Help Us Stop SOPA

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ravel

01-11-2012

Emailed my representative a while back - Rep. Chaffetz, who as far as I can tell is against SOPA anyway, but I let him know of my opposition to the bill, just in case.

Imo, this bill is like curing athlete's foot by severing the foot. Not only is the issue non life-threatening to most industries affected by it, but there are already measures in place to deal with it aside from destroying what caused the itch in the first place. Plus, severing the foot (like this bill) wouldn't remove the fungus - rather it just kills something very useful that it happened to be feeding on.

BrokenFiend

01-11-2012

Me and my friends do not fear Sopa. Why?
Because this is the god **** internet we are talking about.

We are one nation that, if it combines its power, can overrun Hollywood and all the greedy soulless monsters in this world.

They lose money through piracy?
Alright. How about no more ads, reviews or trailers for any sorts of movies, tv shows or products on the internet? You know how much they would suffer through that?

It will backfire, they will lose even more money, they will lose their fans and followers.
People will start more piracy to rebel against it. People will go out on the streets and cause mass riots, standing in front of their buildings, their little hide aways, showing them the power of millions of people that make up the citizens of the internet.

This is not just America they are attacking here, this is all of us, this hits the entire world.

So let them come at us. We will crush them.

AusBoss

01-11-2012

Ugh. The things the government tries to control.

Kniftin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-11-2012

I don't agree with SOPA or anything, but Mike Mozart or whatever his name is needs to calm his ****. He's way too childish and I could hardly watch one minute of his video because of how *literally* retarded he looked.

Go watch
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hJp5ofhziU
Or these by Total Biscuit
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HriNzsp89lM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhwuXNv8fJM

Honestly any other video on this subject is better than his.

Tenebradentro

01-11-2012

I am terribly sorry to hear this, and however, I find myself unable to do a thing, for of all the players in LoL that arent exectly in the US we find ourselves unable to do a thing, however I voice my personal disgust and abhorence of a laudable purpose turned into a rotten campaign, they mus learn that "nature is the truest form of balance..." And it does not include SOPA....

BabattKhan

01-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rep Jared Polis View Post
Hi, this is Congressman Jared Polis of Colorado. As a member of the League of Legends community (partial to Anivia and Maokai), and as someone who made his living as an Internet entrepreneur before being elected to Congress, Iím greatly concerned about the future of the Internet and gaming if Congress doesn't wake up. You may have heard that Congress is currently considering a bill called the Stop Online Piracy Act, or SOPA. While SOPA has a ton of problems, there are some significant issues that I thought fellow gamers might want to know about.

Iím particularly concerned that SOPA might stifle the kind of innovation that brings us games we love, such as LoL. The bill makes it far too easy for angry competitors to sue good law abiding companies out of existence. It threatens any company or website that depends on user-generated content, even companies like Riot. Instead of coming up with great ways to keep making games like LoL even better, companies will have to spend their money hiring lawyers. That's why companies like Riot, who want to protect the games they create, are opposed to SOPA.

Iíve been working on alternative legislation that would protect the games companies create while also fostering innovation. But we also need you to call your members of Congress and let them know of your opposition to SOPA. This bill has a very real chance of passing, and it is up to all of who want to protect the Internet to take action. More information is available at http://keepthewebopen.com/. Please make your voices heard in this debate! I will be happy to respond to your posts below, and will check back every few hours today and respond to as many as I can.
Maokai is a boss of an oak tree. Also, I'm glad to hear that there is someone like you in Congress, who has greater insight into the potentially disastrous effects SOPA could have.

Mikcha212

01-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by violentvendetta View Post
... move to Canada eh?
Well, im sorry to break this to you, but PIPA will have the rights to remove any site in america, or outside the united states from even being searched from other countires.

So in terms, Canada will not be able to use Youtube. will not be able to connect to LoL NA Server and neither will anyone else who wants to connect to the NA Server.

this will make America like how North Korea is. Completely cut off to information from outside influence. it will be just like how the Soviet Union was during the cold war.

Denxraw

01-11-2012

Riot kills SOPA... LEVEL UP!!!!!!

Hoovy

01-11-2012

I've heard talk about a X-number of hours blackout much like reddit is doing on the 18th this month. I'm thinking that not being able to play the game for 12 hours while bringing up alot of external awareness among people who will be affected by this horrendous legislation is a good trade off.

It must be done, BLACKOUT EVERYTHING! D8<

Ahhh Dolfy

01-11-2012

they say ign supports SOPA...

You can't spell ignorance without "ign"