Sejuani and female champs

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sgonzo

01-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loc View Post
You raise good points. I especially enjoy your mentioning of how slight male characters are very obviously male despite their lack of bulging muscles. And honestly, as far as I've seen you're the first person to mention the extremely form fitting clothing that occasionally shows up on some of the lady champs. I was looking at Vayne recently because, after things began drifting toward clothing, because I remember she was covered head to toe. But if you actually look at her...lets call it a bodysuit, it's completely skintight, and as you said, not much is left to the imagination.

It's true that it's an industry standard, not only for video games but all sorts of mass media. However, while change might come slowly, that's no reason not to try.
^ well the lore again read the lore, vayne is suppose to be the leagues batman so of course she will be wearing a skin tight body suit but she doesnt have giant **** infact she reminds me of trinity from matrix who was completely and utterly unattractive

Kiddalee

01-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contagioned View Post
Gragas is a humorous and obvious exception. Also, Ryze has a six-pack. Swain has pecs, if you look at his northern front skin. Malzahar has a six-pack, look at his djinn skin that shows his stomach. You cannot tell with most others if they are muscular or not. And Jax isn't human, not to mention he's muscular, look at the Jaximus skin.
The only obviously non-muscular ones are Ezreal, Master Yi, TF, and Singed. That's a complete minority, and purposeful to their playstyles, other than Singed.
There are no female humorous and obvious exceptions. Of those characters you mentioned, there is no female composite. There are no ugly women. There are no elderly women. There are no horrifically scarred women. There are no tattooed women. There are no cult leaders. Jax is arguably human enough; some players might consider Evelynn, Cassieopeia, and Soraka; Jax is still less sexualized than those three. Offhand, characters that are really, really not human, are all referred to with male pronouns.

Zapron

01-13-2012

Two words: Female Gragas...

Kieote

01-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raifos View Post
Lots of people make fun of Ezreal's androgynous body type and joke about him being female.

I mean, I don't know what you guys want. A cups are actually the least common cup size, and there's at least a variation between B and D cups between the female champions. Irelia's on the small side of that scale, Sona's on the large side. (This means champions that are scale-size humanoid, this discounts Poppy, Tristana, and Annie)

Some female champions have wider hips, some are slender and lithe. There IS VARIATION, PEOPLE.

On the other side, I'm actually a fan of the female champions who have really rich voice acting with a wide emotional range. (Riven is a great example)

tl:dr: Generally it is male unless it has boobs. Much harder to tell there are boobs when boobs are not B cup or higher.
I wasn't generalizing that removing breasts from females and making them all small would instantly solve anyone's issues. I like that there is subtle variety among female champs, yeah. MY specific issue is that while some women have wider hips than others, etc, they all have that perfect hourglass figure. They all have sizable breasts (for their frame), a very, very narrow waist, and wide hips in proportion to themselves. Sure, not every female body is a carbon copy of the next, but they all seem to fit into this ratio. We don't have to lose that Jessica Rabbit appeal, but we can probably adjust it a little to not be so extreme.

Does it mean I want to see a fat chick roll out? Well, no, not specifically, but I wouldn't mind seeing a woman that could toe-to-toe with Gragas in a sumo match. I'd take from it the same level of amusement I do from watching Gragas rolling around.

I don't think anyone for this "less sexualization" issue is saying remove all breasts and make every woman fat, I think we're just saying that in a universe where Gragas and Lee Sin exist, it's probably not unlikely that there's a cupcake-stuffer or steroid-hopping sunflower somewhere in the universe that also wants to fight.

Reducing the issue to the level of "well OP is fat" or an argument of breasts is just silly.

Sgonzo

01-13-2012

i think a female champion with the arechetype good looking body and a beautiful but scarred face owuld be very appealing, some like scarfaces cut over her eye or maybe from temple following the jawline a mercenary perhaps hard fighting woman, what sivir should probly look like lol

Preator

01-13-2012

Not all women in league are stereotyped.... just look at Riven, Poppy and Ezeal, Not to mention tristana the yordle and Shyvana.

Theres a certain variety to be noticed but all in all. There are some designes that sell more then others. Cant get away from it!

Chzrm3

01-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yummines View Post
i like how nobody even mentioned Kayle

she wears full body armor all the time, in all of her skins

a lot of people still think that she is a guy

i think thats what Riot wants to avoid
What I don't get is why this is something that has to be avoided in the first place. If someone thinks Kayle's a guy, is that the end of the world? As long as they're into the champion, it's fine.

Sejuani is riding on a massive boar. That's a much more defining attribute of the character than whether she's a chick or a dude. Personally, I think this was a golden opportunity for Riot to dress a female champ up warmly and comfortably. Ahh well.

Just to offer my perspective, I think a girl that's actually wearing a legitimate outfit is infinitely sexier than a girl that's just in her bikini. I'd take Ironscale Shyvana over any of the MF skins, easily.

So I'm a little sad to see that Riot didn't try something flashy or creative with Sejuani's design. I would've loved to see a babe in fur armor..... awwwww yea.... O_O Hopefully one of the skins offers that, I might have to buy it if so. : )

Kiddalee

01-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contagioned View Post
Since when do they all have different body sizes? They're all average sized muscular/fit human males, none being overbearing in anyway. Singed is the exception here, he simply doesn't have human proportions. Gragas is again an exception.
And Yi. Oh! and Shaco. And Twisted Fate. And Vlad. But even if you think Gragas is an exception, there are not even exceptions among females.

Kiddalee

01-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yummines View Post
i like how nobody even mentioned Kayle

she wears full body armor all the time, in all of her skins

a lot of people still think that she is a guy

i think thats what Riot wants to avoid
Kayle is wearing a veil. Why must women exist in extremes of ****ty and not even visible? And under all that armor, Kayle is hot. Surprise, surprise.

Raze667

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-13-2012

uh... Kayle is in full plate. <,< Did everyone forget about her and the gender question that confuses a lot of players until they read her lore?