Sejuani and female champs

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kiddalee

Senior Member

01-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgonzo View Post
^ or its what the audience as a majority wants and when i say majority i mean like 90%, so if somethign is that popular doesnt it cease to be degrading and rather be the norm. i really dont understand this hate for beauty i understand you say its an objectified image of beauty but to give anything the title of beautiful is to objectify it as something that you yourself can make an opinion on.
It's not hate for beauty. It's the movie industry that hates anything but oversexualization.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgonzo View Post
and Salt and Hannah were both horrible movies sooooooo bad, and if angelina jolie doesnt try he hardest to be a *** symbol i dunno who does, at least sucker punch had a snece of wonder to it.
Wow. To each his own I guess? Just because Angelina tries to be sexy in most of what she does, doesn't mean her character, Salt, is sexualized. The character is more important than the actor, here. I was refreshed to find a capable woman who was dressed.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sgonzo

Senior Member

01-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddalee View Post
Gender roles are one thing, but for those to be equal, they must both be respected. Feminine gender roles are not respected. If you want women to continue to take on feminine roles, value those roles.

In societies in which women have limited roles, nobody listens to women speak, rape is more common, and infant death rates are higher. If society will stop mistreating women who live according to tradition, then fewer women will want to break tradition. This could possibly be "equal" and not "the same."

I dispute your underlying argument that men and women are so different. Most of it is still nurture, and studies are not done finding more evidence that we are more similar than we thought.
^ i went over your head im not talking bout gender specific things, i was talking bout human beings in general, we were having an arguement on equality and lack thereof in our world because no equality exists in real life.

now if we are talking about gender equality in LoL its there, evil girls and guys, yougn girls and guys, no old women but we dont know how old mrogana or kayle are or evelyn so who knows maybe they are thousands of years old, and all the men fit an archetype that should be attractive to females just like they have slim female models bigger hipped female models slim with large breast slim with little to no breasts and all the skins in between the character models are so diverse its amazing

anmd just for thought sona wears the most classy garb out of all the ladies of LoL and still people are ripping on her from cleavage wtf? muse son = goddess of greece looks accurate to me i dont see how making sure she has small breasts at all helps or hinders the artwork so why even argue with it? all the other sonas are dressed relatively the same dresses with a cleavage showing but isnt that how every woman goign to a formal event dresses?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Joshthor

Senior Member

01-13-2012

it annoys me when people take this stance. honestly. its a game. it is all based on the view of the person playing it. by making a point of saying "OMFG sexualized character" you are just making it a defining point of who the character is. I could say "OMFG pantheon is almost naked, what a man *****" and i would get only LOLs, but since its a female character it is relevant somehow.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Iamgonnatroll

Senior Member

01-13-2012

Because being fat is better than being too thin?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kiddalee

Senior Member

01-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshthor View Post
it annoys me when people take this stance. honestly. its a game. it is all based on the view of the person playing it. by making a point of saying "OMFG sexualized character" you are just making it a defining point of who the character is. I could say "OMFG pantheon is almost naked, what a man *****" and i would get only LOLs, but since its a female character it is relevant somehow.
No, not since it's a female character. Since it's -every- female character.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tepin

Senior Member

01-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddalee View Post
No, not since it's a female character. Since it's -every- female character.
There is a wide variety of female champs in this game. You are being overly dramatic in that statement.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kiddalee

Senior Member

01-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tepin View Post
There is a wide variety of female champs in this game. You are being overly dramatic in that statement.
You are right. I am being overly dramatic. However, there is a lot less female variety than male variety.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

UberMEOW

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tepin View Post
There is a wide variety of female champs in this game. You are being overly dramatic in that statement.
I wouldn't say there's a wide variety but I wouldn't say there's no variety.

This game really needs more champs like Kog'Maw and Rammus who aren't part of the Human Archetype. Especially female versions like Anivia seeing as she's the only Female champ who isn't human like (except Nid and Shy to a lesser extent).

All in all definitely need more variety when it comes to female champions. The Ashe body style is getting old.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tepin

Senior Member

01-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberMEOW View Post
I wouldn't say there's a wide variety but I wouldn't say there's no variety.

This game really needs more champs like Kog'Maw and Rammus who aren't part of the Human Archetype. Especially female versions like Anivia seeing as she's the only Female champ who isn't human like (except Nid and Shy to a lesser extent).

All in all definitely need more variety when it comes to female champions. The Ashe body style is getting old.
That's another thing that drives me nuts. How does Ashe shoot a bow without hurting herself? I agree that it's not my favorite, but if it's the most profitable I don't blame them.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

UberMEOW

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tepin View Post
That's another thing that drives me nuts. How does Ashe shoot a bow without hurting herself? I agree that it's not my favorite, but if it's the most profitable I don't blame them.
I don't really mind the "Ashe" look but I would like to see more anivia style champs both male and female. Sejuani is close but they still need more.