something about what would happen if you went in a 1v2 lane. If however you say it's a guide about solomid Anivia, then I'm fine with you leaving the 1v2 specific information out.

Should I attempt to have a finished guide, I would like to be able to know nearly everything there is to know, so I can accurately judge and answer people's concerns and questions. As of right now, I have a crappy computer (so I can't do super-micros due to FPS limitations), and it's in my opinion that I don't take very many opportunities with Crystallize.

As it stands right now, I have yet to see a guide that recommends pumping up Flash Frost for the sole purpose of holding a lane. (I've seen a guide that pumps up Flash Frost for nuking though.) I acknowledge that such a situation where this is appropriate is uncommon, but it had better be on the negotiation table if your team has a jungler. I have no idea how you'd fare soloing against two harassment champions compared to other champions (like Hyfe's Nasus), but it works very well against two melee champions.

Oh, and I'd like to recommend Hyfe's guide for Nasus as well =P

LaMilton Taeshan

07-15-2010

idk Riot doesn't make a premium guide forum/section like dota allstars and playdota

berzerk dragon

07-16-2010

I've updated the OP, adding an easy access list of guides that have been nominated including the number of nominations for each.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushnaut View Post
Great idea! Suggestion: multiple threads. It might help to split nominating, voting, and the actual list into three different threads. You might need some help from the staff to keep threads clean and organized.

Else, perhaps get some web space, and get someone like me to write you a quick app to handle nominations, voting, and posting.

Just a couple of ideas for you.
I'll probably end up making a separate thread for the master list (since it WILL keep growing as more champs and more guides come out) but for now, a single thread will suffice. I'll deal with problems as the come up

Akal

07-16-2010

Thank you for the update.

Please add 3 nominations to the GiRLSTAR guides, they are all terrific.

I'll nominate the Oppenheimer guide on these forums, it has excellent advice on tactics and a solid offensive item build: http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board....php?p=1676557

berzerk dragon

07-17-2010

Hmm, this is going slower than I expected. I think I'll loosen the rules a bit and see if that nets me more responses. Perhaps I should also advertise in a more active board (say, General Discussion) because I know that there is potential for massive support for this project. Good idea?

LaMilton Taeshan

07-17-2010

The MFing Cho'Gath is pretty much a troll.