Sejuani and female champs

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kitchoua Tembo

01-12-2012

Here we go again: Since LoL's graphics aren't top notch, the designers create champions with exaggerated bodies (males --> super strong, chests and all females --> boobies, immense butts with small hips) so it's easier to tell their ***. This exemple is serious: Make a girl looking like Ezreal and give her a normal body. You will see that they are quite the same with LoL's graphics.

Uh censored word was... S.e.x. I mean, Riot, how can't I say that word?!?

Edit: What's wrong with downvotes, it's pretty much what Ironstylus has said...

Spiritside

01-12-2012

This happens in real life too... I just read a BBC article complaining about "booth babes" in the CES (consumer electronics show) down in Las Vegas. This 'problem' of oversexualizing women isn't even fully solved in real life yet. What makes you think a game company whose largest demographic is even MORE into sexy women than the audience at CES will change anytime soon?

I swear every time a new female champion comes out people make the same post as the OP.

LordTobiothan

01-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loc View Post
It's not a terribly good reason, though. The obvious answer would be that they want to pander to the 18-35 male demographic that dominates gaming culture. But this is a terrible reason to stick to this "standardized female physique." It's insulting and alienating for women (and some men like myself), it's kind of juvenile, and it's more than a little sad that the developers don't think players will like a female character unless she's packing double Ds.
Incorrect, as riot has stated its because any smaller then D's and you can barely see them on the model and might as well not have a chest at all. So there's the reasoning for big chests.

As for the slim bodies, well... what else would you want? a fat lady? yeah cause she could run a step before having a heart attack. Only one that can get away with fat is gragas due to special lore reasons and urgot due to being basically a sack of flesh.

There's no other body type to use when you think about it. Unless you want a mundo like woman, but even then she would literally have to be mundo like because women don't have the ability to bulk without steroids.

edit: @Kitchoua Tembo, and on that note, notice how everyone calls Ez a girl, with how the models are you either get exaggerated or you get Ez.... who could be either really.

I Love Scarlett

01-12-2012

gragas needs a wife too

JuanDeages

01-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FROMTHEMAUSOLEUM View Post
Well who the hell wants to play as a gross fat/uber muscular chick?
People play Gragas and Urgot. Hue.

McDracos

01-12-2012

I do find it funny that she's running around with a huge shield and helmet but has uncovered legs and midriff while riding an animal into war. There 'not realistic' then there's just plain silly.

Fujiou

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-12-2012

Riot doesn't make ugly champs in general anymore. Male or female.

There's a reason nobody plays Gragas, and I assure you it isn't his skillset.

Tridacna Gigas

01-12-2012

I don't find thin women with a big bust attractive. They're kinda like twigs

ChiefBvrcleaver

01-12-2012

Leona. Tristana.Annie.Poppy

Fujiou

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel Calder View Post
Because obviously somebody can't be the slightest overweight or muscular without suddenly becoming morbidly obese or a bodybuilder.

STOP THINKING IN EXTREMES.
Since when have any champs been slightly overweight? In games in general you have to think in extremes. A champion can't be defined by being 5'2'' instead of 5'8''. If a champion is meant to be short, he's going to be about 2'3''. Extremes are kind of needed in video games to make things interesting.