Sejuani and female champs

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Verosce

01-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datavore View Post
Kayle, default skin?
Too gaudy for me. But on the right track.

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

01-12-2012
12 of 21 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verosce View Post
Give me a woman in plain full-plate, and I will never QQ again. Not that I've been doing much of that--I love all three of those champs and a lot more besides.
...Challenge Accepted.

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

01-12-2012
13 of 21 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricklessabandon View Post
there are definitely rioters that support the push for more 'hot guys' in league of legends.
...Challenge Accepted.

Enraged Magikarp

01-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacking View Post
I think there must be something wrong with me. When I look at the artwork, the first thing I wonder is how come the flail seems to be flying forward when Sejuani looks like she's pulling it back.
Inertia and link tension. Flailed it forward first, now bringing it backwards

Verosce

01-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
...Challenge Accepted.
This is why you're the best around, and no one's ever gonna keep you down.

SLG Rady

01-12-2012

IronStylus,
You're a real class act.
Keep up everything you do.

Enraged Magikarp

01-12-2012

Quote:
...Challenge Accepted.
Kayle

Evil Enchantress

01-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verosce View Post
Okay, Karma's wearing practically a skintight dress that hugs her curves quite nicely. Riven's baring a fair amount of skin, and Leo is sporting breastplate of the most literal variety. It's not OVERsexualized, but it's still sexualized. I don't think that makes the point moot, even if they're not what most rational people would call offensive.

Give me a woman in plain full-plate, and I will never QQ again. Not that I've been doing much of that--I love all three of those champs and a lot more besides.
*lights a candle for Kayle's old model*

Edit: and unfortunately, everyone else seems to think that boobplate is a substitute for a breastplate, as far as "plain full-plate" is concerned.

Eyderin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-12-2012

Quote:
Let's also consider something. Readability. In the game, the characters are fairly small, nyez? So, we do often I believe have to make sure we're making sure to make sure that the figure is readable as a girl or guy. How do we do this? Well, proportion, accentuation, exaggeration, etc. Want the feminine form to read in a game? Welp, guess what, it might have to be a bit more famine and/or stylized than usual to read at the proper distance and keep readable when moving. That's just making sure we cover the basics of simple silhouette recognition. If we make her too broad, you might mistake Sejuani for a male, that'd be, ya know, not what we want.
I'm not sure you'll ever get to this part of the thread, but please, if you do get to this post and you have some time on the way to/from work tomorrow, consider whether this really matters. Is the gender of a character really so important? Does it matter whether or not Kayle is male or female? Surely there are other far more important things, like how vicious the character is, or how sensual, or how malicious, or how thoughtful...

Kayle's gender doesn't seem to significantly change the person that she is, and I think this is true for most people - it's such a tiny aspect of the people that we are, and seeing the overwhelming number of "idealised" figures in computer games often makes me feel that game artists seriously overstate the importance of gender. In Sejuani's case, I think this comes at the high cost of making her *even more* strong, vicious, and independent than she already appears.

I'd be sad to see all the "idealisation" and sexiness removed from LoL's characters, but I'd be so happy to see more Shyvanas (the human model, at least - the dragon model makes me sad), more Kayles, more Twisted Fates, and more Ezreals, *as well* as the Jannas, Tryndameres, and Sejuanis.

EDIT: P.S. I am ambivalent about Leona.

On the one hand, she's skinny. Like, a size 2. She looks like she would find it hard to hold up a toothpick.

On the other hand, she's the most awesome character ever - I've bought both her kick-ass skins and will buy any more that are released immediately - she's strong, 'good' but not boring, has an interesting and rewarding playstyle, and is the *hottest* size 2 I have ever seen in my entire life.

On the other hand, SHE'S SO SKINNY GRRARRGRRGHHH.

GG Sunnykyu

01-12-2012

Quote:
...Challenge Accepted.
Gragas.