Sejuani and female champs

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Maikky

01-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by YamiBelgarath View Post
1) The majority of horseback riders are skinny, male and female but especially female. I used to work at a stables in Arizona, and believe me the women were skinny as poles. Yes, they had intense core muscles- but those didn't change their skinniness, and you really could only see them when they were riding. Let's be honest: you can't tell whether or not the new champion has a six-pack or not from that picture. tl;dr: She isn't unrealistic, just doesn't wear much clothes.

2) I think you are severely over stating the size of breast of quite a few champions. Many, like Caitlyn, Irelia, LeBlanc, Lux, Morgana, and Vayne have perfectly normal sized breasts for their body type. Are their body types themselves unrealistic? Perhaps. But not really, or at least not by much- and to be perfectly frank, theirs is a body type many women should prefer to the feminist-endorsed BBW stereotype which is not really all that health for the woman. No, I'm not advertising emaciation, but for crying out loud being big does not mean being beautiful, and there's a reason skinny is considered beautiful in many cultures- because it is healthy, and that leads to positive connotations. A healthy wife is someone who can be with you for all your days- a larger wife, who has more likelihood of high cholesterol and blood pressure among a thousand other problems, is much less durable. tl;dr: League of Legends women, with some exceptions (and maybe 5 exceptions is certainly not unreasonable) are realistic and reasonable.

3) Don't say that gender is an issue here. We have Ezreal, who is widely acclaimed for being easily confused between a tomboy and a legit guy, we have more male than female yordles, 90% of the "evil" characters (there's Morgana on the female side, and then Malzahar, the void creatures, Vladimir, the Noxian people, Shaco, Nocturne, Mordekaiser just to name a few on the male side), and then there are the unreasonable male characters: basically Pantheon, Kassadin, Nasus, Master Yi, etc who all have perfect bodies. So basically, male is just as messed up as female- don't go complaining about the female characters pretending they get all the stereotypes, because just as many if not more occur on the female end.

tl;dr: On the whole, Riot has done an amazing job keeping gender reasonably balanced and keeping the models for the characters rational and translatable to the real world, especially for a video game, and no one really has the right to complain.
1. False, completely untrue bah .

2. Its a game, you completely missed the point of this thread, which is completely understandable because bahs can't really read .

Kiddalee

01-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deansington View Post
There are more types of women in LoL than you realize. They aren't ALL small, frail, and busty. I mean you have Poppy, Tristana, Annie, and hell, you even have a ROBOT! How much more diversity do you need?
Those. Aren't. Women.

Raptoreyes

01-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cire Umbra View Post
Exactly.
Less caring about her look, more caring about how her kit fairs in game.

Yes worst case she could turn into another Caitylin who needed so many patch buffs to become desired as a champ. Or worse La' Blanc at release oh god that was so OP.

MagicMyshu

01-13-2012

OMGosh the dudes in this game are just as naked as the females!! wtf are you BLIND!?!?

Look at Ryze on the header of the this forum page, he has no shirt!! and he's not the only one!

Maikky

01-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon Bright View Post
Argh, I hate threads like this. I'm so tired of the idea that it's somehow bad or wrong or blah blah blah for women to look appealing--particularly in a game.

I wouldn't mind some more body types, mind you, but more in the realm of seeing more slender, lithe champs with smaller bust sizes than something along the lines of a female Gragas just for some stupid attempt at "equality."

Look. Men aren't sexy. I'm saying this as a girl, mind you. Women, they're works of art. They're hot. There is nothing wrong with attractive female champs, ever.
Saying your a girl is completely irrelevant but people like you seem to think thats a smart choice of word .

No one every said nothing wrong with attractive females there is something wrong with using the same template over and over again .

I need to stop trying to explain this to people like you, its clear you guys have some kinda comprehension problem or just can't read in general .

Kiddalee

01-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deansington View Post
In all seriousness though, i would like to address a game that stepped out of the box for a moment. Everyone remember Left 4 Dead 2? In the first game, Zoe was widely accepted and was a popular choice to play as. In the second game, they decided to delve outside the typically casted female type and create Rachelle. While she is no different in terms of gameplay, she was not nearly as well received in the gaming community. It has been proven time and time again that the stereotype works and it sells. Deviations will occur, but the marketing risk is considerably high.
Karma seems to have the same problem as Rachelle. But when media avoids breaking the mould once in a while, they are not being neutral to social standards. Rather, they are enforcing them.

BH Immortalis

01-13-2012

Pretty much every champion from the north is "selective" about their clothing/armor, not sure why there's so much fuss about Sejuani.

Let's ignore the fact that a woman has the honor of being the first mounted champion, let's just QQ about something for the sake of QQing.

Skytro

01-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loc View Post
It's not a terribly good reason, though. The obvious answer would be that they want to pander to the 18-35 male demographic that dominates gaming culture. But this is a terrible reason to stick to this "standardized female physique." It's insulting and alienating for women (and some men like myself), it's kind of juvenile, and it's more than a little sad that the developers don't think players will like a female character unless she's packing double Ds.
k, but you have to get rid of the standard male stereotype in video games as well (exluding gragas, but you guys have annie and poppy so its fine)

UberMEOW

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-13-2012

I think the point of this is that in general the female champions look far too similar. Honestly I don't think cup size is a problem I think it's the lack of variation in female champions. There are far less female champions that aren't part of the "human female" group. Where as male champions there are quite a few who aren't part of a specific group. Here are a few good examples of male champions that break the mold. Trundle, Urgot, Fiddlesticks, Fizz, Kog'Maw, Nocturne, Twitch, and a few others. For female champions we have Anivia and to a lesser extent Nidalee and Shyvanna. Other than that most female champions are pretty much human females. I'd like to see more female yordles and female champs that are similar to Twitch, Rammus and Kog'Maw, though it's harder to differentiate male and female with those 3 it would still be interesting. Instead of having another Ashe.

Bump N Grind

01-13-2012

So far I generally like how the women look. Tough girls like Irelia have armor-type looks while the sexy frail ones like Janna are more revealing. The only model I really REALLY just can't stand looking at right now is Classic Sivir....I mean seriously, she might as well be naked. She makes Janna look like a nun! Especialy with her ashe hanging out like that, the back of her garment looks like a string.