Sejuani and female champs

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kiddalee

01-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getjiggywithit2 View Post
I don't mean to sound ignorant but I don't get why the appearances of video games characters are so important to some people. I'd play a fat or thin female as long as I enjoy their play style. What bothers me more is how people feel like they have to be ultra fit and sexy irl because of the way we get celebrities and their perfect physiques rammed down our throats at every opportunity. You can't win a talent show or sell records these days unless you're talented and sexy and that bothers me more than the females in LoL. Besides, as someone said there is a reason for the champions all looking a certain way. There is no reason that we all need to look gorgeous just to walk down the street.
But many feel that LoL is yet another form of media encouraging female audiences to look a certain way.

Raptoreyes

01-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragafoo View Post
Very informative and revealing.

/wall of questions

I am curious how does global ethnicity and a skin color play into this conceptual ideal? Is this ideal figure based on the majority of what players like or what artists like? Is it based on what the artists is comfortable with? (E.G. More diverse artists = More diverse art exclusively?) Is the ideal based on what will sell better? I was wondering with all the female champions in game would see much more diversity in form, figure, and color within the lineup. As league of legends becomes more global and as characters reflect more world cultures is it just a matter of time before we see females with the many different skin colors and body that are scene everyday (slightly skewed of course to the strength and fortitude that champion of the League usually exhibits.)

Iron Stylus my question is how is ethnicity if ever considered when designing a character? Is skin color ever considered? Is it always a conscious decision? Is it whatever came off the pen? Do sketches and concepts go through revisions by other people to create what is the marketable female character? What is the process?

/ wall of questions
While male desirably is cultural for the most part and tradition bound (because females try to improve or maintain their social status when they mate and male physical appearance occupys a low priority in the female mind). Such is not the case of male sexuality which is DEEPLY biological and takes very little queues from culture. Show a playboy magazine to almost any male of any tribal society and they will all find her "perfectly ripe" or beautiful. Men the world over from the steps of Mongolia to the port cities of Russia to the heartland of Thailand or the United States all have very similar conceptions of what is sexually attractive regardless of the culture they are from with very few cultural modifications compared to women where culture modified their sexual choice quite a bit. League of Legends going Global will not change the women displayed very much because men do not change that much from one county to another but women do.

Female beauty travels very well because its biological while male "desirableness" is VERY culture/personality specified and does not travel well. A wealthy English gentelman could travel to the headhunting tribes of Africa and the women would be nothing more then amused by the odd one that showed up to observe their society. A beautiful English women however could travel to the same tribal society that has never seen a westerner before and before too long she might receive some sexual advances even before the language barrier was fully broken. (this is assuming the that they both can avoid being eaten by the head hunters that is).

If anything the internationalization of League of Legends will have a strong effect on the future male character models and skins produced but females will still be much as they are now aside from the occasional urge to take a risk or throw a bone to the more whiney feminists out their.

Kiddalee

01-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua Cross View Post
It fits in with the motif of the people living in that area though, as Olaf is basically wearing a poncho and that's it, like Sejuani, he's got no pants and nothing protecting his arm. They are probably resistant to cold.
Why do people say that Olaf is northern? He's from a continent across the ocean that Valoran hasn't even discovered! How do you even know he's staying up north?

PhoenixArc

01-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddalee View Post
Why do people say that Olaf is northern? He's from a continent across the ocean that Valoran hasn't even discovered! How do you even know he's staying up north?
We dont. But general rule of theumb because we live on Earth is that North = Cold.

Necrosis627

01-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenode View Post
The reason I don't get about this argument is.

You see all these beautiful women in games with large breasts, but we don't complain about all these insanely big muscles/ladys man/good looking men that are CONSTANTLY in games.

Where's the hero for us sensitive men (No amumu doesn't count)
Ezreal?

Lillia

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-13-2012

Quote:
Ashe wears next to nothing and she is from the Freljord, which is also where her sisters are from and that place is freezing.

belthazor3457

01-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillia View Post
Ashe wears next to nothing and she is from the Freljord, which is also where her sisters are from and that place is freezing.
Oh come now, Ashe does not wear next to nothing. she's one of the more clothed female champions.

Also, in the cinematic trailer, her gear was depicted as giving off an aura of frost that froze the grass around her (Which is a nice spell effect I'd like to see in game!) but that would indicate that there's likely some sort of armor enchantment that protects against the cold climate. Stands to reason this tech would be readily available in freljord.

Raptoreyes

01-13-2012

Quote:
But many feel that LoL is yet another form of media encouraging female audiences to look a certain way.
Females are always encouraged to look a certain way which is far less destructive then the female practice of encouraging males to act in a certain way in order to get s e x. Men have it harder as the body can be made to look better then it is via makeup and lighting but personality is soul crushingly difficult to change even superficially for the benefit of impressing others. Objectification of women so women can get what they want is a tiny social problem.... a mis-demeanor compared to the need males feel to say the right thing to get what they want.

I can think of nothing more corrosive to honesty and morral behavior then withholding *** from a young super charged hair trigger male (and they all are at 13-18years) then to withhold *** from those who speak their mind truthfully and give *** to those who figure out what women want to hear and say whatever will get the orgasm they are after. If women can't except the male personality within certain broad limits as it is... they will get words they want but not the truth. Most talented male liars tend to start by lying for *** and move on to more destructive sorts of lies in the world of banking or politics. Compared to civilization destroying lies the extremely occasional eating disorder is so lacking in importance on a civilization wide bases.

IS12e13a9832fe42

01-13-2012

op stfu . uninstall or enjoy boobs
be a real man or go to the kitchen

Murasaki Ryu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayriuss View Post
There are plenty of naked men champs... Tryn, Leesin, Ryze, Gragas, Brand. And sorry people complaining about women being sexualized are just being feminists. Men are sexualized too. So if you wanna complain, at least complain about both, though I dont see the point. Humans are very sexual creatures and we should just accept that. The majority of people enjoy beauty, it doesnt have to make sense. The female body just happens to be particularly graceful and beautiful, that is why it is shown so often.
Did you even read what I said? No. You didn't.