Sejuani and female champs

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shaxtenn

01-12-2012

"Sax sells" does not mean sax is the only thing that sells. (Yes, I am talking about saxophones.)

Does every female have to look like a Barbie, with a chainmail bikini and bare shoulders and thighs? Is this literally the only thing people want to see?

I think it's just self-perpetuating marketing bull****. People in marketing, or creative directors or whoever, have spent so long convincing themselves that "the demographic" wants to see this, that now everyone's bought into it.

It annoys me that male champions get designs ranging from Gragas to Blitzcrank to Fiddlesticks to Shaco, while 100% of female champions released in the last 18 months are an identical figure with a different wig and weapon.

Deathbringer025

01-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contagioned View Post
You realize almost all of the males that are showing stomach have six packs and uber muscles, right? I'm not going to count males from species that look nothing like humans for obvious reasons. So why don't you complain next time a male character isn't a fatass? It alienates all fatasses that can't stand looking at these muscular men.
gragas proudly says hi

MandyMemory

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Enchantress View Post
Mandy, we're not comparing Akali to Garen, here. We're comparing a chilly Sejuani, and one who's properly bundled up for winter. Poor thing's getting frostbite on her belly, just because someone decided that LoL's target demo is hungry for pixelated skin.
Comparing her to Ashe? In a similar outfit. Or maybe Olaf? Who goes sleeveless?

She's obviously immune to the cold. She harnesses it and all.

If she puts on more clothes does her passive slow for less?

1337 2thaparty

01-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contagioned View Post
I'm sure if Riot didn't care about gaining fans and making money, they'd make giant burly women all their characters
Then why are they running their server of AdobeAir. Which is a free to use program thing. Like c'mon, don't they have enough money from Teemo skin sales to at least get their own?

Olek Skilgannon

01-12-2012

It's called HyperSexualization. Happens a lot in video games, movies...all forms of mass entertainment actually

deathcoilfeardot

01-12-2012

Kayle was a pretty decent example of a potentially ***-ambiguous character. She had some female physical cues, but even then, I wasn't sure, before I played her the first time, whether I'd hear a man or a woman as the voice actor.

Amin

01-12-2012

I think it actually stems from models. Where thin and extenuated assets are promoted as being seen as "hot". People like it. Because, it's not that "people in marketing, or creative directors or whoever, have spent so long convincing themselves..." it's that they HAVE convinced NATIONS that this is what is seen as attractive. As close to perfection as possible. What every women should strive to have. I'm not saying that it's right or wrong, but this is how it is. People obviously like bigger boobs and a skinny girl. Sure you can get a few exceptions where people prefer the opposite, but this planet has 7billion human beings, there is an exception to everything.

warmturtle229

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyMemory View Post
Comparing her to Ashe? In a similar outfit. Or maybe Olaf? Who goes sleeveless?

She's obviously immune to the cold. She harnesses it and all.

If she puts on more clothes does her passive slow for less?
Olaf is hairy and actually has a shirt on. Ashe is decently covered and has armor, gloves, longboots, a full top, and a mid length skirt.

Shaxtenn

01-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathcoilfeardot View Post
Kayle was a pretty decent example of a potentially ***-ambiguous character. She had some female physical cues, but even then, I wasn't sure, before I played her the first time, whether I'd hear a man or a woman as the voice actor.
I like that you said "was". It also makes me sad.

MandyMemory

01-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by warmturtle229 View Post
Olaf is hairy and actually has a shirt on. Ashe is decently covered and has armor, gloves, longboots, a full top, and a mid length skirt.
I generally call something that barely covers my ass short, but mid length works too.

Boots gloves and shoulders are the only real armor she's wearing though. If a skin tight dress is armor, I must be battle ready when I go to the club.