Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

1Eredale

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthurnax View Post
Shyvana,

On a completely different note, I am Paarthurnax.

Paarthurnax posting in a Shyvana thread, win. Just had to point this out.

Ask Shyvana

01-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsaalyo View Post
I'm curious. If you were to have kids with a human, would the kids be half dragons like you, or would they be 'quarter dragons', so to speak, less like you and more like humans?
Hello, Tsaalyo.

If my husband was human, our children would still be half dragons, like me. It would take three or four generations of my descendents having children with humans before the children became too human to transform. And even then, they would likely be able to breathe fire, and have superior physical forms, for several generations beyond that.

Quote:
Shyvana,

If you don't mind, I'm going to provide my input as to why a few of your points are invalid.

First you mentioned other champions running out of mana in long term fights.
The thing is, most fights do not last. They end in 10-15 seconds. So running out of mana in the middle of a fight is not a major problem at all. In general, going out of mana only happens if someone has not visited the platform in a long time.

I find your second statement somewhat incorrect as well. True, you do more damage than most of the champions I have listed, and can probably duel most of them and be the victor. However, have you ever tried to fight against a Nasus who has slain 200 or more minions to his Siphoning Strike? Towards the end of a match, he poses a larger threat than you because his Wither can shut down anyone, and then he can simply walk into the fray, kill the carries in one to two hits with Siphoning Strike, all while taking little damage, and then focus on the tankier people (such as yourself). And since you lack crowd control, you would never be able to keep him or someone similar to him off of your carries, and at the end of the day, they are the ones who win the fights.

In response to your comment on Sion and being able to do more damage to enemies around you...I simply have two words: Death's Caress.

Finally, let's talk about your initiate. The Burnout combined with the Dragon's Descent. Do you realize how obvious of an initiate this is? The enemy team could see it coming easily and counter it by stunning you under the tower and killing you before the rest of your team catches up. Skarner can initiate by flashing in and suppressing a target, and then dragging the poor victim back to his team. Rammus can flash in and taunt a target. Udyr can flash and stun. Your initiate isn't bad, and it works well in other situations (such as dragon or Baron fights).

I'm sorry if I'm offending you in any way. This is just what I have seen practically happen in the few months I have used you.

On a completely different note, which ability do you dread seeing in a fight? For me it's Gangplank's ultimate. That maniacal pirate laughter followed by the cannons raining down always makes me wary when engaging a team with a Gangplank.

And finally, last question I promise, what do you think of Nidalee?
A tactical discussion is far more Luxanna's strong point, but if you must, very well.

You put a lot of faith in fights lasting such a short amount of time, Summoner. Surely you've been in enough fights to know how hard it is on your team when your own abilities are only able to be used once in a fight. Look at LeBlanc, or even Luxanna, with all due respect. What happens if a fight lasts longer than that? What happens if the enemy survives your initial burst? More than anything, what happens if the enemy has enough sustain to make up all the damage you did? Being hindered by mana is a huge disadvantage, Summoner, even if you believe no fight will last long enough for that to be an issue, and even if you believe that fights only start when you're at full mana.

Your second point. You're right, but really, it's the Summoner's fault if the enemy is allowed to get to that point. Nearly any champion becomes absolutely unstoppable if his or her opponents allow it. Any 'carry', even myself. What matters is how unstoppable a champion naturally is. Without proper gear, the only hope Rammus has of killing anyone is if someone hurts themselves on his shell. Riven is very easily killed without proper gear, and Skarner and Sion are confined by mana - which they eat a lot of if their abilities are weakened by a lack of gear. I'm the only one who can overcome anyone in terms of strength, and deal serious damage, over a long period of time, without a need for much gear. And when it comes to an equal fight, where both myself and my opponent are suited up? Like you said, I'm almost guaranteed to splatter their burning guts across the Fields of Justice. As for 'crowd control', like I said, just buy me any weapon with a slowing effect. Even that will be enough to ensure that no opponent survives long enough to get to Vayne, or whoever my 'carry' is.

I'm not saying damage to a wide area is solely my ability, but I will say that everyone feels it when I Twin Bite in my true form against some frail targets.

Your final point misses the point entirely, my dear Summoner. It's exactly the point that my initiate is obvious. It's exactly the point for the enemy to focus their efforts on me. That stun they tried to use on me? That's one less threat to Vayne. Those abilities they all threw at me, in hopes of having the power to kill a dragon? They all become a whole list of abilities that are not being used on my allies. And the thing is, for example, Skarner's method focuses entirely on one target. Yes, stuns are good, but the others can easily choose to instead target your carry, since they are feeling none of the initiate. When I dive, everyone feels it. You WILL pay attention to me before anyone else, or you will die. Plain and simple, my dear Summoner, there is no denying the power of a dragon.

