@Morello

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Shank

01-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
This is actually more the direction we'll be heading, both in new champion creation and live balance.

A lot of really great utility spells don't need damage, but some have it anyway (Smoke Screen is a great example). Our new direction is to avoid mechanical overload, instead preferring to make the ability more sexy in the area it excels.

A really nice thing about releasing content so regularly is that we can course-correct based on things we see happening in the live game. I have a thread where I talk more about our plans in 2012 for this stuff, but its buried somewhere in the forums.

I would love to think this is the case. If this is true, why didn't you just nerf graves by removing smoke screen damage? Also you've been saying this since Irelia, when will you finally implement this?

The Shank

01-16-2012

bump

Morello

Lead Designer

01-16-2012
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shank View Post
I would love to think this is the case. If this is true, why didn't you just nerf graves by removing smoke screen damage? Also you've been saying this since Irelia, when will you finally implement this?
Because this isn't actually contributing as much to his power as the things we did change. We wanted the nerf to be effective, though the damage on Smoke Screen is something I'd like to remove (and give something else) when he's more stabilized.

It's implimented on Sejauni and future champions. Live will fall in line with this slowly, but surely (don't wanna throw the game on its head in one swoop).

The Shank

01-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Because this isn't actually contributing as much to his power as the things we did change. We wanted the nerf to be effective, though the damage on Smoke Screen is something I'd like to remove (and give something else) when he's more stabilized.

It's implimented on Sejauni and future champions. Live will fall in line with this slowly, but surely (don't wanna throw the game on its head in one swoop).
Thank you for answering! That makes sense

Oracle1

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-16-2012

Sir McTrolington

01-16-2012

Promised changes since irelia? Better nerf irelia

LeFondler

01-16-2012

morello shows his face on the forums...