(very long) Issues that Reds have answered about Tribunal

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NecroticBinder

Senior Member

12-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Painful Dream View Post
It's posts like these that make me sick. You are admitting that even fi they don't break the summoner's code, they should still be punished BASED ON YOUR OPINION AND NOT FACT. Also, every single time I see someone reported for offensive language or verbal abuse, I pardon. You know why? Because NOWHERE in the Summoner's code does it say it is wrong to not be offensive chat wise or abusive. Also, use the ****ing god **** chat filter if you don't like cuss words. Inc. downvotes from the people who ruined the game.
I think someone's talking out of their ass. And are a little mad they got banned.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Second Movement

Senior Member

12-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Painful Dream View Post
It's posts like these that make me sick. You are admitting that even fi they don't break the summoner's code, they should still be punished BASED ON YOUR OPINION AND NOT FACT. Also, every single time I see someone reported for offensive language or verbal abuse, I pardon. You know why? Because NOWHERE in the Summoner's code does it say it is wrong to not be offensive chat wise or abusive. Also, use the ****ing god **** chat filter if you don't like cuss words. Inc. downvotes from the people who ruined the game.
From the Summoner's Code:

"Facilitate Civil Discussion

“To disagree, one doesn't have to be disagreeable.” -Barry Goldwater

As we mentioned earlier, we want you to give feedback, but being part of the community doesn’t stop there. Whether you’re in chat, in a game, or on the forums, there are plenty of people to meet, and plenty of topics to discuss. Whether you’re discussing game balance and champion viability, trying to form a premade team, or just want to express your affection for the legendary and infamous Gentleman Cho’gath, we encourage you to share your thoughts with other players.

When you choose to participate in a discussion with the rest of the playerbase, always try to be receptive to another player’s point of view. If you keep an open mind, you’d be surprised what valuable information you can glean from your fellow players. Also, be mindful of how you present your point of view. If a player feels strongly on a subject, don’t get caught up trying to have the last word. Just state your side and exit the conversation gracefully rather than give them the opportunity to pick a fight."

"Enjoy Yourself, but not at Anyone Else’s Expense

“Short is the joy that guilty pleasure brings.” -Euripides

Making games is our business, so it should come as no surprise that we want you to have a lot of fun. We want you to get excited, to have tension-filled moments, and to celebrate your success. This doesn’t mean that we’re okay with you ruining anybody else’s day.

Remember, taking a jab at your friend in the middle of the game is a lot different than making a glib remark at a complete stranger. Someone who is unfamiliar with what you consider playful may take your comment as an attack and react unfavorably. If two players on a team start fighting, good communication and teamwork become nearly impossible. Once communication breaks down, the likelihood of victory is drastically diminished. It isn’t uncommon for simple, good natured teasing to spiral out of control into a loss, so do yourself a favor and don’t run the risk of sabotaging your own success."

I would classify offensive language as breaking these two tenets of the code. Note the specification that "taking a jab at your friend in the middle of a game is a lot different than making a glib remark at a complete stranger." Sure you can throw out curses to your friends, but they don't care. When people DO care, then you're breaking the code.

Chat filter/muting exists because it allows the player to take immediate action as opposed to waiting until the end of the game to report. It is not an excuse for others to do what they want.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lord Ferret

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Painful Dream View Post
It's posts like these that make me sick. You are admitting that even fi they don't break the summoner's code, they should still be punished BASED ON YOUR OPINION AND NOT FACT. Also, every single time I see someone reported for offensive language or verbal abuse, I pardon. You know why? Because NOWHERE in the Summoner's code does it say it is wrong to not be offensive chat wise or abusive. Also, use the ****ing god **** chat filter if you don't like cuss words. Inc. downvotes from the people who ruined the game.
how about try reading the ToU you know that thing you agree to every patch. every time you play the game. the thing you agree to when you install the game.
Yeah it mentions it there. Try reading for once. IT is a helpful thing to do.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

