I've read that F12 takes screenshots?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GeneralCroissant

01-15-2012

So i've been trying to figure out how to take a screenshot in LoL's launcher. From things like character select menus to pictures of various skins or games where I did horrendously bad so I can laugh at myself.

Now, i've read that F12 is supposed to take screenshots and F12 appears to sometimes take screenshots while in an actual game. However, F12 doesn't function as a screenshot button when you're not in an actual game.

I suppose Ctrl + Print Screen would be the obvious answer. However, this also is inconsistent patch to patch apparently (I know what you're going to say, video driver, but i've run on the same video driver for over a month now). Last patch, if I used Ctrl + Print Screen for this purpose (to take screenshots of the launcher), despite having the launcher clearly as the focus window on top of everything, it would just save my desktop on to my clipboard as if LoL wasn't actually running as if to lol at me (lol - feel free to hit me for that).

Any ideas?

Running Win 7 64 + GTX 460.

ddoe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-15-2012

I just click print screne and paste onto paint then save it. and theres my picture lol.

Son Golin

Player Support Technical Lead

01-15-2012
1 of 1 Riot Posts

That's quite weird, did you make sure to look for your screenshots in the following: C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\Screenshots

If you have no screenshots there, can you go to this folder C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS\solutions\lol_game_client_sln\release s\0.0.0.104\deploy\DATA\CFG and then drop the file I've attached (input.txt) into that folder?

Next, I'll need you to open that file, go to File > Save As... and then change Save as type: to All files and File name: input.ini and then click Save.

Afterwards restart your client, go to a Custom Game and see if F12 takes a screenshot. If you continue to have this issue, please contact us at our support site via http://support.leagueoflegends.com/

Lazdaa

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-15-2012

I Just use fraps...

Kurakresh

01-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son Golin View Post
That's quite weird,
The OP's asking about taking a screenshot with F12 outside of a game (on the PVP.net client).

J4CKAL

01-15-2012

so adding that alows us to jsut tap f12? and it auto saves a screenshot in game?

GeneralCroissant

01-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son Golin View Post
That's quite weird, did you make sure to look for your screenshots in the following: C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\Screenshots

If you have no screenshots there, can you go to this folder C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS\solutions\lol_game_client_sln\release s\0.0.0.104\deploy\DATA\CFG and then drop the file I've attached (input.txt) into that folder?

Next, I'll need you to open that file, go to File > Save As... and then change Save as type: to All files and File name: input.ini and then click Save.

Afterwards restart your client, go to a Custom Game and see if F12 takes a screenshot. If you continue to have this issue, please contact us at our support site via http://support.leagueoflegends.com/
I'm able to take a screenshot while inside a game so starting a custom game will indeed result in a screenshot. The screenshot folder has 1 screenshot in it.

I was attempting to get a screenshot of the PvP.net client (or launcher or whatever it is we call it).

Though, related to this, the screenshot folder does seem to only be able to hold a single screenshot since every time I attempt to take a screenshot from inside the custom game it simply continually overwrites Screen01.

Diskings

01-15-2012

Good thing riot's attention is being drawn to someone who's SCREENSHOTS aren't working properly when there have been COUNTLESS threads/posts about HUGE FPS problems in game for over 2 weeks, yet nobody has said a word.

(Not to take away from your screenshot issues, I hope you get it fixed, but Riot prioritizing this over unplayable FPS issues for LOTS of players is pretty ridiculous.)

Masandre

01-15-2012

Out of game i just hit PrntScr and then open it in paint

RoflMyPancakes

01-15-2012

Alt + Print Screen will take the current window and put it in your clip board.

Open pain and ctr+v (paste) it in and save the image.