Heimerdinger Exhaustively Examined

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EnderDDT

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-11-2012

The really ironic thing is this: This information is somewhere between half and a third of what I found out when researching the character. I could go on about how the mastery changes indirectly hurt him, how item nerfs hit him harder than expected, and about the base power and per-level increase of his abilities. I could have focused more on the bugs in the character or the necessary skills to play heimer well that put him ahead of similarly skilled players of other characters. Heck, I even looked up every popular Heimer build I could find and all of the main build types, then compared them to other similar characters and similar build types with other characters to see how functionally viable they were on a comparative scale. I could talk about some of the special tricks that Heimer used to have that were destroyed, or I could examine his abilities comparatively across the different maps. I've even read through and pulled apart most of the proposed solutions and examined them for how they might add to his potential viability, his potential for brokenness, and his lack of potential in terms of synergistic ability and those things that RIOT will almost certainly never implement because of his past.

This is what a lethal combination of curiosity and boredom do to me... But at least it isn't drugs, right?

Iloriem

01-11-2012

Bump for a red to read this.

thunderingice

01-11-2012

bumping and commenting that i think that the section on heimer rockets should probably be compared to nid or grag or another poke champ since that is the only reason he is considered viable tho i dont know if he still is after dan's heimer got romped by regi's leblanc. i do hope someone from the live team will give feedback. i think this thread deserves it.

Nishidaman

01-11-2012

Since i started playing lol, i play heimer!
His power decreased a lot, my scores used to be around 10 kills, less than 5 deaths, 15 assists and 5+ turrets.
now playing him with more experience and skills in game i usually go 5-8 kills, 5-6 deaths, 10~ assists and 2-3 turrets.

thunderingice

01-11-2012

bumping for great justice

Kojolika

01-11-2012

I actualy read the whole thing and I agree on everything you said.

Amatorius

01-11-2012

Here is a problem I encounter with Heimer it has to deal with his rockets. his rockets can be useless(or very hard to land) in a team fight that happens near creeps. His turrets suffer this too. and grenade are hard to land as is. Heimer is also really slow, so trying to chase after someone and get clear of the creeps so rockets can hit is hard. This really sucks when a teammate comes to gank your lane, and you cant get any damage off on the enemy to help them because of the creeps. This huge disadvantage for Heimer when compare to most other champions. I think improving Heimer ability to fight players when around creeps would do a lot to make him more viable.

I was thinking before I read this that making one or all his rockets prioritize players over creeps would be a big quality of life improvement on Heimer, but they probably wont do that because of his past.

1. So one of my idea's to fix this would be to rework his ultimate, so instead of what it did before it now refreshes all his cooldowns, loads turret ammo, and his turrets and rockets prioritize the enemy players. This would allow him to do a bit of damage when by the creeps and a ton of damge when not by creeps.

2. Allow the player to throw is turrets, instead of having to run up and place them. This would help with turret placement during a team fight.

3. Also would like Heimer to have more turrets, but the way to make it so he doesn't build a nest would be to make it so his turret have to be so far apart in order to be placed.

MrBoomstickESQ

01-11-2012

Bumping in the name of all ignored inventors!

BOW5ER

01-11-2012

Excellent Analysis, I like how you pointed out the not so easy to observe problems that heimer has. +1

Amatorius

01-11-2012

Here is another idea, what if heimer was a hybrid and could deal decent auto attacks in between his bigger spells. This would help him quite a bit when fighting around creeps.