So, abilities I dread... there aren't many, Summoner. I suppose the most irksome one is Caitlyn's. The woman is such an unbelievable shot. It's like she never misses.

I can relate to Nidalee, in that she has an animal half. Sadly, she hates the feud between Demacia and Noxus, and she tells me she'll fight either of us to the death if we try to move in on her home turf. I suppose I can respect that, and I can tell you that Demacia has no plans to invade Nidalee's home. In fact, she just wants peace, and that's certainly all anyone wants. I doubt Nidalee cares to visit Demacia, but she's always welcome, as far as I'm concerned. Though... oddly enough, I thought Nidalee had no real interest in civilization. But this past halloween, did you see her? She was as cleaned up as the high class in any Demacian special occasion. Quite stunning, I must say. Who knows, maybe she's considering living in a proper citystate. It'd likely be Ionia, and since they're an ally of Demacia, I wish her well.

poponastick

01-21-2012

Yo Shyv does Xerath scare you? Cause right now he's one of the best mages on the fields of justice and he's at like less than 1% power. What if one day he broke free and got to full power?

Eredaar

01-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by poponastick View Post
Yo Shyv does Xerath scare you? Cause right now he's one of the best mages on the fields of justice and he's at like less than 1% power. What if one day he broke free and got to full power?
thank gods someone remembers what he is

Ask Shyvana

01-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by poponastick View Post
Hello, Pop.

No, Xerath doesn't scare me. I hear this pitiful rhetoric over and over, about more people and Champions than you'd think. "Annie will be a goddess when she grows up!" "Jax would be unbeatable if he was allowed to use a real weapon!" And now you with Xerath. I'll tell you the same thing I tell everyone else about everyone else: I'll believe it when I see it. No disrespect to Xerath, Jax, Annie, or anyone else. They are powerful Champions who have every right to fight on the Fields of Justice. But I don't care about rumors of Xerath having the power to destroy the universe. I'll believe he's capable of it when I see him do it. Until then, only two things are certain: He is capable of exactly what he demonstrates, and he trembles before the power of a dragon.

Mojay

01-21-2012

I find it amusing that you think you can duel any fighter-class champion if both of you have full builds. Notice that I said fighter class and not carry, mage, or tank. Obviously mages and carries are too squishy and tanks do not do enough damage. But I'm pretty sure 90% of the fighter-class champions in the league can defeat you in a one on one assuming you both have full builds...

But I digress...clearly we are in two completely different mindsets. And I will unfortunately never consider you to be a top tier champion until you train yourself to learn a stun or suppression. You're a dragon. Shouldn't be that difficult.

If it makes you feel any better, I also find Garen to be useless for the same reason.

Fffogolin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-21-2012

Dear Shyvana

Thank you for your answers earlier.
What I meant with versatile is... besides the rumors of Ezreal and Luxanna being an item, I also heard some rumors about him being courted by Taric and Vladimir... I was wondering if there was any truth to these... Um, I'm just curious, nothing more.

Well, anyway, while I was reading the older issues of the Journal of Justice I wondered if there would be some sort of official league match to decide the conflict between Noxus and Demacia that started with Kalamanda. If that fight were to occur, and you were chosen to participate in it, which champions would you like to see on your side? And which champions would you like to be on the opposing team, so you could crush them on the name of Demacia?

Also, about Vayne... even if she was born in Demacia, she doesn't seem to be affiliated with Demacia per se. I mean, she hunts evil, and has saved even Noxian settlements from evil creatures, has she not? She just doesn't seem very interested in politics at all... Are my thoughts correct? Have you ever heard Vayne's opinion on the matter?

Summoner Fffogolin

Ask Shyvana

01-22-2012

Quote:
I find it amusing that you think you can duel any fighter-class champion if both of you have full builds. Notice that I said fighter class and not carry, mage, or tank. Obviously mages and carries are too squishy and tanks do not do enough damage. But I'm pretty sure 90% of the fighter-class champions in the league can defeat you in a one on one assuming you both have full builds...

But I digress...clearly we are in two completely different mindsets. And I will unfortunately never consider you to be a top tier champion until you train yourself to learn a stun or suppression. You're a dragon. Shouldn't be that difficult.

If it makes you feel any better, I also find Garen to be useless for the same reason.
Blame the carpenter, not his tools, dear Summoner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fffogolin View Post
Dear Shyvana

Thank you for your answers earlier.
What I meant with versatile is... besides the rumors of Ezreal and Luxanna being an item, I also heard some rumors about him being courted by Taric and Vladimir... I was wondering if there was any truth to these... Um, I'm just curious, nothing more.

Well, anyway, while I was reading the older issues of the Journal of Justice I wondered if there would be some sort of official league match to decide the conflict between Noxus and Demacia that started with Kalamanda. If that fight were to occur, and you were chosen to participate in it, which champions would you like to see on your side? And which champions would you like to be on the opposing team, so you could crush them on the name of Demacia?

