Vayne MS QQ unjustified

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CaptainBusta

01-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyMouth View Post
wait what: trist has a great mid game.
In what way? By mid game I'm talking like level 7-13 btw. Yeah she's strong 1-6 but she falls off comparatively to other ranged AD. The reason being she just doesn't add much to mid game (level 7-13) teamfights. Late game of course she does wonderfully because of her passive and her great scaling with her Q, but mid game she doesn't add as much as a Vayne, Sivir, Graves, Cait, Corki, Kog, Ashe, or Ezreal.

VIPx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-16-2012

I actually disagree with you Morello. There has been a LOT of different options as far as AD carries go lately. The last round of tweaks you did to make the other carries viable helped a lot. Sure Vayne and Graves still stood out a bit... but is the MS nerf really the right nerf for Vayne? Why not hit her damage a bit more instead of taking away what makes her unique?

Hidden Sniper

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veretes Mortem View Post
I've noticed this, and it's kind of depressing that other AD carries like Ashe and Urgot are so over shadowed by the current popular choices. I think this is a bigger problem for Ashe than it is for Urgot. Urgot at least has some interesting abilities and some upsides. Everything Ashe does, except for her slow and her ult seem really weak.
With Ashe, it's called having two ults, one that grants vision for 5 seconds, one is a skillshot stun.
I've always hated hawkshot for that cooldown, I'm so demotivated to level it past 1... xD

Morello

Lead Designer

01-16-2012
6 of 6 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastosus11 View Post
If ranged DPS burst is such a problem, why was graves touched so lightly?
May not be enough - we'll be watching this one for sure.

CloudCarry

01-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainBusta View Post
In what way? By mid game I'm talking like level 7-13 btw. Yeah she's strong 1-6 but she falls off comparatively to other ranged AD. The reason being she just doesn't add much to mid game (level 7-13) teamfights. Late game of course she does wonderfully because of her passive and her great scaling with her Q, but mid game she doesn't add as much as a Vayne, Sivir, Graves, Cait, Corki, Kog, Ashe, or Ezreal.
shes not weak mid game because you should have a decent amount of AD by then and be fed..
not to mention having a few points in your q already melts face mid game.

Chips and Tea

01-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Vayne has been the dominant carry consistently for a long time - this is obvious. Her power is disallowing most other carries to even come into play right now.
Sivir owns vayne.

VIPx

01-16-2012

Quote:
Lightly? Since release they've hit his Q so hard it's half of what it once was lol.

Opux

01-16-2012

Quote:
Can you please respond to the question posed by almost every post on page 3, instead of ignoring it?

Flamell

01-16-2012

Doesn't Vayne trade utility for damage. She has very little utility. Not only that she has no AOE ability. Sivir by example has 2 AOE abilities as well as an AOE stat steroid, and having essentially the same passive if not a little bit better. Vayne should in a one vs one situation do more damage to Sivir and win the engagement, since all she has is single target damage. This is only one comparison and I will probably get down voted for it, and I could be wrong in my assessment but that's how I see it.

CloudCarry

01-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIPx View Post
I actually disagree with you Morello. There has been a LOT of different options as far as AD carries go lately. The last round of tweaks you did to make the other carries viable helped a lot. Sure Vayne and Graves still stood out a bit... but is the MS nerf really the right nerf for Vayne? Why not hit her damage a bit more instead of taking away what makes her unique?
this i think would be the end of vayne play at any level.. taking her damage any further down from what it's already been nerfed to would completely ruin the champion design.
in my best morello voice:

"We feel we've made the right change in this regard: where we were seeing it was a little too easy for vayne to stick to a target once she picked one and there wasn't much counterplay involved .

Now vayne players will have to be a little more careful with their positioning or run the risk of being kited by the enemy

These changes while aimed at making her less of a hyper-carry powerhouse late game will not significantly effect her early game.
There's been a lot of speculation on the topic of whether or not vayne should be nerfed: the numbers don't lie. Vayne has consistently been the top AD carry for a while now and we feel this nerf significantly addresses that problem, without ruining the dmg output that vayne players have gotten used to.
You should see a little less vayne play overall, but the very best vayne players will still find a way to stand out and contribute to their team.
I'm Phreak and thankyou for tuning in to this week's patch preview"