Vayne MS QQ unjustified

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Shank

01-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Agreed. You'll probably see this slowly come down a bit over time (and will be avoided on future champions).
but that's why I love Graves so much! It is probably necessary...

LittleMewMew

01-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fentonation View Post
But dude shes squishier than every other ranged carry so prenerf Vayne gave her high reward and risk. Vaynes designed to be a kill trader and now she will be that even more with these nerfs.
Kog'Maw says hi.

ButchMcLargeHuge

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-16-2012

Quote:
Vayne has been the dominant carry consistently for a long time - this is obvious. Her power is disallowing most other carries to even come into play right now.
Sure, but you nerfed the WRONG part about her. That's what's infuriating. There was no reason to decrease her MS.

Gaara 0fThe Funk

01-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shank View Post
Have you guys on the balance team considered giving her a new W? This could allow you to undo many of these nerfs. How come you guys allowed % true damage into the game anyways, it sounds like a broken concept and against your design goals because it is impossible to itemize against.
Her W is only a major damage source on noob 3 PD no AD vayne and against super tanky targets, which she shouldn't be targeting anyway.

FrontlinerDelta

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-16-2012

Quote:
Vayne has been the dominant carry consistently for a long time - this is obvious. Her power is disallowing most other carries to even come into play right now.
I fail to see how Vayne is any more dominant than Graves though and this patch it's pretty clear who got nerfed and who got tweaked.

As a Vayne player I'll admit her burst is strong and her stealth was probably too long.

But her passive? I don't understand this nerf at all. Could you elaborate on why this was nerfed Morello?

Usually you have good reasons, but they're just not apparent to me.

Hipster Barista

01-16-2012

Quote:
I don't think her base movespeed has anything to do with it. LoL. Wtf? Already one of the slowest in the game, now tied for the slowest champion in the game. And she's an agile night hunter? Kk... Makes tons of sense.

I'll do your job for you. Here's a tip, and I'll give it away for free. Vayne is OP because of the amount of bonus AD on her ultimate, and how well she scales into late game. It has nothing to do with her base move speed. Her early game laning is actually weak compared to the other popular AD's.

Opux

01-16-2012

Quote:
Can you please take a look at the Vayne nerfs? She already gets pooped on in lane, and has the shortest effective range out of all of the AD carries (her auto attack vs all the poke every other carry has). Her movement, chasing, and how hard she was to pin down was what defined her.

There is no reason to pick her over anyone else now. Take away damage but don't take away utility, as these sort of changes hit the hardest in ways you cannot expect.

Ken34

01-16-2012

Quote:
Agreed. You'll probably see this slowly come down a bit over time (and will be avoided on future champions).
I can agree with you, but why the MS nerf? its unique to vayne, that and her passive, its what makes her the ultimate clean up carry.

The Shank

01-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaara 0fThe Funk View Post
Her W is only a major damage source on noob 3 PD no AD vayne and against super tanky targets, which she shouldn't be targeting anyway.
8% of 3k life if 240, it isn't hard to get 3 hits off when poking at the tanky champions late game.

Morello

Lead Designer

01-16-2012
3 of 6 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fentonation View Post
But dude shes squishier than every other ranged carry so prenerf Vayne gave her high reward and risk. Vaynes designed to be a kill trader and now she will be that even more with these nerfs.
This is just a poor analysis of the situation. Vayne has a ton of tools to escape/chase, great burst, and strong steroids. Vayne has a multitude of strengths that are typically unavailable to ranged carries.