Also, about Vayne... even if she was born in Demacia, she doesn't seem to be affiliated with Demacia per se. I mean, she hunts evil, and has saved even Noxian settlements from evil creatures, has she not? She just doesn't seem very interested in politics at all... Are my thoughts correct? Have you ever heard Vayne's opinion on the matter?

Summoner Fffogolin
Hello, Goblin.

A high stakes fight such as that, I would assume that you Summoners would choose a 'meta' strategy, with very specific requirements as to who goes where. So, I would jungle. Prince Jarvan could take the top. Luxanna would take the middle. Garen and Vayne would take the bottom. As for the enemy team, I don't want to cause political strife by basically making a list of the five weakest members of Demacia, even if it would feel oh so good. Besides, it doesn't really matter. They could put their five best against us, the result would always be the same. The enemies of Demacia will fall.

I have indeed spoken to Vayne in great length, Summoner, both on and off the Field of Justice. Ranged Champions like her are a very popular lane partner with me, after all. So, you're right. Vayne is not nearly as involved with Demacian political affairs as, say, the Crownguard family. I'm sure her rescuing Noxian settlements has raised a few eyebrows, but it actually makes a clear case for Demacian ideals. We don't think less of a person simply because of where they are born. I'm sure there are many, many Noxians who are perfectly good people, who detest the wars and the current state of their citystate. Riven is welcome in Demacia with open arms, and so is any noncriminal Noxian... provided they pass the Demacian immigration system, whatever's involved in that. So, if a Noxian settlement is being overrun by murderous creatures of the Void, as an example, why wouldn't any good Demacian step in and protect them? Most of them have never done anything wrong, and as for the ones that did, we can administer justice after we ensure they aren't horribly killed. Besides, if they have done things to deserve death, I'm sure Vayne would deal with that after she killed the forces of darkness.

So, Vayne's opinions. She values hunting the forces of darkness far more than she values political matters, which is something not all Demacians are impressed with. I know she wants greatly to hunt down LeBlanc and Swain, even though many people think that those two running Noxus would be much better for all of Runeterra. Of course, if the rumors about them impersonating Prince Jarvan are true, the only resistance Vayne will have from me in that matter is from me pushing her aside and butchering them myself. But anyway, there aren't many prominent Noxians she doesn't want dead.

Vayne still holds permanent residence in Demacia, and so far as she's told me, she still considers herself Demacian and still lives by our way of life. It's just that her past, which I won't spit on by discussing behind her back, has made her far more interested in getting things done than proceeding in any official, political manner. Again, there are some Demacians who aren't too happy about that. But fear not, Vayne is not a criminal by Demacian law, and she's still liked by our political figures, Prince Jarvan, the Crownguards, and myself.

SpicyJackTheBard

Recruiter

01-22-2012

Lady Shyvana,

I am here to pester you yet again, only because my curiosity far exceeds my tact. Have you ever gotten together with some of the other female champions of the League and gone for a girls' night out? If so, who did you go with and what did you do? If not, would you be open to the notion?

In all Sincerity,
Spicy Jack, the Bard of Piltover

Ask Shyvana

01-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpicyJackTheBard View Post
Lady Shyvana,

I am here to pester you yet again, only because my curiosity far exceeds my tact. Have you ever gotten together with some of the other female champions of the League and gone for a girls' night out? If so, who did you go with and what did you do? If not, would you be open to the notion?

In all Sincerity,
Spicy Jack, the Bard of Piltover
No, a "girls' night out" is not something I tend to do. I value the relationships I have, but that sort of thing is more Luxanna's thing. And in fact, she has dragged me out on a few occasions. Usually it's after a match, so since we're all already out anyway, "Why not go someplace? Come on Shyvana, it'll be fun!" She'll round up whoever's willing. Janna, Caitlyn, and Miss Fortune are some usuals. Caitlyn and Fortune often try to choose somewhere that serves drinks, while Luxanna and Janna are basically children at heart, and often opt for whatever festival happens to be on. I usually treat it as a learning experience, since I don't much care for alcohol or children's games. I will say, though, it's quite fun to scare off men who try to hit on us. I can smell their fear.

When we decide not to go anywhere, we typically visit either Luxanna's or Caitlyn's home, since they have the most spacious places in the most agreeable areas. I won't tell you specifics of what we discuss, since much of "girl talk" is quite personal. I can tell you, though, that we spend quite a lot of time discussing how clueless you men are. Caitlyn and Miss Fortune try to set me up with men "who I'd totally like" pretty often. Caitlyn insists I can borrow her fuzzy cuffs if I wash them when I'm done, which is disturbing on a number of levels.

But even though these nights aren't exactly in my comfort zone, I enjoy them. After all, to be invited along means they accept who I am, which means a lot - especially from Luxanna, a fellow Demacian.