Vayne MS QQ unjustified

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CaptainBusta

01-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Agreed. You'll probably see this slowly come down a bit over time (and will be avoided on future champions).
Very nice to hear this Morello. Not sure if you'll answer this, but how does Riot feel about role balance right now? As in, do you think any role has too little or too much influence on the game currently? I'd personally like to see casters put back into the spotlight (like they were around dreamhack) but I guess I'm a bit biased since I play them lol.

Bloodpaly

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-16-2012

Quote:
This is just a poor analysis of the situation. Vayne has a ton of tools to escape/chase, great burst, and strong steroids. Vayne has a multitude of strengths that are typically unavailable to ranged carries.
You just described Tristana perfectly also...

CloudCarry

01-16-2012

Quote:
This is just a poor analysis of the situation. Vayne has a ton of tools to escape/chase, great burst, and strong steroids. Vayne has a multitude of strengths that are typically unavailable to ranged carries.
well said: everyone says shes so squishy: just focus her.. well ranged carries ARE squishy yes, but what they failed to mention in that statement was that she's squishy and just happens to have three to four things that no other ranged carry has*save corki or twitch* which is a stun, an auto-attack resetting ability, (true dmg) and stealth.

vaynes kit has been seen as being the best of them all and I wonder what would make them put all of these mechanics on a ranged carry: but then when she got the first nerf she actaully became my favorite champion.

i hardly play release champions for the pure fact that i dont want myself to get used to their damage at a different level..(*one of the reasons i stopped playing fizz so much when he came out)

lets hope sejuani is as broken as vayne was on release.

Hidden Sniper

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-16-2012

Quote:
Vayne has been the dominant carry consistently for a long time - this is obvious. Her power is disallowing most other carries to even come into play right now.
But you nerf carries like Cait who have more range than Vayne, because they have more range... I don't get it. If you nerf Cait, Kog, Corki, (insert name of any ranged carry here), of course they will be weaker.

How about buffing like ranged, who are weaker... Instead of like the fourth round of nerfs on Vayne and a rotating nerf on ranged carries. Since I've joined you've nerfed every single one of them. I mean really, at this point you might as well say she's toxic and remove her. She needs movespeed because of her squishiness and her range. Plus, people already complain that she can't farm without being harassed to death by another ranged carry, seems to come out of nowhere.

CaptainBusta

01-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodpaly View Post
Not at all and I'm guessing you don't play her. Trist has burst early game and sustained late game. In between she has nothing. Worst mid game ranged AD.

hashinshin

01-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodpaly View Post
You attack tristana. She rocket jumps away. You keep attacking, she dies.

You attack vayne. She stealths. You kee- she stealths. You- She stealths. Then- she stuns you. And then you use your ultim- she stealths.

Morello

Lead Designer

01-16-2012
4 of 6 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainBusta View Post
Very nice to hear this Morello. Not sure if you'll answer this, but how does Riot feel about role balance right now? As in, do you think any role has too little or too much influence on the game currently? I'd personally like to see casters put back into the spotlight (like they were around dreamhack) but I guess I'm a bit biased since I play them lol.
My big beef is that full tanks have a bit of overlap with Fighters. This is why we ensured Sejuani had some solid tank-specific qualities and avoided the damage potential of a Fighter, instead of straddling that line.

I also haven't been happy with the lack of Ranged DPS diversity (Vayne, Cait, Graves).

butterzxz

01-16-2012

vayne hasnt been the top carry for a while now wtf

Brakx

01-16-2012

Before, it was almost impossible to get away from Vayne without summoners. I feel like these changes will put her in a better spot. Time will tell though. Honestly, I feel like she will almost always have a spot in a lineup as a result of true damage. These changes haven't changed her ability to hyper carry late game.

Morello

Lead Designer

01-16-2012
5 of 6 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hashinshin View Post
You attack tristana. She rocket jumps away. You keep attacking, she dies.

You attack vayne. She stealths. You kee- she stealths. You- She stealths. Then- she stuns you. And then you use your ultim- she stealths.
And she tears up other carries in raw damage, but doesn't have enough heavy disadvantages to pay for that strength (where, say, Kog does).