Help Us Stop SOPA

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xLIPx BangaRang

01-12-2012

This is so absurd so for a fact team lip will do what we can to stop this madness.

Soedan

01-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natures Wrath View Post
I'm actually for SOPA.

I'm totally against internet anonymity and I believe this is one of the major cornerstones to ensure that there is never true anonymity on the internet.
Well I'm against SOPA PIPA and any other trashy bills like them problem? I believe if this comes to pass there will be civil war or some other kinds of revolution because lets face it we all value our freedom of speech and our personal privacy which they threaten to take away. People have died for those and more as well or did you forget about them?

My final point is focused on your last 5 words, "Nothing is perfect." If there was one thing perfect in this universe we all wouldn't exist but we do exist. I do believe Steven Hawking said this and he's one of if not the smartest man in the world based on IQ.

Natures Wrath

01-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soedan View Post
Well I'm against SOPA PIPA and any other trashy bills like them problem? I believe if this comes to pass there will be civil war or some other kinds of revolution because lets face it we all value our freedom of speech and our personal privacy which they threaten to take away. People have died for those and more as well or did you forget about them?

My final point is focused on your last 5 words, "Nothing is perfect." If there was one thing perfect in this universe we all wouldn't exist but we do exist. I do believe Steven Hawking said this and he's one of if not the smartest man in the world based on IQ.
People never died for anonymity but for rights. You have no right to be "hidden" or remain anonymous online. It's currently a luxury you happen to have.

Thedyingninja

01-12-2012

Quote:
People never died for anonymity but for rights. You have no right to be "hidden" or remain anonymous online. It's currently a luxury you happen to have.
agreed, and the implication that there will be a civil war? over internet privacy legislation? unlikely.... most nerds dont carry guns.

Soedan

01-12-2012

Quote:
Can't you see this is more than anonymous? They are taking away people's rights which people HAVE died for. I've done my history and I even had to memorize all the states and amendments of the constitution. So which has more value no anonymous people online or our rights?

BaskingRootWalla

01-12-2012

Riot needs to make a free skin, like Uncle Ryze, just for sending a letter to Congress. It would be a great way to increase the number of people trying to stop this act.

Thedyingninja

01-12-2012

Quote:
Can't you see this is more than anonymous? They are taking away people's rights which people HAVE died for. I've done my history and I even had to memorize all the states and amendments of the constitution. So which has more value no anonymous people online or our rights?
What right are they taking away? thats what i want to know. none. it isnt our right to be able to use the internet anonymously, or the right for websites to not be accountable for the content on their sites? that's like saying a library isnt responsible if they have pirated copied books in their library.

Natures Wrath

01-12-2012

Quote:
No anonymous people online. More evil can be done there.

Thedyingninja

01-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint0513 View Post
Riot needs to make a free skin, like Uncle Ryze, just for sending a letter to Congress. It would be a great way to increase the number of people trying to stop this act.
or it would increase the number of people saying they sent a letter to get a free skin.

Soedan

01-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thedyingninja View Post
agreed, and the implication that there will be a civil war? over internet privacy legislation? unlikely.... most nerds dont carry guns.
OK I went overboard on the civil war thing but I'm still concerned about freedom of speech.