What champion should I get next?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

202halffound

01-18-2012

I have 4000ish IP and I have no idea what champion to spend the IP on. I've currently bought Jax, but I'm looking for another champion that can fulfill some roles that Jax can't do.

Any suggestions?

6x0ddADpHsdk2U6W

01-18-2012

Depends where you want to lane. If you want to play top, then theres a few champions worth getting, Nasus, shyvana, irelia, gangplank, gragas, warrick, volibear, sion, singed, and then theres counter picking champions, for example if you had a singed top, you could use an AP mid preffered champion like Malzahar, it depends on what role you like playing really.

Sokar468

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-18-2012

In my mind, Jax is a tanky melee fighter that mostly counters strong AD carries. So if you want to fill a role Jax can't do, that leaves a wide range of options.

Are you still interested in melee champions? Do you want someone that can initiate a fight? Do you want a solo lane or a duo lane? Or maybe a jungler?

There are 90+ champions now so any further details will help.

Agulot

Senior Systems Administrator

01-18-2012
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Suggestions on champ is always a difficult thing to do no matter what type of champ you want to play. Choosing a champion to spend your hard earned IP on needs to be done right. If you choose one that you don't have fun with, then your upset. I recommend you try as many as possible before making that choice. Try out the free champs or try to decide what you like most about playing and post it here. More info means better suggestions.

OmniOmega

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-18-2012

I suggest that you hold onto your money and wait until you find someone you like (as in someone you enjoy playing, not necessarily someone you do well with). Before spending your hard earned IP.

Poetical

01-18-2012

Don't forget you can get Alistar and Tristana for free, as well. A couple of cheap champions that have different roles from Jax are Annie (mage) and Soraka (support), but I strongly suggest that you try a champion during their free week before making any purchases. There's no reason to rush into buying champs.

Chaingate110

01-18-2012

i personally like rumble (4800 ip) whos very good at 1v2 top and has an incredible ult
But if u dont wanna save up for 800 more buy shaco
he is relly different from jax but is very strong jungling and laning.
But i hav to say shaco is banned alot in draft pick =p