AP Yi and You; Why I just threw a won game

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LimitlessChaos

01-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norak View Post
It was the fact that they didn't appreciate what I was doing, nor admit that AP Yi was viable. That is what made me throw it.
This right here makes me regret my knee-jerk up-vote of your original post. Believe me, I already admired your post for the solid prose and that you're someone who stood-up to people in this game's community being classless and rude as they so often are.

But, that you would freely admit to purposefully losing a game because of the reason you've stated above is horrific. You're no better than the very people harassing you if you threw the game for a reason that childish. Face it, people don't ever "appreciate" what you do in an online video game. Think about all of the times you've won a match and one or two members (or all five of them) of the opposing team immediately cry foul that it was their "NOOB TEAM" or "BAD JUNGLER" or (insert player role or champion here) that caused the loss. Do people in League of Legends or other competitive games (mostly games like this where roles are clearly defined and the goal involves specific performance levels of both the entire team and individuals in their role) ever say "Well-played, other team. Your AD Carry was very skilled and his securing many kills gave you a deserved win." No, you don't hear that both because no one who plays League of Legends has a clue what courteous words or good sportsmanship are; but also because people are out to be a star themselves, even the support.

So, unless you get the occasional "GG Graves" (I use Graves because I've heard that before) from the other team for carrying or getting many kills (but not just in-general for being a good player) you're not likely to hear it at all, especially not from your own team unless they're saying "GG Useless ___" as I've also heard when I've become the scapegoat.

All that said, the "TL;DR" version of my post is that I regret my initial support of your cause after reading your final given reason for throwing a game. I didn't look at your match history to see if this game is still there but I hope you did not pull something like that in ranked; it's very childish and all-around worse behavior to cost five people potentially significant ELO because you want to make a point or don't feel they "admitted their error." People are not kind, I've felt it for sure and I try my best every time I play ranked and sometimes I win the day and get many kills and help my team immensely and other times I get counter-picked and lose my lane or make mistakes in my item choices because I'm unfamiliar with dealing with a champion or have a bad game and play poorly. Bad games happen, kids and mean, immature people play League of Legends. Step up and be a better human being and show some good sportsmanship; it looks like most of the enemy team did.

Phantasus

01-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimitlessChaos View Post
This right here makes me regret my knee-jerk up-vote of your original post. Believe me, I already admired your post for the solid prose and that you're someone who stood-up to people in this game's community being classless and rude as they so often are.

But, that you would freely admit to purposefully losing a game because of the reason you've stated above is horrific. You're no better than the very people harassing you if you threw the game for a reason that childish. Face it, people don't ever "appreciate" what you do in an online video game. Think about all of the times you've won a match and one or two members (or all five of them) of the opposing team immediately cry foul that it was their "NOOB TEAM" or "BAD JUNGLER" or (insert player role or champion here) that caused the loss. Do people in League of Legends or other competitive games (mostly games like this where roles are clearly defined and the goal involves specific performance levels of both the entire team and individuals in their role) ever say "Well-played, other team. Your AD Carry was very skilled and his securing many kills gave you a deserved win." No, you don't hear that both because no one who plays League of Legends has a clue what courteous words or good sportsmanship are; but also because people are out to be a star themselves, even the support.

So, unless you get the occasional "GG Graves" (I use Graves because I've heard that before) from the other team for carrying or getting many kills (but not just in-general for being a good player) you're not likely to hear it at all, especially not from your own team unless they're saying "GG Useless ___" as I've also heard when I've become the scapegoat.

All that said, the "TL;DR" version of my post is that I regret my initial support of your cause after reading your final given reason for throwing a game. I didn't look at your match history to see if this game is still there but I hope you did not pull something like that in ranked; it's very childish and all-around worse behavior to cost five people potentially significant ELO because you want to make a point or don't feel they "admitted their error." People are not kind, I've felt it for sure and I try my best every time I play ranked and sometimes I win the day and get many kills and help my team immensely and other times I get counter-picked and lose my lane or make mistakes in my item choices because I'm unfamiliar with dealing with a champion or have a bad game and play poorly. Bad games happen, kids and mean, immature people play League of Legends. Step up and be a better human being and show some good sportsmanship; it looks like most of the enemy team did.
I agree with this poster. Gloat after you win because the stats don't lie. Play how you would play, disregard them, and report them after. Did they deserve the win? No, you are correct. But throwing the game happened because you were insulted and wanted them to pay. They are children, just pity their immaturity and get some frags. Some Quadrakills will change their opinions, and if they don't? These people clearly are mentally deficient anyway.

Hansori

01-11-2012

Yeah sure you feel self righteous. but at the end of the day, ragers gonna rage. you just lost elo. nobody won

Norak

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimitlessChaos View Post

Excuse my shallow response, I guess I was trying to impress the haters too much. I didn't throw the game purely because "they didn't say I was good". I threw it because they were trash talking morons. Even the husband and wife. Sure, the fact that they didn't appreciate what I was doing added in effect, but I went too far as to say that was the only reason I threw it.

