Jozrael's FAQ

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

hohums

Software Engineer

07-15-2010
15 of 18 Riot Posts

I'm sorry... I just had to post here as this thread seems lonely without a red next to it...

Also great post

Jozrael

QA Analyst

Follow Jozrael on Twitter

07-24-2010
16 of 18 Riot Posts

<3 you hohums

NoHH

08-13-2010

Im trying to log into the game, but it keeps telling me that the combination between username and pass is wrong!! WTF?! Ive just bought riot points the other day, so im getting a little bit nervous, as everything was fine until i spent some money on the game...
I changed my pass to a new one, i can log here, but not in the game. This is no good, please someone help..

Delinquent Panda

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-16-2010

Not sure if this is adress elsewhere or not but when I clickt he store tab nothing comes up at all, not even an error

Ragmon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-17-2010

I would add some questions for the forums too like.
How do i add a poll to a tread im making?
(no seriusly how? awaiting answer)

Jozrael

QA Analyst

08-20-2010
17 of 18 Riot Posts

At the bottom, under additional options, there is a checkbox next to 'post a poll'. Does this answer your question?

Jozrael

QA Analyst

08-20-2010
18 of 18 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoHH View Post
Im trying to log into the game, but it keeps telling me that the combination between username and pass is wrong!! WTF?! Ive just bought riot points the other day, so im getting a little bit nervous, as everything was fine until i spent some money on the game...
I changed my pass to a new one, i can log here, but not in the game. This is no good, please someone help..
E-mail support@riotgames.com, and I apologize in advance about the delay that you will experience atm as they are deluged in tickets.

Abedeus

08-20-2010

Since you are in this thread, Jozrael - any news on the Paypal problem? When choosing an option to pay with Paypal and entering our e-mail and password, I only see a white page with a box on the left saying how much I want to pay. No buttons to press, no informations at all.

Feralera

08-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozrael View Post
TABLE OF CONTENTS

Forums
(Avatars and usergroups)
PVP.net (Elo and matchmaking)
Running LoL (Operating systems, minimum system requirements, Hotkeys)
Currency and Purchases (XP/IP for normal/practice games, purchase problems and refunds)
Accounts and Servers (Name changes, transferring between servers, Asian server)
Punishments (Pursuing disciplinary action, bans, and leaves)
Miscellaneous (Offline/LAN play, screenshots)
Bugs, Errors, and Crashes

1/2010: support@riotgames.com has a current backlog of roughly 2-3 days. Please be patient and courteous as they deal with many hundreds of e-mails per day.
The Frequently Posted Topics thread has useful information on Riot policy and other common threads.
Encased Shadow has a fantastic Riot Policy thread as well.

FORUMS

“What do the different avatars/usergroups represent?”
Red Riot: These are the Developers. They are the most knowledgeable and are the only usergroup to have power over you, the player. They wield the almighty banhammer, so be good for goodness’ sake.
Fabulous Purple Council: These players advise Riot on the current state of competitive LoL and how to improve it. They acquire this status through exceptional skill, keen insight on the metagame, running a league that sponsors LoL, chairing a sponsored team, or otherwise benefiting the competitive scene.
Green Emissaries: These players go above and beyond to help the LoL community as a whole prosper. They are active on the forums and promote LoL in various capacities.
Blue Adjudicators: These players have been involved with LoL since very early in the closed beta where their assistance was invaluable. New Adjudicators acquire this status through especially helpful Test Realm feedback.
Orange Wrenchmen: These players have invested time on the Help & Support board solving a variety of issues.
Friend of Urf: These players have placed in the April 2010 contest honoring the death of Urf.

An ungrouped forumite begins as a Junior Member. 30 posts net him Member status, and 100 Senior Member.

Note: for additional forum Tips & Tricks (including seeing a real time stream of posting, an easy collection of all recent Riot posts, and other goodies), check out ES's thread.

PVP.NET

“How does Elo/matchmaking work?”
I’m glad you asked. Here's another.

RUNNING LOL

"Can I play League of Legends on a Mac?”
Please try Bootcamp. Most Mac players have success with it. Riot is currently working with another company on creating a Mac client, slated for later this year.
“Can I play League of Legends on Linux?”
LoL does not support Linux at this time. For now you will have to create a Windows partition. This thread logs progress on making LoL compatible with Wine.

“What are the minimum System Requirements to run LoL?”
I’m glad you asked.

"What hotkeys are in LoL?"
You can set your own hotkeys in LoL, however the defaults are listed here. Thanks to ES.

CURRENCY AND PURCHASES

"Why did I earn __ XP/IP for this normal game?"
-Base win XP/IP is ~100, base loss XP/IP is 70.
-Wins gain up to ~16 extra IP from quicker games, losses up to ~11 from longer ones.
-A string of games without a leaver mark will build up to a ~23 IP bonus for wins, and a ~11 IP bonus for losses.
-A XP or IP boost doubles the respective above rewards for its duration.
-On your first win of the day you will earn a bonus ~150 XP/IP. There is a 22 hour timer after the end of your last FWotD before you are eligible to earn another.
-If a game is over in 10 minutes or less it counts as a draw. Neither team receives XP/IP, nor a win, loss, or leaver mark. This is to prevent abuse.
-Practice games function slightly differently; please see below.
-Twisted Treeline now awards only 78% base rewards as a temporary solution. In the future summoners will earn rewards prorated on the length of the game they were in.

