Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask Shyvana

01-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowrandy View Post
Dear shyvana

now that sejuani is in the league have you spoken to her
I have indeed.

She's hard to place. I can't say she's not on the side of justice, because she is fighting to unify Freljord and being peace. It's just that her method of achieving this is a final war, as opposed to Ashe's strategy of political marriage. I can say that she's a true warrior, a prime example of the fighting spirit and physical might that Freljord can produce.

She's not a fan of Demacia, thanks to the troubles we've had with Freljord. She's only decent to me because I myself am not a native Demacian. I don't tolerate people trash talking Demacia, but she's smart enough to keep her words civil when I'm around. She's quite an angry woman though. I asked her about Ashe, and her words and tone were dripping with anger. Sejuani is a passionate woman, who believes in her cause with all her heart. I can respect that. I side with Ashe in ideals - if there's an option to avoid bloodshed, we should always try to take that route - but since Sejuani's overall goal is ultimate peace, I have no major problems with her.

Jaykoboy

01-20-2012

Dear Shyvana,

Heartened by your advice to SpicyJackTheBard, I thought I may ask for a bit as well.

I've taken a liking to Riven, but I'm not sure how to act around her. What would you recommend? Do you know enough about her to give me advice on how to impress her, or at least become a good friend?

-Jaykoboy-

Ask Shyvana

01-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaykoboy View Post
Dear Shyvana,

Heartened by your advice to SpicyJackTheBard, I thought I may ask for a bit as well.

I've taken a liking to Riven, but I'm not sure how to act around her. What would you recommend? Do you know enough about her to give me advice on how to impress her, or at least become a good friend?

-Jaykoboy-
...oh lord, another one of these. You men are so amusing.

Alright, the first thing you need to know about Riven is that she's in a fragile emotional state right now. She'll never admit it, and will probably yell at me the next time she sees me for saying this, but it's what I've seen of her.

I remember one match in particular. She and I were on the same team. A massive teamfight happened, and the result was Riven scoring the Ace, but the rest of us dying. I respawned first. Riven was standing by our middle inhibitor turret, looking at the scattered bodies. She didn't hear me, and as I approached, I heard her say, "So much death...". And she said it in a low, almost quivering voice. Not sure of what to say, I simply asked "So what's the plan?". Startled, she looked at me, shocked at my question. I figured she thought I was asking about her whole life, so I quickly clarified that I was talking about how we should push. There was an awkward moment, then she got to business.

I'm no psychologist, but if you ask me, Riven doesn't know what to believe anymore. She's clinging to the Noxian ideals she loves so much, but she greatly opposes everything her nationstate is currently doing. She needs an... ugh, I hate getting all disgustingly sentimental like this, but she needs someone she can depend on - someone solid, dependable. If you want to win Riven over, you need to be someone she can trust with everything.

But I guess you need to present yourself as a potential partner for her first, right? Dragons do this by destroying the most stuff with a blast of fire, but I don't think Riven would be impressed by that. Well, firstly, don't waste your time showing off how strong you are. Riven is a soldier, and a Champion. She's seen hundreds of strong men, it's nothing new. Actually, she might want a guy who she needs to "work on", so to speak. Some guy she can tutor and mold into her equal. She was a general, or something like that, so I'm sure she prefers to be the stronger one. Don't be weak, of course, but don't show off. She won't be impressed. I know I wouldn't care.

Riven is not the type to open up easily, but you'll need to get her to trust you enough to discuss her past. Lucky for you, I also don't open up easily, so I suppose I can offer some advice on getting her to open up. You can try taking an interest in her life by asking some more neutral questions of her. Perhaps ask about military strategy, or some advanced sword techniques, or different ways to take on different enemies. Ask her what gear she prefers Summoners purchase for her on the Field of Justice - we ALL appreciate that. Regardless of what you ask, listen to her, and listen well. After a few such conversations, she'll hopefully see you as an acquaintance. That's the key, Summoner. I'd want to like you before I'd consider dating you, and I'm sure Riven is no different.

At that point, you're cleared for asking her to wherever it is you humans prefer to take your dates. I don't know what Riven prefers to eat, so I can't help you with that. Just ask her where she'd prefer to go. If she says it's your choice, I can tell you that Riven isn't a fancy woman. Don't bother with any of those candlelit, white wine, uptight places. Middle class is the limit, Summoner. Also, if she's not up for an official 'date', you might want to ask to train with her, if where she trains isn't too private. I train at the barracks in Demacia, so that offer would work on me. I don't know where Riven trains at the moment, but it can't hurt to ask. Maybe she wouldn't mind even if where she trains IS private, I don't know. Training can get quite monotonous, it's always nice to have a partner or two.

Generic human dating advice isn't my strong suit. All I can tell you about dating is to pay close attention to what she says and what she likes. It's not nearly as hard as you men think, especially not with a girl like Riven. Men always complain about us women and our mind games, but Riven is nothing if she's not up front about what she likes.

