@Riot, I want YOUR input on Anivia

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Threads

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

01-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor Seth View Post
As if flashing over it wasn't enough =/
the reason flash is so popular as a spell is because it adds even more mobility.

and it is almost always used defensively as a result.
there was once a time when kassadin didn't take flash because he had lulzy mobility at level 6.

now he takes it because before level 6 everyone has better mobility than him naturally... and they have flash.

Trash AW

01-19-2012

fix her ****ing auto attack animation for the love of baby jesus

a cute melon

01-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brackhar View Post
Back when I first came to Riot, Anivia was actually among the first duties I had as a bright eyed new champion designer. She has a special place in my heart as a result, and ultimately I am really happy with how her core gameplay came out. When designing her I wanted to make a champion who would be a strong, competing choice to Annie (who was generally regarded as our best caster at the time). However, instead of making a caster based around large AoE stuns, I wanted to experiment with making a caster who could really dictate the flow and movement of team fights. Creating both her wall and her ultimate were big technical challenges back then, as we had never done anything that blocked player movement before and also had not done a toggle spell that was anything more than an aura.

Ultimately of the champions I designed she's among my favorites, and I think that I really nailed the idea of satisfaction around her skills more so than I did on some of my later champions. From a balance perspective I still feel she's in a pretty good place, and I think it's also a fairly good sign that she's had fairly few large changes to her since she was released (especially when taking into account how long she's been playable).
just fix her auto attack

Amnizu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-19-2012

i just hate the fact that EVERYTHING stops the ultimate.Then you have to wait 7 seconds of being unable to do anything..

stuns suppresions silences knock ups knock backs(seriously why do knock backs stops her ulti) everything stops it.

Defile/posion trail are fine in the sense that they have ridic low/no cooldown so you can put it on right after you turn it off.For anivia not only do you get stunned for 1.5/2 seconds but you cant use your ult for 7 seconds after the stun meaning it stretches to a 9 second cd.Pretty bad

OpticalShadow

01-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigmers View Post
Brackhar, I just came in here to say I absolutely love Anivia and thank you very much for having designed one of my favourite champions.
ill second this, before i played a single game of league anivia appealed to me, since playing so long ago, she has been my favorite champion of all time, and theres not a thing iw ould change about her.

just please, never let them make a fire skins for her, it would rob her of so much.

Brackhar

Features Designer

01-19-2012
6 of 7 Riot Posts

Hmm, since her attack animation has come up a lot I'll mention it to the animators and see if they're interested in adjusting it. It'd be low priority, but perhaps we can slot something in.

Armin

01-19-2012

Anivia is awesome.

System of Sol

01-19-2012

Quote:
Hmm, since her attack animation has come up a lot I'll mention it to the animators and see if they're interested in adjusting it. It'd be low priority, but perhaps we can slot something in.
Thank you so much. Her other weaknesses feel substantially more justified than this one. I used to play Anivia a ton and she is probably my all time favorite champion. However the slowness of the animation and how much time you have to wait before giving her another command to not cancel the attack makes it almost impossible to lane before level 6. I often have to let the other AP carry farm while I just try to keep my lane from getting pushed because they can land harass due to the slow animation.

Once I get blue on her, and especially once I get to level 6 it doesn't seem a problem so much anymore, but it still is a big point of frustration.

Kezair

01-19-2012

Quote:
We intentionally made stun and slience stop her ultimate as the alternative, leaving the skill on and draining all of your mana, felt much worse. As for the Q interaction I think not being able to time the explosion makes sense while stunned or silences makes sense from a gameplay perspective to me, personally. Adds some nice counter play.
The Q explosion makes sense, but what's the idea behind Anivia's ult cancelled during stun and silence, but Maokai/Swain's not? I think most people like it having it stay while silenced stunned, and having it drain mana also creates its own form of counterplay.

a cute melon

01-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by brackhar View Post
hmm, since her attack animation has come up a lot i'll mention it to the animators and see if they're interested in adjusting it. It'd be low priority, but perhaps we can slot something in.
thank you