"Why did I earn __ XP/IP for this practice game?"
-Practice games are subject to the above rules, and have a 10% reduction applied to the total XP/IP reward. This is to discourage abuse.
-If the total number of Champions at the start of the game is uneven, neither team receives XP/IP. Bots count the same as humans. This is to discourage XP/IP farming.
-Accounts with Summoner level 1-10 receive XP/IP for an unlimited amount of practice games per day. Accounts with Summoner level 11-30 receive XP/IP rewards on at most 6 practice games per day. This is to encourage established accounts to use the matchmaking system to find suitable opponents. There is some dispute as to how the timer on these functions.

"I'm having a problem with my Collector’s Pack purchase."
Please keep in mind that there are two servers you can buy a CP for: US and EU. For the foreseeable future, transfers of any kind between these two servers are impossible. If you purchased your CP at retail, you should have received two codes redeemable in the in-game Store: a game code and a RP card with a separate code. These should be clearly legible. The most common cause of a code not working is entering it on the wrong server. If this does not help you, please contact support@riotgames.com and include as much detail as you can about both your account and purchase.

"I'm having a problem with the ingame Store."
Did your Store session end? Please allow cookies.
Did the Store ask you to resend data? You probably didn’t enter the right CVS; it’s the three-digit number on the back of a credit card.
Did the Store give a system error? For this or any other Store issue, please e-mail support@riotgames.com.

“I’d like a refund.”
For whatever reason, please e-mail support@riotgames.com.

ACCOUNTS AND SERVERS

“Why was my name changed?”
A fellow player found it offensive and Riot agreed.

“How can I get my name changed?”
If Riot changed your name or you accidentally put your real name as your summoner name, please send an e-mail to support@riotgames.com and they should be able to accommodate you. For other requests I recommend creating a new account; Riot generally doesn’t grant other name change requests.

“How do I transfer my account/purchase between servers?”
Unfortunately, it is impossible to transfer ANYTHING between servers under any circumstances. This includes accounts, purchased unlocks, special skins, etc. Please be sure you upgrade accounts only when you are sure you wish to play on that server.

"When is the Asian server coming?"
Unknown ETA, it may be a long while (many months, a year, totally unknown). It will come eventually.

PUNISHMENTS

“This horrible person did something terrible. Punish them!”
The forums are not the place for this sort of issue; Riot prefers players did not air their laundry in public. Naming players in public is especially discouraged, and may be cause for disciplinary action. Please send all similar requests to harassment@riotgames.com. Screenshots are very helpful in these cases. While Riot may not take action from a single instance depending on its severity, repeat complaints from diverse groups of players result in heavier disciplinary action, up to and including a joint IP ban and total account ban.

“I’ve been banned!”
There are several types of bans. Hopefully you received an e-mail from Riot with the terms of your ban and its cause. Ban may be on the forums, game, or both, depending on where the offending behavior occurred. They are generally temporary but can range in time from hours to a week to many months. Do not attempt to circumvent your ban in any way by using other accounts, for much harsher penalties may result. If you feel your ban was made unjustly, please send a (polite, for your own good) e-mail to support@riotgames.com. Attempting to circumvent IP bans placed to combat ban dodging may result in Riot taking legal action against you.

“I have a leaver mark. Can it be removed?”
A leaver mark is earned by not being present at the end of a game, whether through the destruction of a Nexus or surrender. It is earned whether you ragequit, disconnected, or had connection issues at the start of the game that did not prevent it from initiating (even if you never connected at all). It is earned whether intentional or not, whether it was entirely out of your control, and even if it was entirely Riot’s fault (this is exceedingly rare). Unfortunately, Riot cannot remove your leaver mark at this time under any circumstances whatsoever. This is not a ‘will not’, this is a ‘does not have the capability to actually edit that statistic of a Summoner’s account’
Therefore, if you are currently experiencing an issue that awards leaver marks to your profile, the best advice is to limit yourself to practice games until it is resolved.
For now, a leaver mark is merely cosmetic. In the future when Riot’s Reputation System is implemented, the matchmaker will attempt to match Summoners with a large percentage of leaver marks with one another. Riot will (probably simultaneously) include a leaver forgiveness program, where long periods of time with no earned leaver marks will result in a reduction in your leaver marks. It is unclear whether the mark on your record will actually decrease or if the matchmaker will simply forget about some of them.

MISCELLANEOUS

"Can I play offline?"
No. Riot has not, and probably will not ever include an offline option: this includes traditional LANs. You can still play with others on the same connection; you will just need one that can support all of you.

"How do I take a screenshot?"
Press F12, not PrtSc. The screenshot will be placed inside your Riot Games/League of Legends/game folder, in the format ScreenX.tga.

BUGS, ERRORS, and CRASHES

For all of the above, please check out the Wrenchmen’s Toolbox.
How do i get into the Test Realm?

Woodymane

09-03-2010

Hello im not sure if this is the right spot but i have became a fan on Facebook a long time ago when it was advertising for the Tristana skin but i have not yet recieved it can you plz help