Now, Riven doesn't open up about her past easily. Even if you two are doing nicely, I doubt it'll be easy. Try telling her a painful story from YOUR past, building trust between the two of you that way. If you don't have a story that significant, perhaps trust her with some insecurity of yours. Just tell her that you want to share something with her that you don't normally share, because you trust her after all this time and need someone to talk to about it. Now, I doubt she'll follow up that conversation by immediately telling you about her past, but a date or two later, you should be able to ask her something without her chewing your head off for it.

Once that first conversation happens, you're golden. At that point, you two are officially a couple. How adorable, Summoner.

randy780

01-20-2012

Dear shyvana

what do you think of talon

Fffogolin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-20-2012

Dear Shyvana

Greetings. I may not summon you too often, since I still don't seem to have enough influence on the league to be able to summon you on matches not occurring on the weeks you're available to all summoners, but I still do enjoy summoning you when I can. If I may ask you, what is your favourite gear? Do you prefer gaining gold on the jungle or going against others in lane? Sometimes, I find that other summoners do not engage the enemy as I command you to charge on the enemy team, fleeing instead... That leaves you outnumbered and that results on your death... What do you feel when such a thing happens? How does dieing on the fields feel like?

You expressed concern over Annie being in the league earlier, mainly because she is too young... However you did not say anything about Nunu. Even if he looks older than Annie he is also a child... Do you think he is more suited to being in the league than Annie? If so, why?

I must also ask you about Ezreal... have you talked to him before? Do you think he is as.. -versatile- as the rumors say? I-I'm just asking by the way. No um, reason for it. Just curious.

Sorry about asking so many questions, I hope you find some time to answer them.
-Summoner Fffogolin

Not Olaf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-20-2012

Dear Shyvana

What would you do in this situation?

Ok so imagine if there is a couple Boy A and Girl A who is going out. There is a Girl B who likes Boy A and wouldn't mind hurting her best friend Girl A in order to get Boy A. There is also a Boy B who likes Girl B but because he swing the Yaoi Flag way he also has the raging lust for Boy A as well and wouldn't mind having a threesome with Boy A and Girl B but doesn't really like Girl A because she is *****y. What is the best solution to make as much people out of the four happy?

Ask Shyvana

01-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowrandy View Post
Dear shyvana

what do you think of talon
He is a petty thief, but more than that, Talon is a shining example of what is wrong with Noxus, in that criminals are given such positions as Talon got, rather than being brought to justice. I respect his abilities, but he is an enemy of Demacia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fffogolin View Post
Dear Shyvana

Greetings. I may not summon you too often, since I still don't seem to have enough influence on the league to be able to summon you on matches not occurring on the weeks you're available to all summoners, but I still do enjoy summoning you when I can. If I may ask you, what is your favourite gear? Do you prefer gaining gold on the jungle or going against others in lane? Sometimes, I find that other summoners do not engage the enemy as I command you to charge on the enemy team, fleeing instead... That leaves you outnumbered and that results on your death... What do you feel when such a thing happens? How does dieing on the fields feel like?

You expressed concern over Annie being in the league earlier, mainly because she is too young... However you did not say anything about Nunu. Even if he looks older than Annie he is also a child... Do you think he is more suited to being in the league than Annie? If so, why?

I must also ask you about Ezreal... have you talked to him before? Do you think he is as.. -versatile- as the rumors say? I-I'm just asking by the way. No um, reason for it. Just curious.

-Summoner Fffogolin
Hello, Ffogolin.

Good, I like it when you Summoners ask this sort of thing. The most important thing you need to do is buy me Wriggles Lantern as fast as possible. Its enchantments allow me to fight for a very long time. Once you have that, I benefit greatly from 'attack speed' equipment, coupled with damage. Bloodthirster and Wit's End are very nice staple buys. Beyond that, just purchase for the situation. If the enemy team is heavily physical, Thornmail. If they're magical, Force of Nature. And remember, armor penetration weapons aren't nearly as effective as critical weapons.

You raise a good point. No, Nunu is not any more suited to being in the League than Annie. Even less so, given that the boy himself doesn't actually do any of the attacking. At least Annie is mostly self-sufficient... with all due respect to Nunu, of course.

I've spoken to Ezreal, yes. He has asked me of my travels before I became a Demacian. He's quite interested in the history of dragons and half dragons. However, the most amusing conversation was when he asked me how he should... to quote him, "go about courting Lux." Oh, that was a fun day... excuse me, what do you mean by versatile? Is this some sort of raunchy rumor? I know nothing about this rumor.

It's no problem, Summoner, you need not fear me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not Olaf View Post
Dear Shyvana

What would you do in this situation?

Ok so imagine if there is a couple Boy A and Girl A who is going out. There is a Girl B who likes Boy A and wouldn't mind hurting her best friend Girl A in order to get Boy A. There is also a Boy B who likes Girl B but because he swing the Yaoi Flag way he also has the raging lust for Boy A as well and wouldn't mind having a threesome with Boy A and Girl B but doesn't really like Girl A because she is *****y. What is the best solution to make as much people out of the four happy?
Hello, Not Olaf.