By the by, I would never, ever throw a ranked game. I was 9/3 as Morde, my team was all negative by atleast 4 and I still clicked no in the surrender vote.

Koldheartedjsp

01-11-2012

i do the same thing. Giving a bunch of ******bag kids a free win isn't worth it

BrokenFiend

01-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norak View Post
This is a short story about AP Yi:
I got into champion select and hovered over Yi, I kinda felt like playing someone who had a good laning stage and was fun. So I picked Yi and said in the chat "AP, mid". Rage ensued. My team mates scrambled to find any excuse to cause me to dodge, threatening to feed or to "play a stupid build because apparently that's the fashion these days". I ignore it, I get this every game, they'll come around. They always do.

So the game starts and I get Brand mid. If there is anyone that counters AP Yi, it's someone with spammable stuns, burst and healing reduction. Brand had all three thanks to ignite. So I play extremely carefully, so much for the "good, fun laning stage". Brand nets an early kill on me thanks to a flash combo + ignite whilst I was meditating under my turret. This was bad news. Not so much the free 300 gold Brand got (Our Sivir, the one that talked about "stupid builds" earlier, gave up first blood top) but the psychological impact it would have on our team.

Straight away the rage fills the chat, people throwing the N, S, C, F and all flavours of words at me for picking AP Yi. I shifted my way back to my lane and got back into my game. Things were looking up, I started zoning Brand. Shortly after my client lagged out and I came back about 30 seconds later to find Brand had taken a free kill on me and Trynd was in my lane. As I walked to the lane Trynd died to Brand. Brand was getting really fed.

So mid game comes around and the husband and wife that laned bottom together were not only raging at me, but each other. Calling each other all kinds of names and calling the other one out for any kind of mistake that was made. This game seemed like a loss to everyone but me. I had farmed up a massive amount and had plans to use it. I secure a few kills against Brand and bot lane, giving me some decent gold to buy with.

The surrender vote came at 20, I rushed to the "No" button. It was 8-19, they were ahead by a few kills but had luckily not pushed far too many turrets, leaving us only marginally behind. Then they teamfights started happening. The enemy team was shocked at AP Yi, much unlike my team which kept a straight face as they kept trash talking me. I was completely decimating them in teamfights, killing off a single enemy caused a chain reaction which would lead to an Ace.

I did this a few times before the enemy team started realising just how potent I was. Alas, it was too late. I had my Banshees Veil so any attempts at focus were futile. I would heal for 2000~ damage with 300 armor and 300 Magic Resistance and no on was gonna stop me. Things started looking up after the grim beginning, yet my team continued to call not only me, but my build bad. I was adamant to prove them wrong.

I continued along this way until it came to about 35 minutes in. Where, at this stage I have the most kills, least deaths, most assists on our team and the most cs in the game. I say to my team "Have you guys come around to the AP YI side of the force?", to which I was replied so much profanity I was left in awe of the situation. These people did not deserved to be carried. They did not deserve to win through the might of AP Yi. They needed to learn.

So, much against what most people would recommend, I threw the game. First, I called a surrender vote, to which my team replied "WTF, we're winning stupid noob Yi". I gave them a chance, which they threw back in my face. So I avoided teamfights. I pushed top and forced their Brand to leave the teamfight, making it a 4v4, and stated to my team "If I'm so bad, then me taking their AP Carry out should make this teamfight easier for you, right?". They lost the teamfight, 4 for 0. I killed Brand and pushed 2 turrets before the enemy team destroyed our turretless Nexus after the teamfight.

At the end of all this, my team explained to the enemy team just how useless of a troll I was and that I should be reported. All except one on the enemy team were entirely against the idea and applauded me on my game.

This is the story of how I threw a game as AP Yi. Will a lot of you think I'm an idiot? Yes. Do I care? About as much as I did when my team called me an idiot. (Spoiler: I didn't).

TL;DR: If you're not the type who is into stories then why would you click on a thread with the words "Short story" when you hovered over it?

Inb4 illiterates telling me that this "isn't a short story, it's like 500 words long", technically you're right. Short stories are longer.

You are not a boss. You are THE BIG BOSS.

SNAAAAKE EEEEAAATTEEEEEERRR!

GunnarOptiks

01-11-2012

So you lost the game for your team and now you want us to tell you its okay? you failed mid with yi.. go play wii bowling. i bet you dont even bowl strikes.

Walruspocalypse

01-11-2012

bump, would read again

Koldheartedjsp

01-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunnarOptiks View Post
So you lost the game for your team and now you want us to tell you its okay? you failed mid with yi.. go play wii bowling. i bet you dont even bowl strikes.
what i got out of this

"i don't know how to read"

Norak

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunnarOptiks View Post
Strikes?
Why would I bowl strikes when I could bowl
*sunglasses*
ALPHA STRIKES?

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH