@Riot: Any news on Kayle?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LateNightSalami

Senior Member

01-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
We actually agree. Classick and I are talking about the new skills and gameplay patterns we want to explore.

I agree we didn't go all-out here, partially due to some constraints we've solved on resources and organization. Kayle needs an overhaul.
Is she going to remain under the hybrid fighter theme? Will she keep the ult? I have mastered using that and might be sad to see it go. However if it is replaced with something equally interesting and finesse oriented I wouldn't be opposed to that.

I gues what I am asking is, will all of the experience that I have in playing her since I started league go completely to waste? And if it does, can you give me a pick me up or some hint to a warm and bright future?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Willump and

Senior Member

01-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
We actually agree. Classick and I are talking about the new skills and gameplay patterns we want to explore.

I agree we didn't go all-out here, partially due to some constraints we've solved on resources and organization. Kayle needs an overhaul.
D::::
Can't you just tweak the stuff she has?

Shes like a beautiful ranged carry! A slow, a speed boost, a heal, a damage steroid, AoE, and an ult that lets me be hugely influential in teamfights, and best of all, with Malady+passive+Bloodrazor, you can't really build to counter her damage xD


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Morello

Lead Designer

01-20-2012
3 of 7 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaggleS View Post
Evelynn too, while you're at it. I dislike how I spent IP on the champ and RP on her skin only for you to literally make her unplayable to the point where I will be reported for playing her.
That's why this one has taken so much time - because it's a drastic change. That's the disadvantage, is the time needed (especially supporting art) to make major changes that go beyond just mechanics swapping.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Quickdash

Member

01-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
We actually agree. Classick and I are talking about the new skills and gameplay patterns we want to explore.

I agree we didn't go all-out here, partially due to some constraints we've solved on resources and organization. Kayle needs an overhaul.
Please don't screw her ultimate up and remove her ability to jungle like she can now.

IM BEGGING YOU


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jameson

Senior Member

01-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by morello View Post
"the qqer's" is a like when you call someone with a differing political views hyperbolic things like terrorist or commy - demonizing people who think kayle's kit isn't a a great design undermines your own arguments, not theirs.

Right now, i'd like to overhaul the entire kit.
moreelo is on the forums at the moment quick post questions!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Morello

Lead Designer

01-20-2012
4 of 7 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by scfs123 View Post
D::::
Can't you just tweak the stuff she has?

Shes like a beautiful ranged carry! A slow, a speed boost, a heal, a damage steroid, AoE, and an ult that lets me be hugely influential in teamfights, and best of all, with Malady+passive+Bloodrazor, you can't really build to counter her damage xD
Read what you said, and think if that's a good thing to have in the game


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PriorityOne

Senior Member

01-20-2012

I really hope Kayle's reworked form will return to emphasizing a carry that can build hybrid AP/AD and do well.

I did not enjoy the "Hey, let's all build ASPD/on-hit items" emphasis on her latest rework.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Morello

Lead Designer

01-20-2012
5 of 7 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateNightSalami View Post
Is she going to remain under the hybrid fighter theme? Will she keep the ult? I have mastered using that and might be sad to see it go. However if it is replaced with something equally interesting and finesse oriented I wouldn't be opposed to that.

I gues what I am asking is, will all of the experience that I have in playing her since I started league go completely to waste? And if it does, can you give me a pick me up or some hint to a warm and bright future?
Depends on which direction we go. My goal, though, is to ignore tradition and make Kayle a great character. Adhering to tradition will get you to the types of things we did last time.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Not LiteKerosene

Senior Member

01-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nullbringer View Post
Kayle reworked TWICE?

I'm not an old player, but I think this is the 1st champ that's actually getting a second rework.
this will be kayles 3rd rework.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RF Legendary

Senior Member

01-20-2012

I would just bring the old kayle back, i loved the old kayle i mained her season one in around 1700-1800`s it was something unique, something you could clutch with, something you could feel important with, good old times...