I... what? Summoner, what sort of nonsense... is this common in human culture? How often does this occur? Wow. Alright, the most morally righteous solution is for Boy A to date Girl A, and Boy B to date Girl B. Then... and know that this sort of thing is frowned upon by Demacia and by me, but if you want a hypothetical solution for the most happiness... Boy B is able to have relations with Boy A, provided Girl A and Girl B are okay with it.

I should clarify that the thing Demacia and myself frown upon is the multiple sexual partners at one time, not the homosexuality. We, of course, have no problem with the latter.

Ask Shyvana

01-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fffogolin View Post
Dear Shyvana

-Summoner Fffogolin
My apologies, Summoner. I was in such a rush, I missed these questions.

I prefer being in lane. My contribution to the team is far more evident that way. Besides, the focus of my strategy is constant attack. How is my strategy useful if my constant attack is fixated on ghosts and wolves? I need to get angry to take my true form - how can I possibly get furious with a wolf? The enemy champions, however, are easy to be angered by.

Speaking of getting angry, yes, it's infuriating when cowardly Summoners commanding my allies force a retreat from a fight we easily could have won, usually resulting in the death of the champion who initiated - usually me. There is no pain reducing magic on the Field of Justice. When we die out there, it feels the same as a death anywhere else. Don't feel bad for us though, my dear Summoner. We're all pretty much used to it by now.

Tsaalyo

Recruiter

01-21-2012

I'm curious. If you were to have kids with a human, would the kids be half dragons like you, or would they be 'quarter dragons', so to speak, less like you and more like humans?

Mojay

01-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Shyvana View Post

The champions you've listed have a wide array of problems. Many of the are confined by 'mana', meaning they are useless in any longterm fight. Riven is not confined by it, sure, but let's be honest - she is far weaker than me, massive sword notwithstanding. In terms of strength, the only person you've listed capable of matching me is Sion. Sure, he can stun his opponents, but he is slow. My burnout allows me to easily escape from him or catch up to him. Not only that, but I am far more capable of dealing damage to multiple targets at once. I happen to be capable of taking far more damage than them, and if a Summoner equips me with any weapon capable of slowing my opponent, it's pretty much all over for anyone who dares fight me.

If you want a true demonstration of why I'm an excellent choice, dear Summoner, here's what you should try: When your team is charging an enemy team near their turret, the result is usually a flinging of meaningless projectiles until someone makes a mistake. One person pounces, and then chaos ensues. What you should do is purchase a suitable defense for me - I'd recommend Thornmail or Force of Nature, depending on who the enemy is, along with Frozen Mallet. Then, command me to use my Burnout, take my true form, and dive right on top of them. You Summoners always preach "don't focus the tank!", but when that happens, my opponents can either focus me or die. In the ensuing chaos, they almost always lose focus. And while they're distracted by the sight of their own burning guts splattered upon their tower, my teammates can decimate the opposition at their leisure.

Plus, if you purchase weapons of suitable speed and sustain for me, I'll likely survive the fight entirely.

Shyvana,

If you don't mind, I'm going to provide my input as to why a few of your points are invalid.

First you mentioned other champions running out of mana in long term fights.
The thing is, most fights do not last. They end in 10-15 seconds. So running out of mana in the middle of a fight is not a major problem at all. In general, going out of mana only happens if someone has not visited the platform in a long time.

I find your second statement somewhat incorrect as well. True, you do more damage than most of the champions I have listed, and can probably duel most of them and be the victor. However, have you ever tried to fight against a Nasus who has slain 200 or more minions to his Siphoning Strike? Towards the end of a match, he poses a larger threat than you because his Wither can shut down anyone, and then he can simply walk into the fray, kill the carries in one to two hits with Siphoning Strike, all while taking little damage, and then focus on the tankier people (such as yourself). And since you lack crowd control, you would never be able to keep him or someone similar to him off of your carries, and at the end of the day, they are the ones who win the fights.

In response to your comment on Sion and being able to do more damage to enemies around you...I simply have two words: Death's Caress.

Finally, let's talk about your initiate. The Burnout combined with the Dragon's Descent. Do you realize how obvious of an initiate this is? The enemy team could see it coming easily and counter it by stunning you under the tower and killing you before the rest of your team catches up. Skarner can initiate by flashing in and suppressing a target, and then dragging the poor victim back to his team. Rammus can flash in and taunt a target. Udyr can flash and stun. Your initiate isn't bad, and it works well in other situations (such as dragon or Baron fights).

I'm sorry if I'm offending you in any way. This is just what I have seen practically happen in the few months I have used you.

On a completely different note, which ability do you dread seeing in a fight? For me it's Gangplank's ultimate. That maniacal pirate laughter followed by the cannons raining down always makes me wary when engaging a team with a Gangplank.

And finally, last question I promise, what do you think of Nidalee?