Tribunal Question

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AmishBreakfast

01-20-2012

I looked at tribunal for the 1st time yesterday. Most of the cases go like this...

One guy in the game got angry that his team did poorly, cusses them out, and reports "Intentional Feeding"...
...one or more guys in the same game don't like being cussed at so report the first guy for "Offensive Language" and "Negative Attitude".

So we have two parties both reporting each other. From what I've seen, most of the time, the first guy was being a jerk and the second party was having a weak game and NOT intentionally losing.

I'm guessing the rage-a-holic reports people pretty often. Finally, I get to my question:

If the rage-a-holic keeps reporting people with bogus accusations, and those accusations are usually pardoned, is he punished for constantly making bogus accusations?

Riot Ambassador

Riot Games Ambassador

01-20-2012
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Hey AmishBreakfast,

That's a pretty good question. The answer is a little complicated, as we don't like to share the exact details of the Tribunal backend system.

But the short answer is that we've built the Tribunal with the knowledge that some players will create bogus reports to try and punish those they don't like.

Ultimately what happens is less "weight" is given to a player's Tribunal reports if they keep reporting players that end up getting pardoned by the system.

That's why it's always a better idea to save your reports for players that you know willingly broke the Summoner's Code. Otherwise you're just wasting everyone's time and turning into the boy who cried wolf.

And nobody likes a taddle tale.

-RoreBAWW
Riot Ambassador

AmishBreakfast

01-20-2012

Wow, thanks for that swift answer!