UnDeRtAkErS

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-07-2012

this game is ruined because of the tribunal lot of players banned for no good reason. On paper they sound like fair amazing people being fair and just, but in reality its us and think about it we are there for our enjoyment. Half the post on the "Tribunal posts" are about how they just laugh people and then they ban them. Good job Riot you have taken a part of what your job use to be and just look at the info and ban them all.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Flyingbox

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnDeRtAkErS View Post
this game is ruined because of the tribunal lot of players banned for no good reason. On paper they sound like fair amazing people being fair and just, but in reality its us and think about it we are there for our enjoyment. Half the post on the "Tribunal posts" are about how they just laugh people and then they ban them. Good job Riot you have taken a part of what your job use to be and just look at the info and ban them all.
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/news/tribunal-records-16-million-votes
Only 1.4% of all players were punished.
Sure is a lot of reasonless banning.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kevmarkus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Junior Member

01-07-2012

I've been banned twice in two weeks and i really think that it's a bunch of ****. When I message Riot to find out what I did wrong, they simply tell me that "I broke the Summoner's Code!" I think the Summoner's Code is almost a paradox. How is it that one can get suspended for bad mouthing one on their team, when that ally is breaking the Summoner's Code at the same time? For the most part, the people that I get most frustrated at in game are the people doing extraordinarily ****ty plays and when I speak my word about it, I find myself on suspension. Furthermore, I don't understand how saying "gg noobs" is worthy of a suspension. The last game I played on the day of my suspension, I was simply singing music in chat. Music that had no insult value at all. Then my ally, who was playing horrific, told me to stop gloating. If you can find one part of the ZZ Top song La Grange that is in any shape or form gloat-filled, I will seriously swan dive off the Riot home building in Culver City. Besides those allies who provoke me to get suspended, I have noticed that when I look over cases inside the Tribunal system there are cases that are being listed from May of last year, and beyond. Am I really being banned for things that I did 8 months ago, before I was even suspended in the first place??? I guess I'll never find out because you employees on Riot have no other solution to why I get suspended other than I didn't follow the Summoner's Code! I've put in over a hundred dollars in Riot points to play this game and for Riot to sit around and suspend me every few times I get pissed off at someone on my team for deliberately trying to ruin my game is just beyond me. If the person I was angry at was worthy of a report, why do I also get one for their ridiculous behaviors and for their actions that "Go against the Summoner's Code!"

No where in your RP cards descriptions does it say that a user will be suspended for weeks at a time for negative actions, and for that, I want my hundred dollars back that I put into this game that I don't even get to play for half of my vacation.

Is it really worth suspending a few people that much out of line than to ban people for weeks at a time who put money into your game? You make the decision. Until then, I'll keep responding to you guys until I get a response. There are three emails that haven't been responded to since Thursday evening.

Keep up the good work Riot. Wait, I said that sarcastically. I might be going against the Summoner's Code because Riot has a policy that doesn't make any logical sense to me. Good thing I can't be suspended during my 7-day suspension.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kevmarkus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Junior Member

01-07-2012

Let me also add, I have been ignored twice in the 500 games that I have played on LoL yet I have been suspended three times. That ignore toggle seems like a pretty useful concept in a game that you can get reported for telling someone "gg noobs" in!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kevmarkus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Junior Member

01-07-2012

Wow looking back up, I can't say cra* on here without it making me look like I'm saying the s word?? I love you Riot. Making me look more and more classy than I already am!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

pasagija

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Junior Member

01-08-2012

bb


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

0pherion

Sr. Web Developer

01-17-2012
2 of 2 Riot Posts

Nice work on compiling this . This is appreciated more than you know .

Cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawGiver500 View Post
Thank you, and sorry I havent had the time to up date it. Had tons of stuff to work on in RL. Up dating this is on my to do list.

I'm happy people use and learn from this thread thats what its here for.